December 27

December 27

A Chapter by Brittni

Well, three days later. Jonathan got in touch with his lawyer about Mara. I continued to harbor a guilty feeling about what was occuring. I don't know the woman very well, but I know that she didn't deserve this. I had mentioned it to Kristy on our way to Convalence, a new coffee shop that had opened up near campus.
"So, you are telling me that you want to send your finances soon to be ex wife a "Sorry I stole your husband" gift." I shrugged my shoulders as we shook loose some of the slush that was accumulating on our boots and pants. 
"I know it sounds so strange, but I feel so guilty. I have never been in this situation before." I explained to her as our eyes browsed over the many warm and colorful cookies that had created little wafts of steam that covered the glass. I looked briefly at the drink selection before settling on my usual mocha without whipped cream. Kristy ordered something that looked like a melted smore in a mug. We took a seat near the window so we could watch the steady flow of cars and people make their way to work. I was still off of work pending psychiatric evaluation due to the nightmares....heh the doctor needed the doctor. I must have been really quiet because Kristy tapped her spoon against my mug.
"Spill. What's going on?" I took a sip of my mocha and started straight at her. She didn't like it when I did that on account of it making her nervous. 
"Been doing alot of thinking about this. What is Jonathan gets in trouble? What if I do?" I vented as Kristy took a dark red nail around the rim of her mug with a gleam in her eyes that alerted me to a smart alec remark.
"You aren't the only girl to ever sleep with her professor and actually allowed it to further their career. You're a strong girl who has gotten through worse. You will do perfectly fine with this." For some reason I felt all my misgivings melt away, knowing that she always could see the common sense when I could not. I look back out the window and allowed my mind to drift once more as Kristy picked up her phone to talk to her mom. I closed my eyes for a moment and the next time I opened them I was standing outside, cold air slapping me in the face and blowing my coat open. It was dark outside, but very clear. I had gone to a movie by myself that night, as it was a foreign film of some sort that no one was interested in seeing. I began the long and quiet walk back to campus. The entire time I felt that I was being watched. I bundled my coat closer to me and walked faster. The next thing I know I felt hands grab my aarms and pin me against a brick wall. My eyes widened quickly as I tried to assess the situation. He was taller than me, dressed in a track suit but smelled very badly. Looking at his hands I knew what he was after.
"Give me your money b***h!" He screamed at me as I struggled and kicked. Finally I let out a scream and immediately I felt something hit my face and tasted blood. A loud bang rang through the night, causing the thug to drop me and ran. I looked around and found the source of the shot. Under the street light I could barely make out his features. Once he got closer, I was able to make out the gentle face and intelligent eyes.
"Miss Quinzel, are you okay?" He prodded gently as he helped me to my feet. I nodded my head and felt my surroundings shake along side. Without another word he escorted me to his car and proceeded to drive me back to campus. I got out of the car and was about to walk to my dorm when he put a hand firmly on my shoulder. I must have looked confused, because tben he pointed to my face and lip.
"Come to my office, I have a kit to fix this up." I allowed myself to be led to his office, our feet echoing in the vast hallway. He inserted a key into the lock and it turned with a click, allowing us access to his office. I took a seat in the leather chair and removed my jacket as I watched him move about his office with the grace of a dancer as he gathered up a first aid kit.
"You move like a dancer." I blurted out almost stupidly as I winced, really feeling my face starting to puff up.I heard him chuckle as he sat down in front of me and opened the kit.
"Thank you Harleen. Your face doesn't look too beat up, just a little puffy and your lip should stop bleeding very soon." He said quietly as he applied a cotton swap to my busted lip and an ice pack to my cheek. As he leaned in so close to me, I felt twinges inside of me that I hadn't felt in a long time. I let out a hiss as the cold pack touched my skin. He took his scarf, wrapped it around the ice pack and handed it back to me. 
"Sorry, I forgot about applying ice to bare skin." He said almost sheepishly as I let out a tiny chuckle and allowed myself to deeply inhale the scent of his cologne. Under the rich almost leathery scent I could pick up on something darker and more dangerous. The tingles inside of me intensified as he walked away and returned with two glasses and a small bottle. I wrinkled my nose at the scent of it. He laughed at my reaction as he poured a small sip for himself.
"I guess you don't like whiskey." He said with a half crooked smile 


© 2014 Brittni


Author's Note

Brittni
Ignore grammer and spelling, currently incomplete.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

182 Views
Added on August 16, 2012
Last Updated on November 2, 2014


Author

Brittni
Brittni

New Castle, PA



About
I'm 23 years old and I've always found the most comfort in my writing because I feel like everyday, you need a change. You feel a need to be someone different and writing is a chance to be someone els.. more..

Writing
No Surprise No Surprise

A Poem by Brittni


The First Week The First Week

A Chapter by Brittni