THE PRAYER OF THE NEW CREATION

THE PRAYER OF THE NEW CREATION

A Chapter by Soulfood Today With Emone Emmanuel

SOULFOOD DEVOTIONAL
WRITER: EMONE EMMANUEL
EPISODE 12: THE PURPOSE AND POWER OF THE NEW CREATION
DAY 16: THE PRAYER
OF THE NEW CREATION

I desire then that in every place the men should pray, lifting holy hands without anger or quarreling; 1 Timothy 2:8
Highest Praise to our Father of Life and Jesus Christ our life.

DEFINITION OF PRAYER
Prayer is a spiritual communication.
It is a conversation between two spirits.
To the New Creation it is the conversation of his spirit with the Spirit of God.
It is also a fellowship with the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
We pray to the Father through His Holy Spirit standing on what Jesus Christ has accomplished for us through His birth, death, resurrection, ascension and elevation.

IMPLICATION OF THE NEW CREATION'S PRAYER
1. The New Creation is expected to pray everywhere.
He is not just expected to pray in church or family altar but everywhere.
This might sound difficult right? But that is a major difference between those in the Old Testament and those in the New Testament. In the New Testament the New Creation is enabled by God to be a mobile altar. So through the empowerment of the Holy Spirit He can pray in the home, school, office, shop or church. In his heart he can be in a serious gist with God that you might not know. This is because according to Ephesians 3:20, "the Lord can do all we ask and think of according to the power that is at work in us". Our inward thoughts are loud to God. God in us hears what will say in our heart and He will answer if it is according to His will(word).
So like lively stones the Lord builds us into spiritual house to be a holy priesthood, offering spiritual sacrifices accepted to God through Christ Jesus. This means a life of continuous prayer and worship in Christ Jesus. See this in 1 Peter 2:5.
Revelations 1:6 said, "He has made us a Kingdom of priests for God his Father. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen".
We are priests and priests pray continually so let us pray always and not cease from praying.

2. THE IMPLIFICATION OF LIFTED HANDS IN PRAYER
Though the position of prayer was not emphasised for the New Creation but what to do with his hands was revealed. He is encouraged to lift up His holy hands.
The Lifted Hands implies:
A. A Child-like faith in God.
We ask the Father to carry us when we lift up our hands before the Father. Jesus said when you pray say, "Our Father who art in heaven worship be your name(Matthew 6:9). So you come to your father with a readiness for a lifting. He is our Father and it is His duty to lift us. That is what gives Him joy.

B. Lifted hands shows a readiness to worship.
"May my prayer be set before you like incense; may the lifting up of my hands be like the evening sacrifice." Psalm 141: 2.
We are Worship offerings so when we lift up our hands it is a sign that we want to offer all we are to God.
The New Creation worships in prayer. He prays in thanksgiving. This is because he has the confidence that the father answers every prayer made according to His will. This is according to 1 John 5:14.

C. The Lifted hands is a sign of surrender.
People surrender to kings, emperors and conquerors in the ancient times when they lift their hands during warfare. It simply shows that they don't have any weapon of their own and that they are tired of fighting on their own.
We throw away self efforts when we pray according to His will. It shows that we are don't depending on talent, intellect, skills or human connection for our answers. It also shows that we cannot do it on our own.

D. It shows that we are victors.
This is who we are in prayer. We are victorious when we surrender to Him.
In the place of prayer Jacob(an ordinary man) becomes Isreal(a Prince with God). In Genesis 32:28 Jacob was changed to Israel when he prayed(had discussions with God). We exchange our ordinary self nature for our Supernatural Spiritual identity when we pray.
We win whenever we pray according to His will. The devil, self and world does not want us to pray but we conquer them whenever we pray according to His will.
So the New Creation who prays according to the will of the Father is victorious.

E. Lifted hands signifies a willingness to receive.
When prayer goes up spiritual blessings comes down. According to Ephesians 1: 3, He has already blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places. So when we pray on earth according to His will He transfers the blessings in heaven to us on earth. So when we lift up our hands and pray according to His will it shows that we trust Him. It shows that we believe that He will release our spiritual blessings to us on the earth realm.

F. When we lift up our holy hands it is acknowledgment of what the Father has done for us in Christ Jesus.
The hands of the New Creation are holy because it belongs to the redeemed of God who has been made the Righteousness of God in Christ Jesus.
When you lift your holy hands you acknowledge the righteousness that Christ Jesus gave to you.
SO LIFT UP YOUR HOLY HANDS AND PRAY.

Let us celebrate the Father for the gift of His Purpose Driven Son. Let us ask for the grace to draw closer to the son. Ask the Holy Spirit to conform you to image of Christ Jesus.
I pray that God will use you to transform lives positively in your family, workplace, community, country, continent and the world at large. I also pray that God will draw you and those in your circle of influence closer to Himself.
Let us celebrate the Holy Spirit for He Inspired the writing of the Scriptures and Soulfood Devotional.

PRAYER FOR YOUR COUNTRY
1. Pray that your country will have faith in God.
2. Ask God to visit Portuguese Republic in a mighty way.
3. Plead with the Lord of Harvest to send labourers into the harvest field of your country so that more souls will be won for our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ.
SHARE/CONNECT ON SOCIAL NETWORKS
FACEBOOK: EMONE EMMANUEL
WHATSAPP: +234 9067495202
INSTAGRAM: emoneemmanuel



© 2018 Soulfood Today With Emone Emmanuel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

34 Views
Added on June 7, 2018
Last Updated on June 7, 2018


Author

Soulfood Today With Emone Emmanuel
Soulfood Today With Emone Emmanuel

Nigeria



About
Soulfood Inspirational with Emone Emmanuel contains Soulfood Devotional, Soulfood Juice, Soul Stories and Soul Diary. This is a daily inspirational resource for your inspirational lifestyle. It contai.. more..

Writing