September 27, 2001

September 27, 2001

A Chapter by Brittni
"

Entry number 5

"

It's Saturday, and that means a day off from the madness!!! For the first week of school, I could not have been happier. It felt like I had crossed the finish line at the end of a race. However, instead of relaxing and being lazy, I found myself doing laundry and getting all my assignments done. Good thing since I never participate in any campus activity. I'm fairly glad that Jonathan, oops, I mean Dr. Crane, told me that any extracirricular activities I'd participate in would take away from my work as I need the time to "focus". heh heh.

 

Anyway I went after class yesterday to check on Sammy and to get my schedule for next week. Unfortunately Dr. Montogomery didn't keep true to his word as I was working 2 straight days and three twelve hour shifts in between. He was, however, kind enough to give me breaks in between to go to class. Hmmmm, I'm going to have to persue Jonathan again on me working one week for cinical hours and then working on classwork the next week. Hopefully my ways of persuasion work yet again to my advantage. I don't mind the work because even for a student it's really good money, but I just don't think that this will be the year that I can do it.

 

 Anyway, I walked into Sammys room and smiled when I saw him look up from a graphic novel he was reading. He seemed more comfortable roday, almost happier then he was when I first met him. He turned those beautiful green eyes to me and gave me a huge grin, almost like he was surprised to see me there in my street clothes. I don't think he was used to seeing a doctor in torn jeans, a hoodie, and Converse(which were finally dry).

 

"Hey Harl, what's going on?" He asked me politely as I took a seat in my usual spot. I began to feel more at ease with him. I was able to see a little bit of myself in him just because there were things he did that seemed like things I did myself which ranged from blowing my bangs out of my eyes to his eyes even glittering when he was curious. I found a way to push that out of my brain as we began to talk.

 

"This is an off the record session. What we talk about will, of course, not be discussed when I leave the room and you can trust in me that no one will know anything else about what goes on outside of our room." I explained as he nodded his head and looked at me suspisciously. I realized that my tone wasn't mine. It was serious, and to tell you the truth VERY dull.

 

"I'm sorry Sammy, I didn't mean to sound like them. Just a lack of sleep and I blurred the lines for a moment. But, I heard that you are going to be leaving us tomorrow." I said to him as I sat back in the chair and looked at him over my glasses. He studied me for another minute but then shook it off as he shut his graphic novel and laid it in his lap, but his hand still covering the title.

 

"Yea, Denise said that her and Myra missed having me around the house." He explained as I tilted my head. I must have had a look on my face that expressed confusion as I heard him laugh. It was actually a sound that I had enjoyed. It was spontanious and joyful.

 

"Myra is Denise's seven year old daughter. Her husband Ron is usually gone five of the seven days. He has some sort of CEO job working for some major plastics plant on the outskirts of town." He explained as I nodded my head in memory of a name I heard my father mention several times before in my own young life. Of course this was before all the lies and scamming of our friends and neighbors. 

 

"But yea, they are all coming tomorrow. Maybe if you're here you can meet them." He said sweetly as I couldn't help but blush. After a few moments I realized this kid was trying to possibly flirt with me. Cute really, and daring but I'm too far out of reach. Instead I smiled again and chuckled sweetly.

 

"That's very sweet Sammy. But, what are you reading?" I asked as I tried to look to get a glimpse of it myself.

 

"V For Vendetta. About a guy who tries to upset a futuristic government. Pretty cool." Sammy said as he handed me the book. I look at it slightly confused but he then went on.

 

"I have it already, so you can have this copy. I know as a quack in training you must not have alot of time for fun, but as a way of saying thanks for not seeing me as just another kid." He said as I went and gave him a gentle hug.

 

"You're going to do great things with your life Sammy, I know it." I said as I slowly opened my eyes and peered around in the dark candlelight of Jonathans room. It had taken me a moment to remember where I was, but all it took was the brush of his hair against my shoulder to bring me back to reality.

 

"Who's Sammy?" Jonathan asked me as he rolled over and brushed my bangs out of my eyes. I smiled as I sat up agianst the headboard and watched him light a cigarette. I leaned over to him as I kissed his cheek.

 

"No one really, just one of my darling patients is all. Now, about Arkham, are you able to take me there or not?" I asked as he blew out a small puff of smoke and nodded.

 

"Fine, I'll set up an appointment with Dr. Joan Leland first thing during your next class week." He said finally giving in. I let out a squeal as I began to kiss him again and our bodies got entangled in the mass of dark blue sheets that his wife had picked out the other day.

 

"I promise Jonathan, you won't regret this decision." I whisper as my eyes slowly shut and my brain began to drown in a feeling of euphoria.



© 2011 Brittni


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great new addition! I really like the twists your story takes and I can't wait to read more! :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are so great at writing harley!! i love the twist, but where's Mr. J?? :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

358 Views
2 Reviews
Added on September 15, 2010
Last Updated on May 6, 2011


Author

Brittni
Brittni

New Castle, PA



About
I'm 23 years old and I've always found the most comfort in my writing because I feel like everyday, you need a change. You feel a need to be someone different and writing is a chance to be someone els.. more..

Writing
No Surprise No Surprise

A Poem by Brittni


The First Week The First Week

A Chapter by Brittni