College(Senior year 2001-2002)

College(Senior year 2001-2002)

A Chapter by Brittni
"

Harleys final year of college, attainment of diploma and job searching. How did she come to Arkham?

"

Senior year all over again. Except this time instead of high school, it's college. So, why am I not excited? Is it because I know what to already expect? Is it because I already know that I will succeed and not have to worry about any other accomplishment for the year? Oh well. So Instead of my unpacking yet again and getting reaquainted with classmates from the past year, I decided to go to the gym and work out some more. It was my drug that got me through high school and college. When most people were cramming their faces and studying, I worked out. IT also helped me to avoid the dreaded "Freshman Fifteen" , the constantly encountered "Sophomore Slump" and the more rare "Junior Jump." But now, as I sit here in the empty gym, the balance beam staring at me I wonder yet again if I made the right decision to give up my gymnastic scholarship for the job of a psychologist. To be honest, in high school I knew I was easily attracted to extreme personalities although I didn't think it would sneek back up on me and lead me to a career change in the middle of my freshman year. People have always said that you're guarnteed to change your major at least once. I am excited though because of all I've learned, especially from Dr. Crane. Other than his bizarre behavior, the man is a true genius and I hope he will continue to mentor me as I graduate onto bigger and better things. While I love what I do now, I will never lose my heart in my fitness and my gymnastics. This is the last step I have to encounter. There should be no more doubt now. Within nine months time, I'll be out in the world, degree and all.

 

As I sit here though a few hours later in my FINALLY unpacked room waiting for Kristy to get here that friendly feeling that I like to call "self-doubt" turn her ugly face my way as it disappeared into the dark doorway of the bathroom. I walked to the mirror in the bathroom and stated for a very long time. I saw my reflection curl her plump red lips into a smile as she stared at me

 

"I see that you're back again. It wasn't too long. What happened this time? Daddy back in jail for good? Brother still a lazy bum? Or did Mommy tell you yet again that you are doing a lousy job playing superhero?" I blinked my eyes and finally answered after I was able to control myself.

 

"I'm fine. As you can see, I've gotten rid of you and now i'm on my way to the top and there's nothing stopping me now." I told her as she just laughed, a sexy,hearty and yet an evil laugh. "So why have you let me back? You can't do this. I know you can't so why are you bothering? You are going to crash and burn yet again. You probably can't even do a full bar routine anymore." she said to me as I looked down, fearful that this side of me was right. I felt myself shaking again as my breathing grew heavier. I quickly reached into my bag and swallowed the only bit of relief I could find. Instantly the shaking stopped, my breathing was normal and the self doubt that was raging in my face dissappeared only to be replaced with my sweat glistened one. I wiped myself off just as I heard Kristy walk in. Onto salvation my dear friend, onto salvation.



© 2010 Brittni


Author's Note

Brittni
Honesty please, keep it clean. I have gotten some feedback on length, so hopefully this makes it better(11/14/2010)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great.

Only thing I can tell you is to expand more. I understand that these are suppose to be journal entries, but talk about her daily life too...the things that seem boring, and show her flair and personality.

Regards,

Matthew

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a great story and you word everything so well. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a great story so far, it's amazing!

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

352 Views
3 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 5, 2010
Last Updated on December 13, 2010


Author

Brittni
Brittni

New Castle, PA



About
I'm 23 years old and I've always found the most comfort in my writing because I feel like everyday, you need a change. You feel a need to be someone different and writing is a chance to be someone els.. more..

Writing
No Surprise No Surprise

A Poem by Brittni


The First Week The First Week

A Chapter by Brittni