Chapter 12 Part 2: The Test of Yuun Part 2

Chapter 12 Part 2: The Test of Yuun Part 2

A Chapter by CzatoftheMoon
"

A story of the past and a shocking revaling.

"

an eased spirit never forgets the way of the sword. A calm mind never forgets how many cuts it takes. A calm body knows how many it can take and calm eyes know where to hit the enemy. This is Kanui the way of the Nakama demon hunters. These words echoed in Hisao's head as he stepped outside and looked to Yuun swinging his sword faster than Hisao could blink. He shivered a bit at seeing that but walked forward prepared for anything.

 

*Yuun lowered his sword and looked to Hisao*

 

Yuun: You look to be prepared for a funeral.

 

*Hisao blinked and shook his head still shivering*

 

Hisao: i..its not that! I mean well.. its true that you can cut through wood with just that wooden sword?

 

*Yuun laughed and shook his head*

 

Yuun: a wooden sword is a wooden sword. Even in the hands of an expert it is only wood and cant cut through anything. I am a swordsman known for my swordsmanship however any other expert or master would tell you that those rumors are just to scare people.

 

*Hisao sighed and nodded slightly gritting his teeth*

 

Hisao: good to hear! damn you Asuga..

 

*Yuun looked to him and sighed*

 

Yuun: dont worry Nakama san, their is nothing to fear I wouldnt purposely try to kill you.

 

*Hisao shook his head and walked over to him picking up a wooden sword that Yuun had placed on the ground for him. He sighed and closed his eyes then focused completely and opened them*

 

Hisao: no it wasnt that Yuun. Just that rumor was a real pain but now I know that its not true..

 

*everyone stood by watching outside the back yard sliding door. Gale and Ukyo stood on the sides watching as Hisao looked to Yuun and bowed*

 

Yuun: oh? this is intresting. I had no idea you were this familliar with swordsmanship.

 

*Hisao took a step back to avoid hitting Yuun or anyone and lowered his blade back holding it with both hands and then quickly swung forward pushing wind off the blade. Yuun blinked as the others looked surprised. Honda merely looked in disbelief*

 

Hisao: I was trained in the Nakama Sword Style. Its more of a cross between several styles and mixed to just be for incipacitating the opponent. Sure some moves are deadly but they wont be at my level.

 

*Honda growled*

 

Honda: Hey Nakama! why the hell didnt you do any of that when we were fighting you? and for that matter what about kendo classes at school? you never joined?

 

*He looked to Honda*

 

Hisao: My father told me that this sword style cant be taught by anyone else due to its random nature and when I use it, its only meant for demons. If I did use it on you then it would end up leaving you in a hospital for eight months. Well thats one reason the other is.. I really dont like using my own strength on meaningless fights like that.

 

*Honda blinked*

 

Honda: thats really pathetic in its own way!

 

*Gale shook her head*

 

Gale: its more of a mature thing to be honest. Who would want to show off in front of people and be the b*****d? Only a former bully like yourself maybe.

 

*Honda grumbled and stood silent*

 

*Yuun blinked at Hisao's words*

 

Yuun: your almost too good to be true Nakama san. It seems you were taught well on the true samurai way as well as skills however..

 

*He rushed forward to Hisao holding his sword straight up and purposely missed swinging downward at Hisao hitting the ground and leaving it with a small bump where he hit then pulled away.*

 

Yuun: why didnt you dodge?

 

*Hisao looked to the bump in the ground*

 

Hisao: I didnt think you'd attack so early on purpose.

 

*Yuun smiled*

 

Yuun: well keep your eyes open. I will not miss purposely this time.

 

*Hisao nodded looking to him ready as he took his stance. He flipped the wooden katana around in his hand instead of holding the end outward focusing it inward as he crouched and held his other hand forward*

 

*Yuun blinked*

 

Yuun: hmm that style.. looks familliar. Well here we go.

 

*Yuun raised his katana upward pointing it to the sky as he carefully placed his hands around the bottom gripping it tightly and looked to Hisao with a calm expression ready.*

 

*Chad and Honda looked still wondering as Gale looked on silently. Yuhiko focused on Hisao with a worried expression as Ukyo smirked a bit looking to the two. Rai only looked on tapping his finger on the wooden edge of the door as Karuo sat calmly at the end of the door looking on*

 

*Hisao rushed forward swiping the wooden sword across Yuuns blade. Yuun lowered his blade downward missing the wooden sword but dodged it coming back and flipped the blade sending it upwards attempting to hit Hisao as he spinned however Hisao pulled back just in time and out of Yuuns range*

 

*He smiled as memories came back to his head about his training with his father and grandfather.*

 

(( Memory ))

 

???: remember to keep your eyes on the blade as well as if it were the demon itself Hisao.

 

*a young Hisao nodded*

 

Hisao: yes!

 

*he rushed forward as the man pointed the blade at him however Hisao slipped under the blade and knocked it up as he swiped sideways aiming toward the right. The man brought the blade down blocking the side as the blades clashed clicking as they hit and he growled*

 

???: wrong! dont use your size to hit me Hisao use your blade boy!

 

*he pushed Hisao's blade back forcing him to lose balance and fall over. Hisao stood up and held the blade with two hands and huffed*

 

Hisao: b-but thats an advantage! why not take it?

 

*he looked to Hisao*

 

???: oh? then try it again.

 

*He pointed his blade forward as Hisao rushed again knocking the blade upward and swung to the left only to be hit on the head by the wooden sword and yelped falling back holding his head with one hand.*

 

Hisao: ow! ow ow! father!

 

*He shook his head and laughed*

 

???: when you parry this certain sword style Hisao, it leaves ur head and shoulders exposed. The blade was pointed forward usually causing people to knock it out of the way. However doing so will knock the blade upward giving me the momentum to send it downward at the skull. If you use your shortness to parry my blade and dodge it then your only using that advantage. Is that really an honorable way to kill or hurt somone son?

 

*He sniffled and shook his head*

 

Hisao: n..no. The way to fight is.. the way to win should be honorable as if you were an equal, size cannot be used or it is dishonorable. I understand father.

 

*he smiled*

 

Noruki: if thats so then come and find a way around the blade.

 

*he pointed the blade forward aiming at Hisao*

 

*Hisao nodded and readied himself then thrusted forward. Noruki blinked as the wooden blades clashed as Hisao's blade slid down the side pushing his out of the way as Hisao contined forward hitting his fathers side as he moved past him.*

 

*Noruki smiled looked back at him*

 

Noruki: hmm you parried my blade by using your own force behind your own and found a pointed blades weak spot. If you were to have changed and sent it forward the two would have just knocked eachother back with their own force as if poking your fingers together but you slid underneath using the edge. Your growing up Hisao.

 

*He shook his head*

 

Hisao: I.. I still need practice. It was.. hard not to use my size as advantage.

 

*He nodded turning around to face him*

 

Noruki: I understand. Shall we continue?

 

*He nodded as the memory faded into white and Hisao looked to Yuun who waited lowering his blade similar to his father*

 

Hisao: hmm..

 

*He rushed forward as the group looked on.*

 

*Honda shook his head*

 

Honda: going right at the blade? hes going to knock it upward!

 

*Gale shook her head*

 

Gale: then Yuun will send it down at him. He will be hit.

 

*Ukyo shook his head*

 

Ukyo: its a standard move.. He wont be fast enough or strong to block it from coming down.

 

*Yuun smirked and lunged the blade towards Hisao aiming to his chest however Hisao slide his blade down the side of Yuun's causing him to pull back and push Hisao's blade off his own. Yuun used the momentum and spined around waving the blade to hit Hisao in the back. Hisao was able to recover however and flipped his blade back as he did before and blocked the attack looking back at Yuun*

 

Yuun: hm your reflex is amazing. My hit would have gotten you, its hard to know how you blocked that so fast.

 

*He shook his head*

 

Hisao: the same move you used.. I practiced with my father and grandfather over and over till I thought of at least sixty ways to counter it.

 

*Yuun blinked*

 

Yuun: oh really?

 

*He moved his blade and pulled back allowing Hisao stand straight. They both stood steady as Yuun changed his stance*

 

Yuun: you know of this stance? im sure you've seen it. The Samurai in my region used it.

 

*he stood up straight and pulled his blade back as if he was placing it in a sheathe and stood ready*

 

*Hisao nodded*

 

Hisao: its part of the wave strike style.

 

*Yuun smirked*

 

Yuun: then you know what im going to do next.

 

Hisao: ...a horizantal strike as you pull the blade out followed by an uppercut vertical strike as you hit..

 

*Yuun nodded and crouched readying himself to strike*

 

Yuun: your right. The power on this strike depends on how you use it. The horizantal strike could be the strongest or the vertical could be the strongest.

 

*Hisao nodded*

 

Hisao: if I can use this style..

 

*he flipped his blade back resting it on his elbow and crouched*

 

Hisao: horizantal and vertical..

 

*Hisao stood silent staring down Yuun for a moment then blinked and rushed forward as Yuun closed his eyes and horizantally swung. Hisao raised his elbow up vertically blocking the blade as Yuun switched his motion to start upwards. He swung up quickly as the blade made its way upwards attempting to catch Hisao's jaw with the hit. Hisao moved his arm horizantally blocking the blade but the strength of the hit was strong and broke the wooden sword hitting Hisao's arm and broke his bone. Hisao pulled back and yelped a bit as Yuun opened his eyes and looked to him*

 

Yuun: Nakama san! Im sorry! I didnt mean to put so much force behind the blade.

 

*Hisao held his arm tightly and winced in the pain*

 

Hisao: nngh.. its okay! these things happened before.. I should have pulled back instead of trying to block the blade..

 

*Yuhiko rushed over to him and looked to his arm. It was swelling up and red*

 

Yuhiko: Hisao! oh! no! Yuun! you!.. you!

 

*Honda walked over to her*

 

Honda: its okay calm down Yuhiko!

 

*everyone walked over to the group as Rai shook his head*

 

Rai: ouch the bone is broken isnt it? I heard the break.

 

*Yuun kneeled down and lowered his head*

 

Yuun: I am terribly sorry Nakama san!

 

*they all looked to him as Hisao shook his head*

 

Hisao: no no its okay really.. I mean it happened before and...

 

*a dark aura appeared around Hisao's arm before he could speak as it started to slowly stop swelling. Yuun looked in disbilef as the other blinked looking to his arm.*

 

Hisao: hmm? Asuga?

 

*Hisao could feel the bone healing quickly and forming back into place as the dark energy faded slowly and Asuga appeared floating behind Hisao. Yuun blinked looking to him*

 

Yuun: impossible! a demon!? what in the world..

 

*Asuga sighed*

 

Asuga: you people playing with your wooden sticks. Sheesh you both should know better. I need this body to stay strong so I can keep going for now. Ugh if you want to get hurt do it by hurting the other people.

 

*Hisao smirked and laughed sheepishly*

 

Hisao: no worries Asuga. You dont need to sound so angry about it.

 

*Yuun shook his head*

 

Yuun: this is impossible. How can they be real? I thought demons were all just figments of imagination. Then you mean.. you really are a demon hunter?!

 

*Asuga laughed*

 

Asuga: bing bing! correct! for a highly trained killer your pretty slow and you!

 

*he pointed to Hisao*

 

Asuga: why didnt you use me? why didnt you ask for my help and use my powers?

 

*Hisao blinked*

 

Hisao: why would I do that? I want to fight with Honor you know. My skills are strong too!

 

*Asuga growled*

 

Asuga: honor?! dont give me that crap Hisao! Honor gets you beheaded! Life is more better than Honor and winning dirty is WAY better than dying with honor!

 

*Hisao shook his head*

 

Hisao: how can you say that?! Honor was what I was taught to have! every being has it. Sure I dont want to die but I wouldnt resort to using cheap ways to win!

 

*Asuga shook his head*

 

Asuga: and that is why youll never live up to your full potential. Always weak like the day I saw you!

 

*the group all looked on as the two argued. Yuhiko closed her eyes and looked sadly*

 

Yuhiko: stop..

 

*Hisao growled*

 

Hisao: weak? so what if I got picked on! so what if I was hurt! look at me now! I have friends due to my honor and I have so many more things too!

 

*Asuga laughed*

 

Asuga: ohoho! so what indeed. You needed me to get them not some fake honor! you idiot it was all me that got your friends and people to stop bullying you! I taught you how to stand up to your fears and fight them.

 

*Yuhiko shook her head*

 

Yuhiko: ..stop it..

 

*Hisao glared at him*

 

Hisao: shut up! I hate you Asuga! you think its easy doing what I do? im no demon! especially a manipulative evil one like you!

 

*Asuga blinked and smirked*

 

Asuga: im the only one thats keeping you alive Nakama boy remember that!

 

*Hisao shook his head*

 

Hisao: and im the only one keeping you alive by living demon Asuga!

 

*Yuhiko bursted out angrily*

 

Yuhiko: SHUT UUUUUUP!!!!!!!!

 

*A blast of light from Yuhiko pushed everyone as they were knocked to the ground.*

 

*Rai blinked getting up slowly*

 

Rai: and what the hell was.. huh?

 

*Honda and Chad stood up looking*

 

Honda: ah.. no way.. Yuhiko?

 

Chad: thats wild! ive never seen such a thing.

 

*Gale looked to her*

 

Gale: is that.. Ihgi too?

 

*Ukyo stood up slowly*

 

Ukyo: hmm ive never seen this.

 

*Karuo stood up from out of the bushes groaning*

 

Karuo: intesting..

 

*Yuun looked on confused*

 

Yuun: two demons.. but it seems this one has done more than Hisao.

 

*Hisao stood up looking to her as Asuga blinked*

 

Hisao: um... what did she do to her Asuga?

 

*Yuhiko huffed and looked around to them as she spoke her voice sounded like Ihgi and Yuhiko's*

 

Yuhiko: you two need to stop fighting! your so wrong about each other! your both good we can feel it!

 

*Asuga sighed and looked*

 

Asuga: you did it.. Ihgi fused with with a human girl?!



© 2011 CzatoftheMoon


Author's Note

CzatoftheMoon
I dont know squat about swordplay. Excuse my whole messups.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It was interesting. So, not what I was expecting, but in a good way! I loved the story, and the interactions between the characters. Plus, I wasn't expecting the ending. Haha. The swordplay also wasn't bad, and it fit the scene pretty well. Good job on the descriptions!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on November 18, 2011
Last Updated on November 18, 2011


Author

CzatoftheMoon
CzatoftheMoon

Winnie , TX



About
I am a writer of fanfiction and anime type storys but I could probobly write about anything I wanted. Dont expect much from me folks I dont think im any good at writing. more..

Writing