E-Language

E-Language

A Chapter by Priya Seht
"

Our language has become corrupt by usage of computer words.

"
In the quicksilver world with cutting edge technologies, it is becoming very difficult to catch up with the latest lingoes coming up. As the time evolves, so does the language. Welcome to a new world, a world that offers a new range of words, yes, the e-language or the sms language. The messages are going around as, “hy, wz up?” which is the simplest of all but few are such that they are unidentifiable.Take a look at this-TTYL which is Talk to you Later! The inbox gets filled up with thousands of messages containing these ironically beautiful words and then you get a head spin. Have a headache with these new words coming on your way hindering your vision. Keep on lingering what these new set of words mean and interpret your own meaning. The creative team of youngsters are the inventors of such words who feel that this is a much “easy” language and helps them to send their message over seas very quickly as they have word constraint in networking sites like Twitter.
The opinions of the professionals and teachers are however in contrast to this. They feel that the new ‘slangs’ corrupt the English language. Quite true. At the end of the day, most of us have to give written examinations, which require complete and full forms with correct English spellings. Some people also feel that English language wouldn’t be affected since every language erupts out of a root language; it’s father. So, the new words, which would come up would need some reference, which is the real English Language.
The possible and the alluring solution is to train the brain to use proper English words while writing the examination and using proper English whenever and wherever possible. Such positive autosuggestions do help a lot. As a matter of fact, many of us lose marks because of the shorter sms words being used on the ‘holy’ answer sheet. Mind the word ‘Holy’. Incase we do not find a way out; we would be caught in the web of two languages and won’t be able to adopt either of them. This switch over doesn’t seem to be very easy but can be acquired with constant use of proper words in maximum spheres of life.


© 2010 Priya Seht


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

It's nice to know I'm not the only one who will actually put "How are you?" or "I know it's okay." instead of "Howr u?" or "IK it's k." That kind of bothers me. I do use some of the "new language" but I don't like it when people use it so much. I like it it's educational.

Posted 13 Years Ago


DTD, LOL (dont talk daft, laughs out loud) hey it's beem a total education for me, as i'm getting on in years, and only been online a few it took some time to get used to this new internet language, but I'm proud to say I did. but I hate it being used in corispondence (did I spell that right) or in poetry. good work, food for thought

Posted 13 Years Ago


I feel that when the next generation comes along, the english lanuage will start to die away. It is sad to think, but I fear it is true.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Our language does evolve faster in one way but dying in another way which suggests that though shortcuts in the written language are quick for our minds to keep up and exchange; Our brains are stimulated in other multiple ways as we become desensitized to human voice, body language and emotions. Our vocal chords do not get the chance for practice while these words on a screen keep silent do deaf eyes.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Nice!!... your thoughts are quite different they are not for hobby or leisure but social cause essentially
well done!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

390 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 14, 2010
Last Updated on December 14, 2010


Author

Priya Seht
Priya Seht

Jammu, Jammu, India



About
Biker at heart, blood in tank & fuel in veins more..

Writing