One in the chamber

One in the chamber

A Chapter by Dani The Unreviewed
"

Eh...not worth the effort.

"
I see him,
Looking back,
Through the glass.
My worst enemy
Looking back at me.
In the mirror he stand,
A gun in his hand.
Raise it to my head.
Load one in the chamber,
Lethal as cancer,
With this, my life he'll cancel.
One bang,
And my body in a bag.
My happy self dead,
Now i'm only a shadow
Of what i was.
Dead.


© 2016 Dani The Unreviewed


Author's Note

Dani The Unreviewed
Eh...whatevs.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Yeah I've been there. I've actually attempted suicide many times but clearly it's never worked. I even fail and killing myself lol. I've never tried a gun though. I'm afraid of actually succeeding in ending my life. I've never been afraid of death itself, just what's after death. The unknown. Not knowing what happens to me when I die is really scary to me. I don't want to die even though I know it is inevitable. Well, I don't want to die anymore... I used to. I've been able to get a little better, but I still have those moments once in a while. You can come to me whenever you need a friend, I promise. I'll save you :) So sad but such a lovely write. You make writing look easy.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Dani The Unreviewed

8 Years Ago

Well thank you :) i believe...well sometimes i consider possibilities... But mostly i end up at thin.. read more
Howdy ... And hello ... And all that hoopla we go through in introducing ourselves to those we do not know, nor are we likely to meet ... Life is not kind ... Nor does it have a mind to be ... In fact ... Life is mindless ... Kind-less ... Uncaring and thoughtless ... As to what we want, or what we care about ... Why so? ... Why is life so unkind, is our lament, our woe? ... We have all felt this way at one time or another, and yet it is life that has set our hearts to beating ... Life has done all it is required to do for us ... The rest, the rest of our lives, is solely up to us, and it is our responsibility make our lives the very best that we can ... Big words from me that make it sound like I don't have clue what you go through, huh? ... Yet, I spent a major part of my life toying with suicidal ideations, planning, plotting, and conniving against that man in the mirror that is none other than me ... Then ... A realization ... I am ... I am not only my only true enemy ... I am my worst enemy ... If I could be just make peace with me, then life becomes not quite so bad, most days ... Not all days ... Reality is, once dead, you/me are dead for a very long time ... There is no heaven ... No hell ... Just that cold, cold ground to lie in, while others face up to day to day problems and live their lives to the fullest for as long as they can ... Sept 27, 2012, I lost someone I loved dearly to suicide ... She was the sweetest girl I've ever known ... Had she a clue today just how long she would be dead ... She would not have done it, shortly after I saw her last that night ... Had she a clue how it destroyed her family ... Her dad has not been sober a day since, nor has the man possessed the withal to work ... He is as dead as if she had put a bullet in his head ... She should have ... Rather than butcher him in hanging herself ... And her brother? ... I would say he is doing drugs, but he is not ... Drugs are now doing him, as he waits for death to come for him, so that he can be with her, for they were as close as brother and sister can be ... Or so he thought ... And me ... My life will never be the same ... I have many dark poems on this site that speaks of all the days and nights I wished to be dead in her place, seeking death daily ... Until I realized that someone had to shout the message that suicide is a LIE ... Someone must keep her memory alive ... All she did wrong, really, was to make a mistake that changed lives forever, in that she's been in the ground almost three years now, and her family and I are still not over it ... So write your dark words ... Get the feelings out ... And get on with living while you are alive to do it ... This man hears the pain lurking within the lines you write ... Suicide is nobody's solution ...

Posted 8 Years Ago


Workvio

8 Years Ago

I believe in a Creator of all that is and will ever be, but organized religion has twisted His exist.. read more
Dani The Unreviewed

8 Years Ago

I guess that IF something exist out there.... Then it can go and f**k itself. Thats what i think abo.. read more
Workvio

8 Years Ago

Understandably so ...
Wow, this is bleak stuff, written well. I'd pluralise 'stand', the commitment made to enforcing a rhyme there is a little jarring. You'd still have assonance there, which honestly would be better given that the rhyme structure is erratic anyway. Your figurative speech is good, I'm particularly fond of your allusion to life being 'cancelled'. At times some of it can be quite conventional though, taking away from the impact the piece could have.
In all cases the pen is mightier than the sword--even in matters of suicide. I like this piece, but only because I do not see it as a creative end, but a beginning. I sincerely hope you continue to explore yourself through writing and find yourself in a better place.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Dani The Unreviewed

8 Years Ago

Thank you for reading and reviewing.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
B
Good job there
Powerful piece about dying

i can picture it

You got imagination my friend

Posted 8 Years Ago


Well yes you do travel either the dark side or very near the edge. Be careful of the blade as you ride along it's edge. I have been able to stay in a comfortable place on that edge and it goes dark, but not a mirror image of my own self destruct.

I hope if it is that dark you have someone to share with. This is a good place to let go of some of your pain with your words. But since you have a way with words, we would like you to stay around an share more.

Now if your dark place is just a playground like mine seems to become. No worry, write some more dark. I LIKE IT. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Dani The Unreviewed

8 Years Ago

Yeah...this is not just my imagination. Life went so evil that i wish it would end. Thanks.
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
613
I feel like I should report you to someone who isn't on this website. Like maybe the police…? Every other word you write is that you want to kill yourself. Maybe they'll be able to track down your location & stop you before you do anything rash. I don't know how else to help you because it's apparent you're refusing to help yourself. Threatening suicide is quite the scary thing. If you're serious about harming yourself than calling someone who can help you might be the best thing. However, if you're using some sort of emotional extortion tactic to gain followers on your page or just for attention, shame on you. Suicide is nothing to joke around about. I hope you're doing neither of the two because they'd both be terrible. Find something to keep you grounded. Look for the positive in life. If you say there isn't anything positive, then it's YOU who is getting in the way of yourself. You can be happy & content. You can!

- Brittney

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Dani The Unreviewed

8 Years Ago

And you seriously believe they will do any good? yeah right.
Dani The Unreviewed

8 Years Ago

And no. I can't be positive. Right now there is little that is positive to me. And this review is on.. read more
613

8 Years Ago

Well I don't know what to tell you then. I suggest seeing a therapist. You need help. I hope you fin.. read more
I don't want to say that this is amazing, because there is absolutely nothing amazing about feeling like that. But from a writing point of view...this is pretty amazing.

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Dani The Unreviewed

8 Years Ago

Thank you.
613

8 Years Ago

I agree with luvs2write.
Dani The Unreviewed

8 Years Ago

Okay..................
sometimes I think death would suck because we don't really know anything about it...
I mean unless we're religious/spiritual

like I'm a Christian so I believe in heaven

but its just that maybe its better to be alive than to enter death, which is just this big ''unknown'' ya know

that's how I always think of it...

anyway

Posted 8 Years Ago


closed

8 Years Ago

maybe...
but you have to understand the Bible I guess to know the answer

but I.. read more
Dani The Unreviewed

8 Years Ago

Maybe...but i can't live without him. There is no point.
Dani The Unreviewed

8 Years Ago

I'll be alive and yet i'll be dead. I'm like a zombie.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

945 Views
9 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 3, 2015
Last Updated on January 8, 2016
Tags: Fuck life

Dark poems


Author

Dani The Unreviewed
Dani The Unreviewed

Tankcsapda, Agyarország, Germany



About
Hello, I am Polarr. Your 12-year-old writer from the other standpoint of the world. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Love 2 Love 2

A Poem by Ov3R_sKiLl3D