Showing off Trends in Youth

Showing off Trends in Youth

A Chapter by Priya Seht
"

Youngsters are busy bragging about latest phones,gizmos,games,bikes & fashions.

"
Y-O-U-N-G-S-T-E-R-S: What world comes to your mind when I say this word?
Studies? No. Show-off? Yes! Youth are the future of any country that can take the country to the apex of success. The youth are the only human resources on which a country can depend. The country invests so much on the Youth/Work force but when it comes to their abilities, the result is not very encouraging. In this hectic 21st Century, gadgets are surrounding every individual. One actually doesn’t have time for himself and his family. All over you’ll see cell phones, pico-computers, X-boxes, i-pods, etc. Ironically, it seems as though the human body is made up of these ‘elements’. We all are so engrossed in this materialistic and mammoth world that we have lost our senses and become insane. We have gone to the extent of killing our beloved. It is pathetic to see small children getting involved in habits like smoking; terrorism, begging, etc. This is the condition of youth. What will happen to the nation then? The future of the country seems blurred.
Because of peer-pressure, every second day, teenagers demand from their parents something that they actually don’t need but they need because their pals have it. They might not ever use it but just to have a shoulder-to-shoulder race or to be at par with the better ones, they pressurize or why not say emotionally blackmail their parents to buy those unnecessary tools. The parents buy those superfluous things just to get a little smile on their child’s face and so that their child is not filled with hard feelings. Children (teenagers) on the other hand do not understand their parents’ psyche and just keep on demanding all the time. They want the latest gadget, which may not be even launched in their country but because they are “SUPER COOL” generation, they want everything.
In schools, stringent laws have been made not to carry mobile phones but children fearlessly do that without informing their parents about the same. Such kind of acts are ‘cool’ for them but they must realize that as time is passing by, they are getting trapped in the web-a web, which is far more complex than their thinking.
God never wanted humans to have differences but human psychology is such that he has categorized everyone as rich, poor, good/bad, etc. So, in order to come to the status of the so-called RICH, teenagers are getting involved in the show off business. The day is not far when the 21st century will be called “show-off century”.
It is now or never that teenagers can make or ruin their lives. Their future and their life lie in their hands. If the golden-time passes by, then none of the stars, etc will work to change their luck.
The pure air that one used to breathe few years ago now consists of show off elements and nothing else. I really can’t breathe in this world. Please help by changing this air to the former one!


© 2010 Priya Seht


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

292 Views
Added on December 14, 2010
Last Updated on December 14, 2010


Author

Priya Seht
Priya Seht

Jammu, Jammu, India



About
Biker at heart, blood in tank & fuel in veins more..

Writing