Chapter 6: Mr. Henry V2

Chapter 6: Mr. Henry V2

A Chapter by Jack Rock
"

Lets take a look what's been happening for Tom.

"

             Another quiet day here, well it was a quiet day till Jack brought news to me. He just had to get himself involve in the story again. It was not his first time doing this, and it’s not going to be the last time either, sometimes I wonder ow Jack isn’t fired yet. He keeps making all these mistakes and here I am reporting it. Walking to headquarters, I have a folder of papers in my hand, confidence out the window, and not ready for what’s coming behind those doors. Henry is a feared man, he oversees Kage, he keeps everything in check to the last T. Any issues any of us had is resolved quickly by him.


            I entered the door of headquarters where everything looks the same, secretary on the desk, chairs lined up on the wall, and a line of people to see the man himself, probably here to get help. I stood in line for an hour before I met the lady in the desk. “Hi, Tom here, I’m here to report on a problem?” The lady stares up to me and said, “here is a bin for that, place it there instead.” She’s irritated by me, “Well this one requires Mr. Henry’s immediate attention” The secretary typed on her computer for a while, then she answered, “Mr. Henry will see you in a few minutes, please take a seat.”


            I see all kinds of people here at the waiting lobby, many look they dressed up for their job, civilians, monsters, kids, all serving their purpose as a background character. I remember the days of being a background character as well, it used to be simpler back then, now as a supervisor, it got a lot more complicated over the years. I been hearing a lot of horror stories about guys getting fired, never seeing the person again. “Tom! Mr. Henry is ready to see you now.”


            I followed a lady to an elevator where two guards stand by, both have a face of seriousness, I was getting nervous just looking at them. We both took an elevator ride to the 70th floor, where Henry’s office is, sweat is coming off my back just imagining Henry, it’s never a fun ride up here. The elevator opened to a room with glass panels and a desk in front of it, a fireplace on the right and some animal trophies all around. This office is built more like a log cabin that an office, I find it best to not question this guy’s interest. The lady signals me to step inside and so I did. The elevator door closed behind me and took myself a seat on the chair. “Hello Tom.”


Henry turned his chair around to face me, I can’t see his face to well because of the windows, he has a gray suit with a black tie “Hello Mr. Henry, I came to report on an issue with an employee of mine.” Henry sat in silence. “Its sounds like he got himself into trouble, being promoted from background to side character, if he goes any farther, eventually he’ll become the main cha-.” Henry stopped m from finishing my sentence. “I know.” I bit my tongue in anger, “If you already knew about it, then why aren’t we doing anything to stop him?” He stands up and faces towards the window. “I can see everything that everyone does, all of you and all of them, freely going about in their own reality, sometimes I come to visit a few of the other worlds. We are all set by rules and bounds unknown to us, but blindly follow. Maybe we should let him create a little chaos, it will defiantly make things more interesting to watch.”


I got taken back to the edge of my seat, “What exactly are you planning to do with Jack?”  Henry sat back down on his chair “Him and a girl I’ve been following for a while now are going to help me out with a little experiment I been wanting to try for a while now. I want to know the reaction this would set off. So far its been going well with another character I’ve been working with, of course, he has his limitation, taking him only so far. The reaction has been positive, but I want to take it one step further.”


I stared in awe and in fear of Henry, I couldn’t make any sense of his cryptic message. “Just who exactly are you, if you don’t mind me asking.”


            “I been called many things, characters that witness me have always been weary of me. Call me Mr. Henry, the watcher of Kage.





© 2019 Jack Rock


Author's Note

Jack Rock
Hope you all enjoyed it so far.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
Added on January 22, 2019
Last Updated on March 9, 2019


Author

Jack Rock
Jack Rock

About
I'm going to dump all my ideas down, its up to you if you like it or not, Don't expect to much from me. more..

Writing