December 4

December 4

A Chapter by Brittni

IT finally happened. That one moment where you feel your heart turn into ice and sink the whole way to your stomach to shatter into a million pieces...Johnathan asked me to marry him. It was the next morning after he had surprised me with the candles and romantic night. I woke up early the next morning to go to the bathroom. When I bent over the sink to wash my hands, I stopped cold. There is was on my finger, a 1987 GCU class ring designed with the class colors. I must have been there for awhile because he came to the bathroom and stood in the doorway. I stood up straight and sighed, trying with all my might to get my thoughts together in this crazy train of love.

 

"What about Mara?" I turn and asked him, waiting for a reply. All he did was shake his head and walk to the kitchen where I was greeted with the scents of turkey bacon and black coffee. We didn't say anything as we made our plates, sat down and began to eat. I twirled my finger around the rim of the coffee cup, debating on if I should bring it up again.

 

"She doesn't know yet. There are things about me I could never ask her to accept, even after all these years. You took it all in and kept it in stride. You weren't afraid so to speak." Johnathan then became uncomfortable.

 

"In your eyes, I would not be afraid of the monster that you were, or maybe become yet again." I said quietly taking a sip of coffee. Ever since we had discussed his stint as "Scarecrow" there was always the underlying possibily that he can take off and become like that again.

 

"I can't make promises, but I will do my best to keep you safe from that world. Even if it means.." He hesitated to say, knowing my reaction all too well. I already knew what was coming, so I said in a tired voice.

 

"You are not going to ban me from Arkham Johnathan. That's where I want to go, it's where I belong." I stressed as he rubbed his tired eyes as he cleared our plates from the table and washed them. When he was done, he turned back to stare at me.

 

"You really have your heart set on this. I'll call Dr. Leland this week, so that way we can tour through." Relief washed through my body as I went to him and held his hands.

 

"I love you Dr. Crane." I whispered to his ear as he picked me up and held me in his arms before we went to shower. When he kicked the door open and turned on the water, he pulled me into his arms and kissed me.

 

"I love you too, Mrs. Crane."



© 2012 Brittni


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Still amazing chapter, can't wait to see the joker gone into play lol

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

237 Views
1 Review
Added on April 20, 2012
Last Updated on April 20, 2012


Author

Brittni
Brittni

New Castle, PA



About
I'm 23 years old and I've always found the most comfort in my writing because I feel like everyday, you need a change. You feel a need to be someone different and writing is a chance to be someone els.. more..

Writing
No Surprise No Surprise

A Poem by Brittni


The First Week The First Week

A Chapter by Brittni