Chapter 5:  Unexpect Turn

Chapter 5: Unexpect Turn

A Chapter by Jack Rock
"

Things are moving along, and Jack wasn't aware of it till now.

"

             I’m making my way to the student council room, normally I would be serving my detention for showing up late to class, but I made a clone of myself to serve that sentence for me. I entered the student council to see most people were there already. I see Lilly and Emily together as always, Ashely is with them as well. Emily spotted me and signal me to come over, Lilly sees me and tried to intimidate me to stay away, unfortunately I’m going anyway.

            “Stay away Jack, you hurt Emily’s feelings this morning.” Lilly told me as I move closer. “I told you Lilly, its ok, he had a phone call to answer, I’m sure it was important.” Lilly told Emily, “His phone call was more important than you? This is why I despise men. To them everything else is more important than a person.” I can’t help but feel bad that I did that to Emily. Lilly turns back towards me, “You also had the nerve to vanish after you left Emily until you showed up to class.”

            I got chills going down my back, how did she know that, did she see me using the key? “I was talking to my father, he rarely ever calls me and when he does, it was not for great news.” Avoiding another problem on my head, I choose to lie to hopefully redirect their attention somewhere else. “I did it to not concern Emily in the slightest, and I didn’t want to her to know of my problems.” Lilly didn’t even say another word to me, looks like it worked for the best. “If you didn’t have that going on, Lilly would have chewed you up” Ashely told me, then walked away. “I’m sorry to hear Jack, I think its best to go back to your seat.” Both of us looked at the downed Lilly, I agreed with her and went back to my usual spot.

            This was for the best, I must lie in order to stay secret, no one really knows who I am so I can make up a lot of things. Usually its small lies to get by in a story, but for this case, it’s a pretty big one. The meeting ended, leaving on the topic of the school festival that coming up soon.  I saw Emily, Lilly and Ashely with the president and vice-president, that’s weird, I decided to join them whatever their talking about. Emily saw me and quickly came to me, “Is it ok if you can go home without me today?” This is a surprise. “No, I don’t mind, I guess I’ll see you later.” I decided to play along, they’re defiantly hiding something, and they don’t want me to be part of it.

            After I closed the door, I checked my surroundings and turned invisible, this time, I’m prepared, I ate a big lunch, so I got plenty of energy to spare. I phased through the door to spy on what they are doing. All of them gathered in a circle, some cool stuff was happening then they all vanished. What did I stumble into? I pulled out the phone and tracked down Emily, looks like my job just turned serious. I pulled out my phone where it shows me a detailed map of the area. It starts beeping to show where Emily is at, the place she is at is unfamiliar to me, I guess I’m going to wherever she is, its my job after all to see how this story goes.

I pulled out my key and twisted the air revealing a door, I went through the door to find myself in a dusty old shed, looks like it hasn’t been used in a while. I phased through the door to see I’m at a backyard. It looks like any ordinary house people can find, nothing stood out from it. I looked through the window, preparing to find out what’s in store for me. I find people going through a secret door that leads underground, one of them was defiantly Emily. I followed through the secret door before it closes.

I followed them down a staircase that’s leads to a hallway, this is a secret base If I have ever seen one before. They stopped behind a giant blast door. Rosco stepped forward and placed is hand in the panel beside it, the machine accepts, the blast doors opened, and the group went inside, I followed them in. The doors revealed a big room with screens in the front of the room, a table in the middle, and several rooms even further beyond. “Take a seat Emily.” Emily listened to Rosco and found herself a seat in the large table. The rest of the group sat in other chairs, Lilly is of course, right next to her.

All the seats were used except for one empty chair on the side, as much as I want to sit there, I rather avoid being caught at this point. I went and sat in the corner of the room, ready for anything at this point. “As you all know, we have a new member with us today, please introduce yourself to everyone here.” Rosco said to the table. Emily stood and gave herself an introduction to everyone. Everyone clapped for her and she sat back down, Rosco went on after her, “Is it true that you can read minds Emily?”

“Its not that I read minds Rosco, I can read memories of anybody.” Lilly stood up, “I can vouch for her captain, she was able to recall things I told nobody about, she is the real deal, like how we are all superheroes.” Rosco pushed his glasses to his face, “I see, then you are already aware of what’s happening Emily?” Emily looked down, “Of course, what you are all fighting against, I can’t help but stand around and do nothing about it.” Nicole stands up, “How can we be sure we can trust you? For all we know you could be a spy to the enemy.” 

"The Kumanjies killed my parents!" The room fell silent, that’s the first I’ve seen Emily like this, usually she’s happy. She is defiantly a main character, parent’s death, revenge on an enemy, becoming a superhero; it’s the perfect recipe for a story. Nicole apologizes and sat back down in her seat, regretting her decision. Rosco clears his throat and announces,” Welcome to the team Emily.” Everyone cheers for the new member, Ashely went over to Emily, “Tomorrow, I’m testing out your abilities, getting you ready for the battle. You should consider yourself lucky to be trained by a goddess like me.” Lilly put herself between Ashely and Emily, “Then you don’t mind if I train Emily as well?” Before we all know it, they were both arguing again.




© 2019 Jack Rock


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

111 Views
Added on January 20, 2019
Last Updated on January 20, 2019


Author

Jack Rock
Jack Rock

About
I'm going to dump all my ideas down, its up to you if you like it or not, Don't expect to much from me. more..

Writing