Chapter 45 - Coming Back

Chapter 45 - Coming Back

A Chapter by emma

-Andrea-

 

Floating . . . floating . . . floating . . . I’m floating!

 

Floating higher above any clouds could reach.

 

But sometimes I get dragged back down and then I’m staring into those eyes, the ones that burn just to look into. The ones so white they are blinding.

 

Then other times I’m staring at people I feel like I should know. A pretty blonde girl with a big smile . . . a blond-haired boy with dazzling blue eyes . . . an old woman with soft features . . . a woman with a terrible pain in her eyes and a bottle in her hand.

 

The worst times, though, are the ones where I feel like I’m lying down and there’s this throbbing pain in my head. Its so bad I can’t even put it into words. Those moments of terrible pain are short but . . . powerful.

 

Then I’m floating again.

 

 

“Ow,” I grumbled, barely audible. But someone heard it.

 

There was a flutter of whispers and “She talked!” and surprised murmurs. I couldn’t open my eyes, I couldn’t move my limbs, couldn’t do anything but move my lips in an involuntary reaction to the immense pain in my head. It felt like someone was drilling into my skull.

 

There was some shuffling, and it was infuriating because I couldn’t see what was happening.


“Pricilla! She was speaking only a moment ago!” someone cried.

 

Pricilla. Grandma.

 

I struggled to open my eyes, but they felt glued together. I wanted to scream in frustrating, but of course I couldn’t.

 

“Are you sure?” a frail voice asked. Grandma!

 

“Yes, she said “ow.””

 

Grandma sputtered a broken laugh. “Oh.”

 

Then she took my hand in her own and whispered encouragements to me. (“wake up, baby,” and “it’s okay” and “come back now, Andrea.”) I willed my stupid, weak body to respond to my demands, and my eyes fluttered ever so slightly.

 

“Her eyelids!” my grandma squealed.

 

I pushed myself harder, and this time got a squeeze out of my hand. Grandma was almost in tears by then. And with one more giant heave of effort, I forced my eyes to open.

 

I was in a hospital; I could tell by the familiarly bland ceiling. Also there was a nurse in my view. I noticed my breathing was somewhat odd, and I glanced over at a beeping machine to my right. It rose and fell with my breathing. I was attached to a breathing-machine. Then I turned to my left, and there was my grandma: she looked a hell of a lot older than she did last time I saw her. But I didn’t really have time to ask her about it because she was pulling me into a bear hug that nearly sent me back into that black, floating world.

 

 

When Skye came in, she was already crying. I was able to sit up, so she didn’t have to lie on me to hug. Just lean over my bed. We hugged and hugged and hugged until I needed to let go to catch my breath. I realized I was crying, too.

 

“Oh my God, Andrea . . .” she said and offered a weak smile.

 

I smiled back, equally weak.

 

“I thought you were going to die,” she said, getting choked up. “I really did.”

 

I mustered my voice. “How long was I out?”

 

She looked away. “Four months.”

 

“Four months?”

 

She nodded. “Four months.”

 

“How?” I gasped.

 

“That ghombie.”

 

“He knocked me out for four months?

 

She nodded again, then her eyes flitted away. 

 

I suddenly remembered something important. “Where’s Jolie? Camille? Are they okay?”

Pain flashed across her features. “I don’t know who Jolie is . . . but Camille�"” she broke off, sobbed for a moment, then continued. “Camille is dead.”

 

I closed my eyes and tried to stop the tears. They came anyways. “What about everyone else? Dean? Chase? Nate?” My eyes widened. “Nate! What happened to Nate?”

 

Skye looked away again. "He's okay . . . I guess."



© 2012 emma


Author's Note

emma
HI! sorry i haven't written in awhile. almost finished! :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Maybe they'll have a Ghombie and human love? oh, poor Nate and Andrea...

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is just too sad. He's not even human anymore probably. And four whole months?! :'(

Posted 11 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
AK
Brilliant chapter! Keep writing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Oh good, Nate's okay! Wait.......I GUESS?!?!?!?!?

Posted 12 Years Ago


love it cant wait to see more


Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

OH MY GOD WHAT DID YOU DO TO NATE?!?!?!?!?!? What did you do you devil. *narrows eyes*

Btw, loved this chapter. I dunno why. I think it's your perfect description. Or just the fact that you write amazingly. :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

495 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 23, 2012
Last Updated on April 23, 2012

Ghombie Whisperer


Author

emma
emma

Canada



About
i'm emma and i watch a lot of TV and movies and read a lot of books and come talk to me about that i would love to talk with you also: i write things every once and a while more..

Writing
Fly On The Wall Fly On The Wall

A Poem by emma



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..