Chapter 44 - Keeping or Leaving?

Chapter 44 - Keeping or Leaving?

A Chapter by emma

-Dean-

 

I found myself staring at the body of the dead girl. Camille, not “the dead girl.” Her name is Camille. Was.

 

Skye sobbed on the floor a few inches away from me, but I was so mad at her I couldn’t even look down. She had essentially killed Camille, for a girl who may never wake up! A girl who may die!

 

A girl who has gotten us into all this trouble in the first place.

 

“Now,” that blue man said. Ghombie, is what his kind is called. “About that Nate fellow.”

 

I swear I heard Nate groan, even though when I looked back he was still unconscious. Chase caught my eye, and I looked down at Andrea in his arms. He tightened his fingers around her. I didn’t know what to do if that ghombie threatened to kill Nate, too. Might as well save Andrea again, right? But was that the right thing to be thinking? Should we try and save Nate instead?

 

“I’m sure you understand where this is going,” the ghombie said. “Another choice: save Andrea and leave Nate, or save Nate and leave Andrea?”

 

“How do we know you’ll even let us go with Andrea if we sacrifice Nate?” I asked.

 

He grinned at me. “I promise, we’ll all let you leave with the one you choose to save once you choose one to leave behind.”

 

I finally did look Skye, who was just staring blankly at Camille.

 

“Skye?” I stammered.

 

It took her a second, but she turned, her eyes puffy and her cheeks slick and her shirt drenched in tears. And I was transported back to the night we met. She looked almost the exact same, except she was glowing in moonlight instead of light bulbs. But it didn’t what light you looked at her in, she was gorgeous. And I can sort of understand the choice she made. I would’ve done it for her. I wondered if she would’ve done it for me.

 

“I can’t leave her, Dean. I can’t,” she said and turned back away to Camille.

 

“Then is it decided?” the ghombie asked.

 

I didn’t even bother to consult Chase. “Yes.”

 

“Excellent. Hand me the boy.”

 

Nobody moved.

 

He snapped his fingers, and made a shooing motion in our direction. A few moments later, Nate was lifted off the floor and brought to the white-eyed ghombie. I braced myself for the death of yet another person, another fatality that could have potentially been avoided.

 

But nothing happened.

 

The ghombie turned to us. “Well? Shouldn’t you be on your way?”

 

“You’re not going to kill him?” I said.

 

“Never you mind. Now leave or I’ll kill you all, right now.”

 

I grabbed Skye’s arm and jolted her upright. Then I pulled her along as we made our way past Nate and the ghombie. She cried, and tears built up in my eyes, but we kept going, Chase on our heels.

 

When we made it outside, she collapsed into my arms and sobbed. At first I wanted to shove her off and yell at her, but instead decided that was not a wise decision and let her cry. We called a taxi. It picked us up. We drove back to town. Called Andrea’s grandmother. Then brought Andrea to the hospital.

 



© 2012 emma


Author's Note

emma
enjoy!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That was smart of White! If he'd killed them all or something then the other Ghombies would be all, "Dude, you suck! You just killed two life donors and let the last one go! We're leaving!" Why did he let them go, though??

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
How could you? This is just not fair! Let Nate to rot and be tortured for life by ghombies? Skye should fight that ghombie and be brave not be all helpless and get a helpless person like Camille die!?!
Ok, leave my fuming. Great write! I loved it. Keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


OMG SKYE IS A MURDERER AND NATE IS LEFT TO DIE?!

That is so unfair!!! D: STAY ALIVE NATE.

meh she should've sacrificed Andrea instead...

Posted 12 Years Ago


EMMA WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!?! ONE CANNOT JUST LET AN ATTRACTIVE PERSON SUCH AS NATE BE ABANDONED!! :O I will just not accept this

Posted 12 Years Ago


You are a monster. HOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!!! You can't just go off killing innocent people. :'( emmaseeley this is not cool.

Posted 12 Years Ago


WHAT?!?! DEAN AND SKYE, YOU ARE TERRIBLE PEOPLE!! (no offense)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

456 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on March 24, 2012
Last Updated on March 24, 2012

Ghombie Whisperer


Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Scorned Scorned

A Book by paparapapa