India's performance at CWG 2010

India's performance at CWG 2010

A Chapter by Priya Seht
"

India worked to it's best capacity and the due credibility must be given to our Govt.

"


he gave us birth; She gave us life; she gave us everything we wanted. She is our motherland-INDIA. Our nation hosted the CWG 2010 in October in the national Capital, New Delhi and it was a magnanimous event. India was fully justified in hosting the games as all the citizens came together for a national event. The work had been very stagnant in the beginning and much of the hopes had been shattered but as 3rd October approached nearer, we started being zealous and finally the day came and we gasped the opening ceremony. It was no less than the FIFA opening. Multi lingual people came together and there was a perfect amalgamation of oneness and culture. Guests from overseas came for the event and applauded the same among whom were Prince Charles.

Though red tapism is malignant here; yet the glory and the success cannot be overlooked. we ourselves are witnesses to the games and cannot oversee the hardwork of so many. We are the only nation who can brag about stadium which is one of it’s only kind in the world in the sense that it is totally different from the rest of the stadia of the world. There, every seat would give you just the same view even if you were on the edge of the curve. To add icing on the cake the Indian sportspersons brought laurels to our country by fetching many gold medals.
If we pledge against social vices then nobody can stop us from being a developed nation like US. We are progressing but at a slow pace. We need to speed it up fast. Furthermore, India has been defamed just because of a few miscreants otherwise if each and every individual has faith in her; she would give us quite sweet fruits.
After all, it’s just a matter of BELIEF!
Having high hopes for the future…


© 2010 Priya Seht


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

368 Views
Added on December 14, 2010
Last Updated on December 14, 2010


Author

Priya Seht
Priya Seht

Jammu, Jammu, India



About
Biker at heart, blood in tank & fuel in veins more..

Writing