OUR TIME (Couplets)

OUR TIME (Couplets)

A Chapter by Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
"

every moment

"



And so I looked at the sands of time
I saw every bit of sand falling down

Every bit that fell was my every tear
Each moment in time that you're not here

Our time was short and I can't resist
To plea and beg let me feel the bliss

I hoped for the nights that I closed my eyes
Because in my dreams I can see you smile

I wear my mask within each day
Showing my smile though you're gone away

Oh, our time, this time isn't ours for real
Wishing forever will I stand still?

 



© 2014 Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)


Author's Note

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)


Music: Life's An Hourglass
Photo credit: Google images


Couplet. This type of poem is two lines which may be rhymed or unrhymed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

When we are waiting for someone, we ask time to fly fast but when we are already with our loved ones we pray that time will freeze. So fickle-minded, aren't we? No wonder, time never listen to our pleas. =).
I guess, we learn how to seize the moment for we never know what comes ahead.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the visit Gab. =)



Reviews

I have been reading your piece for half an hour. Wandering and wondering LOL :)
We can recycle almost anything now with the exception of TIME. Once its wasted its wasted we cant go back to reclaim it. A very strong image you portrayed here. Very sorrowful and almost lamenting for something that was or has been lost forever. Why be so sad and sorrowful that way ? Why spend and waste such precious TIME crying and mourning over spilled milk ? But don't we all mourned for every pain and heartache and heartbreak inflicted. Should it be forever ? only TIME could tell ...

Do we know how much time allotted for an average human being ? According to the Bible is around 70 years old... if we're healthy and good custodian of our body perhaps 80 years. We don't factor nor fathom this when we were in our early twenties and thirties but ask anyone who reached or hit past forties . TIME is now very very short. We finally come into terms with our mortality. There's not really that much time to live and enjoy for God has purposely and providentially shortened man's life here on earth.

Please allow me to give you a glimpse of eternity compared to the reality of the present TIME and world we live in. Suppose a tiny Sparrow could fly non stop from New York city down to the beautiful beaches of the Philippines. . The Sparrow fly there non stop and pick one single grain of sand and take and fly it back to New York city non stop and drop the single grain of sand . The Sparrow's roundtrip flight took him a year and go back again and again and again until he emptied all the single grains of sands in every Phillipine beaches. Factored that time and we only consumed but a mere fraction of ETERNITY.

Why waste TIME or pursue something that will not last ? or has no ETERNAL merit and value.?


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

I've got your point, brother... but we have individual differences. We have our own strengths and we.. read more
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

*I love it when I read something remarkable like this, unlike before that each review is so challeng.. read more
It rushes through so quickly, and there are never enough grains of time with the one we love... This is a lovely write, Dhaye!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Rita.
When we are waiting for someone, we ask time to fly fast but when we are already with our loved ones we pray that time will freeze. So fickle-minded, aren't we? No wonder, time never listen to our pleas. =).
I guess, we learn how to seize the moment for we never know what comes ahead.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the visit Gab. =)
Many deep emotions at work here. You bring a true sense of these feelings to written word. Well done. :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Ray. :)
There are time we have to wear the mask of a smile to hide from the world what our true emotions are. It is not easy when the one you long to be with is far away and time does stand still when one is waiting. Einstein was right....everything is relative. The romantic longing and emotional pain is well expressed in this one. Lydi**

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thank you for dropping by again on this page, Lydi. I really appreciate your presence here. =)
Time goes so quickly when we're with the ones we love, and seems to stand frozen in time when we yearn for their return. Well said Dhaye!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Always a pleasure Dhaye.
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

Love the music too by the way.............
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks. I love it, too. =)
You make me think. But wld we really ever want to be frozen in time? We get stale so quickly. Even being stuck in a state of bliss might weary us after a thousand years or so. But it wld be lovely to be a time lord and have the chance to find out.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, Orlando.
You have captured time in your hourglass and the feeling of it in your words, it is interesting to write about as it is only a concept and may not exist. If time stood still where would we be?

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks a lot, Leigh.
Moments fall in the hour glass of life . The glass can be half full or half empty. I like the metaphor you are going with here. Splendid...:).................

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks you, Sami.
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are welcome muchly...:)................

2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1324 Views
21 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on January 20, 2014
Last Updated on April 27, 2014
Tags: moment, time, hour, day, week, month, year, forever

BREATHING THOUGHTS Vol. 1


Author

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

Philippines



About
Hello! I am Dhaye, a public secondary school teacher, a passionate artist "married" to her dream. I write in different perspectives. So please know NOT all my works are about me. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..