October 4, 2001

October 4, 2001

A Chapter by Brittni
"

entry 7

"

The middle of the week. Wednesday. Back in class. This morning in the greenhouse with Dr. Isley and another small group of seniors at 9:30 in the morning. Not to mention, I'm exhausted yet again since I was staying with Jonathan more and more this week. His wife, Mara, was still out of town, it turns out that her sister was about to have a baby. Ever since Friday night and that meeting with Bruce Wayne Jonathan hasn't really been acting like himself, at least to me. I got so concerned that I went to talk to Dr. Isley when class was finally dismissed two hours later after learning about toxins and venoms from a group of South American plants.

 

"Dr. Isley, can I speak to you about something?" I asked shyly as I heard her sigh and rub her eyes from behind her glasses. "She was a very pretty woman" I realized as I continued to look at her dark red hair, which was so full and healthy and her unusual green eyes which were full of life and intelligent.

 

"What can I help you with Miss Quinzel?" Dr Isley asked as she poured some water into a plant which looked similiar to a dark purple rose that had an orange iris. I started at the flower for a moment and I could honestly say that it looked like it was almost human-like. I continued to stare and I finally jerked myself back to the matter at hand.

 

"Well, it's Dr. Crane. He doesn't seem like himself this week and I was hoping that he was ok." I said very carefully choosing my words, trying not to let her know that I had an idea about what happened. She turned to look at me almost suspisciously as she turned and walked out of the greenhouse with me in tow.

 

"I believe everything seems to be ok. Why would you think that something was off?" She asked me as we re-entered the building, her green heels making a clicking noise on the marble floors.

 

"Well, I have had him for class the last two days and just in his tone and the way he's conducting himself, he seems almost tired, and something is bothering him." I explained as she stuck her key into her office and turned it, unlocking her office.

 

"I'll look into it. Have a nice day Miss Quinzel." She said as she dismissed me and almost shut the door in my face. I stood there for another second as I turned and walked back to my dorm. The entire time I walked my mind was mulling over information in my head, still the same thing that I heard Bruce Wayne say to Jonathan that night at Maronis. I opened my door and threw my bag onto the floor. I walked around the small dorm for a moment before grabbing a bottle of water and returning to my bed, where my laptop had set. I shrugged my shoulders, opened in and began to search through the local archives. After a few mindless moments I typed the name "Jonathan Crane" into the search engine and a list of articles popped up, mostly were about his accomplishments as a brilliant professor. I shurgged my shoulders and was about to close it off when I saw the headline for this article written almost ten years ago.

 

SCARECROW RELEASED FROM ARKHAM!

 

"Former professor Jonathan Crane, better known to the people of Gotham as The Scarecrow, is being released from Arkham Asylum for thr Criminally Insane today after serving five years of what was originally a ten year term."

 

The article continued, but my eyes blurred with tears. It all finally made sense to me now. Bruce Wayne must have helped him to become reaquainted with civilization. I mean, what other man to help function in society other then the one and only Bruce Wayne? He must have also used his pull to get Jonathan a teaching job at GCU. I'm in love with a former patient who now represents everything I want to be and everything that I want to help stand for. I shut my laptop as I laid on my bed and cuddled with a teddy bear that he had bought me on our first date. I began to cry very softly at first and eventually became sobs and crocodile tears. My heart was in shreds now and remained as such even after I had fallen asleep with visions in that the headline danced around my head with Jonathan and his "Scarecrow" joined them. Oh God, why now?



© 2011 Brittni


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I wish I'd known you added more to your story, I would have commented sooner, lol! This part was very surprising, but I liked it. You're a very good writer, sweetie. I shall read on. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Your way to good

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like it, I'm enjoying reading your story

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
3 Reviews
Added on September 26, 2010
Last Updated on May 11, 2011


Author

Brittni
Brittni

New Castle, PA



About
I'm 23 years old and I've always found the most comfort in my writing because I feel like everyday, you need a change. You feel a need to be someone different and writing is a chance to be someone els.. more..

Writing
No Surprise No Surprise

A Poem by Brittni


The First Week The First Week

A Chapter by Brittni