October 31

October 31

A Chapter by Brittni
"

Part 2 of chapter 13.

"

9:49 am. It's too early! Why am I awake? Then again, I'm not surprised. Jonathan still isn't back yet from where it was he was going. The thought of being alone here now scares me, especially after what happened two hours earlier. I haven't had an episode that real for a very long time, maybe even Jr. High when my dad was arrested for his first insurance fraud.

 

"Wow, you're seriously pathetic." I said out loud to myself and laughing, Here you are, more worried about illusions and your imagination when you're laying in the bed of a married man." I said as I continued to laugh out loud and this time it was growing more hysterical. Suddenly I stopped, it was similiar to a radio being quickly shut off in the middle of a song. I went into the kitchen and decided to make a small pot of coffee and some breakfast just in case he decided to walk in. About fifteen minutes later, he was stumbling in his coat gone and his clothing was torn. I looked up at him from the table as he stumbled forward. I ran over to him and helped him to the table where he sat down.

 

"Oh my God, Jonathan what happened to you?" I asked as I tried to get a closer look at his wounds. He put a finger to my lips to calm me.

 

"Just get some warm water, cotten, and peroxide. I'm fine, I just got jumped. They didn't get far though." He explained as I manuevered my way around the kitchen for the first aid supplies.

 

"But how did you manage to get away? Did they take your car?" I asked as I began to wash out the cuts on his face with the warm water. His brown eyes, which were practically swollen shut, looked up at me and caressed my cheeks.

 

"I had a friend help me. The Batman was able to pull me away from the gang and get me into my car." Jonathan explained simply as I dabbed peroxide and listened to him hiss. I look down at him and tried to determine if he was lying to me. I shrugged my shoulders as I slid a plate of eggs, bacon, toast, and coffee in front of him while I walk to the other side of the bar with my own breakfast of fruit, toast, and orange juice. I sat in front of him as he ate ravenously from the plate, barely pausing to take a sip of juice. Finally after fifteen minutes of silence, I opened my mouth again.

 

"Jonathan, where did you go last night? I mean it's not like you to run off and then tell me to lock the apartment. I mean, this is one of the safest places in Gotham." I explained as I sipped my coffee. I watched him shuffle uncomfortably and sighed, because I knew he was going to try and spare my feelings. I just rolled my eyes for the first time in a really long time.

 

"You know what? If you don't want to tell me it's fine. This is what I get for trying to help you!" I yelled as I stormed out fo the kitchen and into his library, where I find the most comfort. Once I shut the door I leaned against it and took some very deep breathes realizing how badly I may have hurt him. He would tell me about all the fights between him and his wife. I sighed again as I heard footsteps and him sliding down the doorway onto the floor. I automatically knew what he was doing.

 

"You have no right to tell me that you love me like this and not trust me with anything in your life." I said and was silent waiting for him to say something. Through the door I heard him sigh and for some reason, I knew he was rubbing his temples. He usually did this when I was being difficult.

 

"I know it's not fair and I want you to believe that I'm going to make it up to you. But, you have to wait for me and let me open slowly. If you love me the way you say you do, you have to respect my limits. Understood?"  He said in his firmest yet most gentle voice. I finally opened the door and crawled into his arms. He held me while we sat on the floor and he brushed my hair. After some time he whispered.

 

"You have your first patients on Monday. He's a friend of mine. Consider this as a pre-internship." I held him tighter, trying hard to control my happiness. FINALLY I GET A CHANCE!!



© 2011 Brittni


Author's Note

Brittni
Made some tiny changes, thanks to Sarah M!!!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

"Here I am more worried about illusions and your imagination when you're laying in the bed of a married man." This is a little confusing. Do you mean for her to say "Here you are" instead?

"while I slide across with my own breakfast." I'm not sure what you mean here.

"About fifteen minutes later, he was stumbling in." I think the start of this sentence should be split into a new paragraph since it doesn't seem to flow well with the paragraph it's in. Or you could word it differently so it would fit better.

This was a great chapter, and I can't wait to find out who her patient is going to be. I have an idea who it is, but I have a feeling you're going to prove me wrong. ;)

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

317 Views
1 Review
Added on December 17, 2010
Last Updated on March 18, 2011


Author

Brittni
Brittni

New Castle, PA



About
I'm 23 years old and I've always found the most comfort in my writing because I feel like everyday, you need a change. You feel a need to be someone different and writing is a chance to be someone els.. more..

Writing
No Surprise No Surprise

A Poem by Brittni


The First Week The First Week

A Chapter by Brittni