Barack Obama

Barack Obama

A Chapter by Priya Seht
"

Have high expectations from the young President.

"
A very dynamic, intellectual and a legitimate leader of the Democratic Party was elected by the people of the United States of America on 5 November 2008. In his speech, he declared, “If there is anyone out there who doubts that America is a place where anything is possible, who still wonders if the dream of our founders is alive in our time, who still questions the power of our democracy, tonight is your answer.”
Born to a father from Kenya and a mother from Kansas on 4 August, 1961 in Honolulu, Hawaii, the 47 year old President has graduated from Columbia University and Harvard Law School. He went on to attend the Law School where he became the African-American President of the ‘Harvard Law Review’. He sworn in as President on January 20, 2009. Obama and Michelle are the parents of two daughters namely Malia,10, and Sasha,7. Obama said that he would stop the outsourcing but then thinking pragmatically, many citizens from across the two countries have confessed that incase outsourcing is stopped, U.S would be in a fix. He had promised that he would close down the Guatanamo Bay in Cuba and he did so and the trial is not yet over. The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) has been ordered to close any secret prisons that may still be operating.
Moving on to the environment, he said that his Government would ensure 10% of U.S.A’s electricity came from Renewable Energy by 2012 and 25% by 2025. He has plans to use soil,wind,etc as alternate sources of energy so that the Gift of God can be prevented from tarnishing. With every passing day families in America are watching their bills soaring up and their money (savings) draining out.
Mr. Obama feels that if they (U.S citizens) do not act quickly, recession could linger for years, which may swipe away the competitive edge of America, the competitive edge which has provided strength to the nation to stand in the mammoth world. The leader has put forth an American Recovery and Reinvestment Plan also, which will restart job creation. He is going to ensure long-term growth by innumerable ways such as doubling the production of alternative energy in the next 3 years, improving energy efficiency by modifying the federal buildings, expanding broadband across America, etc to name a few. He has got the determination to change the world and wants to set an example for all the nations of the world to save the earth and go green.
Moreover, he is a source of inspiration not only for the young but also for every person. He has taught us that hard work always pays and it was his hard work that he came up to this height flabbergasting the whole world. He’s following the footsteps of Abraham Lincoln and Martin Luther King. Despite the fact that he fumbles in his oath, he’s still loved by all and all of us believe in him and trust him.
And finally, after many years, it seems to me as though the relationships between India and America are going to be cordial. Heartiest congratulations to the U.S and the President elect for changing the history.


© 2010 Priya Seht


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

357 Views
Added on December 14, 2010
Last Updated on December 14, 2010


Author

Priya Seht
Priya Seht

Jammu, Jammu, India



About
Biker at heart, blood in tank & fuel in veins more..

Writing