December 13

December 13

A Chapter by Brittni

So, is this what it feels like to be on house arrest? Minus the very sexy black ankle tracker and the fact that it is under a police orders. I am on a medical leave of absence from work and school thanks to my encounter with Zasz, which to be honest is a bit of a welcome. Well, except for the more medications I am forced to swallow and the nightmares that plague my dreams. I don't remember very well what happened after Cash carried me out of the Joker's cell. In fact the next time I woke up, Kristy was sitting there. I tried to get her attention, but instead I sat there and just looked at her. She had been crying, I could only tell because her bright blue eyeliner she usually wears was smeared. Her eyes were bright red from crying and her rainbow hair was disheveled. While she usually dresses in something chic and sexy, she was wearing a rumpled up pair of grey sweatpants and I couldn't help but notice that she was wearing my Gotham City High School Gymnastic Team. The bright pink one with the black and white lettering, that the sleeves were ratty and the collar was torn out. I smiled, but it may have looked more like a grimance.

 

"What have I told you about going through my clothes?" I tried to muster a stern tone, but to no avail. Her head jerked in my direction and in one fast forward motion her arms were around me and she was kissing my forehead while crying again.

 

"Kristy, let her go. She needs to breathe." Johnathans voice sounded behind Kristys colorful mop. I looked at him and I could tell he was just as relieved as Kristy was. I looked down at my body and noticed that my lab jacket and my blouse was removed, only to be wearing bandages around my arms and a tanktop.

 

"There was no determined major organ or nerve damage. You do have to take it easy. I'll be by to check on you." He leaned forward and kissed me swiftly. Without another word he walked out of the apartment. I turned back to Kristy and was about to ask her what had happened when she disappeared out of the room. She came back a few minutes later with peroxide, cotton and clean bandages.

 

"Don't worry, they showed me how to check and clean your wounds. He could have killed you, I'm so grateful he didn't. Crane told me the Joker rescued you." I let out a small hiss as she dabbed a piece of peroxide soaked cotton onto a wound on my hip. I bit my lip, not only in slight pain but in hesitation.

 

"I think so. I remember him saying to one of the guards,"Me? Why would I rescue a quack?" It was Officer Cash who brought me out of the room. What happened from there?" I asked Kristy as she let out a breath and rewrapped my hip wound.

 

"You were brought directly to the hospital. Crane and Montgomery both called me. I pretty much broke all traffic laws to get there. I also talked to your mom. She was INSISTING that you came home but I worked her over. She is only letting you stay as long as I supervise you." Kristy said with a laugh as I sat up and tried to walk around. Sure enough my first few steps were unsteady, but I got a grip on reality.

 

"Thanks Kris. God, I don't know what I would do without you." I told her with a wide smile as I walked into the kitchen, for some unknown reason starving. A few minutes later I had made a yummy dinner for Kristy and I of microwave mac and cheese, pizzas, cookies, and Mikes Hard Iced Tea. This is self medicating at it's finest. Till I pick up the pen again dear friend.



© 2012 Brittni


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i like this chapter,but it seems cane is really cold. i wonder what is next.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

217 Views
1 Review
Added on May 23, 2012
Last Updated on May 23, 2012


Author

Brittni
Brittni

New Castle, PA



About
I'm 23 years old and I've always found the most comfort in my writing because I feel like everyday, you need a change. You feel a need to be someone different and writing is a chance to be someone els.. more..

Writing
No Surprise No Surprise

A Poem by Brittni


The First Week The First Week

A Chapter by Brittni