September 21, 2001

September 21, 2001

A Chapter by Brittni
"

Chapter number 3

"

Thursday is here yet again. I rolled over as I heard "Remedy" by Seether on the alarm radio. I reached over, smacked it, and succeeded in knocking it off my nightstand. I sat up in bed for a moment before walking over to the window and opened it. Instantly I was revived by a pleasantly chilly breeze. But it was short-lived as I felt a pair of jeans hit me in the back.

 

"You, move it. We have a nature hike for Isley in ten minutes. If we're not there we already get our first failing grade." Kristy explained to me as I tugged on the jeans, T-shirt, and a hoodie. I shoved a granola bar into my mouth as I hopped around shoving my feet into my black and white Converse All-stars. Within five minutes we were jogging up to where our small Environmental Studies class had gathered. I had been avoiding it all these years, but now it smacked me in the face and left an ugly bruise on my ego. Honestly, the last thing I wanted to do after working the last 24 hours was to ride in a cramped little van to arrive in the one little stretch of green and forresty nature that this busted up town has to offer.

 

 

 

As Professor Isley began lecturing us about plant life and how to understand their cycles, I couldn't help but think about my patients in the wings. For some reason, I think that my age may endear me more to them. Here's the thing that I have come to determine however, with teenagers they feel that they are grossly misunderstood. I know and remember that phase all too well. What's so strange is that I'm not much older then they are. Most of them get very angry though when they see me walking in with my doctors jacket. I have learned to take it off when I enter to talk to them to hopefully make them feel more comfortable.

 

 I wish that there was something to make me more comfortable as I listen to Dr. Isley explain about negative factors that affect plant life.Good thing I am able to manipulate the professors into thinking I am paying 100% attention in their classes. Well, all but Professor Crane who decided to call and confront me about my "lack of focus" in his class. In fact, it was just as I was going into the on-call room for a little rest. My phone started to buzz next to my head. I rolled my head over and answered it.

 

"Hello?" I asked with my voice slightly choked with sleep. But after a second I cleared it, knowing I didn't want to sound like a zombie.

 

"Miss Quinzel, It's Dr. Crane. Look, I have to set a rule for you. I know you're smart and that you have the utmost respect for me and what I'm teaching, but I have to treat you like the rest of the students. No special treatment, even if I am your mentor, understand Harleen?" He said in that firm yet sexy deep tone I always found myself fantasizing about late at night with him leaning over me, our bodies touching.

 

"Yes sir Dr. Crane. I understand one hundred percent." I said in a tone that made my voice a little deeper, more sexy, and less annoying. On the other end of the line, I could of sworn I heard something like a moan.

 

"Thank you, see you in class Friday." He said after a moment of silence and hung up the phone. For a moment I was wondering if he was having the same thoughts I was, but I shrugged it off. The next thing I knew I felt a strong hand grabbing my shoulder and pulling me back. I turned around and saw Kristy ready to tell me off. I looked down at the ground and saw that I almost fell down a small enbankment. Dr. Isley scorned me slightly as we finished our nature walk and piled back into our van. I knew what was coming for me: a lazy day ahead, a hot shower, and most likely sleep. YAY!!



© 2011 Brittni


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You are way past were I am at writing, I only wish I could put my stuff out there.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is so good!!! It's getting better as it goes on and I'm very excited to read more! I really do love your writing! :D

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

296 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 13, 2010
Last Updated on May 3, 2011


Author

Brittni
Brittni

New Castle, PA



About
I'm 23 years old and I've always found the most comfort in my writing because I feel like everyday, you need a change. You feel a need to be someone different and writing is a chance to be someone els.. more..

Writing
No Surprise No Surprise

A Poem by Brittni


The First Week The First Week

A Chapter by Brittni