College(senior Year 2001-2002, entry 2)

College(senior Year 2001-2002, entry 2)

A Chapter by Brittni
"

second entry of the diary

"

BUZZ BUZZ BUZZ!!!!. Great way to wake up for the first day of class.....no not really. But to be honest, this is the first time I woke up at a normal time(and I mean normal for a college girl) in three months, despite the 24 hour psychiatric shifts at Gotham General Hospital which left me jittery and sleeping only a couple hours every other day. I rolled out of bed, showered, and dried my hair. The entire time I was thinking again if I made the right career choice.

 

"it's what I want to do" I thought to myself as I brushed my hair. I have come a long way since my internship there two years ago and finally being hired into the system in late May. It definately wasn't an easy task. In fact, it was easier to create a perfect floor routine at times then dealing with patients. However, one of the things Dr. Crane taught me was that in order to better understand a patient, you have to put yourself in their shoes.

 

I walked down into our makeshift kitchen where Kristy was attempting at making pancakes, but only succeeded in sounding off the smoke detector. Once that mess had cleared out, I walked outside into the warm sunshine of the September morning and proceeded to my first and only class. No surprise, it was with Dr. Crane.  

 

I couldn't have been happier when I found out that Dr. Crane would not only be my leading professor, but my mentor in this long and bizarre journey. In fact, he smiled and nodded his head to me when I walked in the room. I'm surprised with his quite lenient manner towards me, almost like he knows my true potential and thinks that me taking this class could be considered a joke and it amuses him. In fact, I'm sitting in his advanced Psych and Phobia class pretending to take notes.

 

I have never met a man as intelligent as Professor Jonathan Crane, nor as charming. But, none of these other airheads are as appreciative as I am to be learning from such an intelligent man. They are all buzzed about our guest speaker in two weeks, names Harvey Dent I believe. To my knowledge, he'll be giving us some sort of prep talk for all the good we are doing for Gotham. Please. We would be doing much better if we wouldn't have had such a corrupt police force. I do have to give them a shred of credit though. Someone had enough brains to catch my father, renowned con artist in the city. Thanks to him though, we don't have many friends. My poor mom, I think about her as often as I can, even though she's not thrilled about my career choice. I feel bad for her, stuck in the house taking care of my loser big brother and his two darling children. Pity it is. Mom is a wonderful person, heart of gold and she was just as fair as the nights were black.

 

"Miss Quinn, anything you would care to share with the class?"  Professor Crane called up to me and the rest of the students also turned to stare, some of them giggling smugly. I pull my own lips into a smile as I shook my hair back from my shoulders.

 

"Just thinking about how you were trying to arrange a trip to Arkham for us, Professor. You know, for the top students in your class who want to go far in this profession." I explained with a slight bit of harshness in my voice. At my tone, some of my fellow classmates recoiled and turned back to the front. Dr. Crane ran his fingers through his hair as he shook his head.

 

"Arkham is a dangerous place. Much more so then the the suicidal teens you get on the psych ward Miss Quinn. I suggest you pay more attention in my class before you even consider thinking about Arkham again." He scorned as he turned back to the board and began to scribble some important notes on the board about next class.. I guess I have to think of a way to convince him to at least take me to the place where I know I will excel at. Wonder how much more extreme they can be in Arkham??



© 2011 Brittni


Author's Note

Brittni
I apologize for the length, dear reader. Will be divided up soon (4/28/11)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

found what I wanted to say muahahaha...

Her behavior should be taking shape and pattern should be forming.....Which you have started and maybe I am getting ahead of myself in the story...which is highly possible....but I want the more interpersonal feelings...

I hope i am being helpful and not just some jackass

Posted 13 Years Ago


I am nut for details. I love to know every little thing, and as personal as this Diary is....could it be more personal...could she be crushing a bit on Crane.....and again I know I am being Vague...and i apologize but what you have is great....guess i just want a little more...

Posted 13 Years Ago


Matthew: again I always appreciate your reviews and critiques...I'm not quite sure though on how to expand her thoughts right here in this environment, at least not yet. Any more advice would be appreciated as well.

Posted 13 Years Ago


And so her corruption begins, and the persona starts to take shape. I love the idea, I love the set up, I just think you need to expand the thoughts. But that being said, i think this is going to be epic.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love this and I can't wait for more! You're making me fall in love with your character and empathize with her. Definitely a good thing. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


You are an amazing writer!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

409 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 6, 2010
Last Updated on April 29, 2011


Author

Brittni
Brittni

New Castle, PA



About
I'm 23 years old and I've always found the most comfort in my writing because I feel like everyday, you need a change. You feel a need to be someone different and writing is a chance to be someone els.. more..

Writing
No Surprise No Surprise

A Poem by Brittni


The First Week The First Week

A Chapter by Brittni