Chapter 41 - Jolie!

Chapter 41 - Jolie!

A Chapter by emma

-Andrea-

 

 

It would be an understatement if I said I was shocked when Chase burst into the room Jolie and I were still sitting in.

 

Andrea!” he screamed and ran up to me.

 

I barely had time to stand before he was yanking me into his arms and squeezing me to his chest. I didn’t do anything for a moment, frozen in surprise, but decided to hug him back eventually. He felt like home. And, oh, the memories that flooded back. But I didn’t dwell on them and searched for my voice.

 

“H-how did you find me?” I sputtered.

 

“Long story, and all you need to know is that we’re going to get you out of here, okay?”

 

“We?”

 

“Me and Skye and Dean.” Chase pulled me out of his arms and took my hand instead. “Let’s go.”

 

I resisted, turning to a confused Jolie. “Chase, I--”

 

But he didn’t listen and just dragged me out the door.

 

“Jolie! Come on!” I called.

 

But she didn’t listen, and just sat there, tears still on her cheeks.

 

“What are you doing?” I called. I tried to wriggle away from Chase but it only slowed us down. “Come on!”

 

Her voice was raspy. “This is what I deserve. I should’ve been stronger.”

 

“It wasn’t your fault!” I yelled and finally yanked myself from Chase’s grip.

 

“Andrea, stop it! What are you doing?” he screamed and clamped down on my hand again.

 

“Let me go!” I looked back at Jolie, who was slowly getting to her feet. “Chase! Let go!”

 

But did he listen? No. He continued to drag me away and so I watched helplessly as Jolie began to push the door back closed.

 

“Jolie! Don’t!”

 

But then the door slammed, and I heard a definite ker-thunk of a deadbolt locking. I wondered vaguely how Chase had gotten into the room, but maybe it hadn’t been dead-bolted.

 

“Jolie . . .” I called, but it was quiet and half-hearted. She’d made her choice.

 

Chase was still towing me, inch by inch.

 

“I should’ve saved her,” I said, directly at him now.

 

“Who?” he asked and grunted to himself with the effort it was taking to lug me.

 

“The ghombie girl. Jolie. She trapped herself here.”

 

“That’s not my problem.”

 

“Shut up, Chase! Just shut up!” I screamed and began to cry. I really tried to wriggle free, but he had me ensnared. I eventually gave in and let him just pull me along, and we finally made it to the door where a boy I didn’t recognize stood frozen still.

 

“Who--?”

 

But a girlish shriek that could only have been Skye answered before I even finished asking.

 

Dean!” She cried. I saw her leap out of nowhere and grab his arms, attempt to move him. He stayed still. She touched his cheeks, shook his face, but it was no use. “DEAN!”

 

“Skye,” I half-panted, half-yelled. She didn’t even look up, just shook the boy Dean and sobbed.

 

Chase stood just as paralyzed as me, until I saw White emerge from the doorway, brushing past Skye and looking directly at me. Dean instantly moved once White was past him, and Skye tumbled into his arms. I guess White had frozen him somehow. But . . . how was that even possible? Dean was a wizard; he attended Skye’s witch school. My eyes widened. Could White be powerful enough to control other supernaturals?

 

Then White was right in front of me, and I tightened my grip on Chase’s hand because he didn’t know the enemy was before us. He couldn’t see. White touched my cheek and I howled in pain. I dropped Chase as he screamed and jolted back. I heard a faint call from Skye as I collapsed to the floor.

 

“You all underestimate my power,” White said and smiled. “I won’t be just a leader of ghombie forever, oh no. I’ll be a leader of misfits, a leader of unnatural beings. And you’re going to help me.”

 

I screamed again as he touched my hand. “Jolie!” I screeched. I don’t even know why, her name was just the first that crossed my mind and I yelled that. It was a pretty damn loud scream though, because everyone stared at me, even White. I must’ve started to pass out or something from the pain of White's touch, because I swear I heard a faint ker-thunk. I must’ve been dreaming. 



© 2012 emma


Author's Note

emma
ooh, Jolie is such a mystery. i haven't uploaded in a while, so here ya go. what's going on?! what's happening with Jolie? Dean? White? stay tuned. we are almost done here, folks.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Jolie, no! You should've tried to escape :( Although I suppose it wouldn't have gotten anywhere. White, you jerk!

Posted 11 Years Ago


wooooo

Posted 12 Years Ago


And Andrea and her bf wil live happily ever after:) Continuing from Fostergirls prediction

Posted 12 Years Ago


Grrr. Write more. I demand you. This cliff hanger is just not acceptable. Prediction: Jolie's gunna come out of the shadows and save her. White will die. Chase will die. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


IT'S SO ESSITING!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Oooh! You've got a cliffhanger there. I like where it's going. Will be waiting..

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

408 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 21, 2012
Last Updated on March 21, 2012

Ghombie Whisperer


Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma