THE INTERCESSION OF THE NEW CREATION

THE INTERCESSION OF THE NEW CREATION

A Chapter by Soulfood Today With Emone Emmanuel

SOULFOOD DEVOTIONAL
WRITER: EMONE EMMANUEL
EPISODE 12: THE PURPOSE AND POWER OF THE NEW CREATION
DAY 17: THE INTERCESSION OF THE NEW CREATION

First of all, then, I urge that petitions, prayers, intercessions, and thanksgiving be offered on behalf of all men. 1 Timothy 2:1

Highest Praise to our Father of Life and Jesus Christ our life.

DEFINITION OF INTERCESSION
Intercession means to intercede.
It means to intercept. That is to stand between persons or things.
It could also means to be a representative of another. It means to stand in the position of another person.
To the New Creation it is a way to release the love of Christ that has been shed abroad in his heart by the Holy Spirit. Christ Jesus is love and because He dwells in our heart we are meant to love others by praying for them.

IMPLICATION OF THE NEW CREATION'S INTERCESSION.
1. It is an instruction.
The Lord really want us to pray for people. It is easier to complain about people or to gossip with their names instead of praying for them. When someone arrive to discuss another person simply ask if the two of you can pray for that person. This will simply end the gossip. So don't condemn others or complain about people or your community but simply bring the desired change to God in prayer.
You are instructed and encouraged by the Word of God to pray for others. You can pray for your families, friends, churches, companies or workplace, community, country, other countries, your continent and other continents.

2. It is a duty you owe to God.
Psalms 115: 16 proclaimed, "the heaven of heavens belongs to God but the earth has He given to the children of men". Man is the person with authority on earth. So God waits for man's invitation before He arrive on the earth. So when you don't pray for others you are likely delaying God's agenda for their lives.
You have a duty before God to pray for your family, friends, colleagues, course or class mates, leaders of faith and governance. You have to pray for everyone.

3. It is a duty you owe to yourself.
The scripture said in Job 42:10, that the fortunes of Job was restored when He prayed for His friends.
Offence, bitterness, anger, jealousy and hatred can block what we can receive from God. However when we genuinely pray for others out of love we will be healed and restored.
According to 1 John 4:8, any person that lives in hatred or bitterness lives in darkness and does not know God. This is because God is light who does not have any darkness.
So love is light. When we pray for others out of love we see light. This is the ability to see what God wants to do for us and others.
Darkness blocks revelation but light brings revelation.
The Love of Christ has been shed abroad in the heart of the new creation(Romans 5:5). This means that we can pray for one another in love.

What Are You Going To Pray For Them?
According to Ephesians 1: 17 you should make the following prayers for people.
1. Ask the Holy Spirit to reveal the Father, Son and Spirit to them.
"Paul said that the Lord will give to them a Spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of Him.
2. Pray that they will know why He has created them.
This is a prayer for a deeper revelation of purpose.
Also pray according to Ephesians 3:18, that they will know the height, depth, length and width of God's love for them and everyone on earth. This will aid the New Creation you are praying for to experience more of God's love and to work with it. However you need to Pray it for those around of you who has not received Christ Jesus as their Lord and saviour. Pray that their eyes of understanding be opened to see God's love for them. Bind the strong man(devil) that has covered their inner eyes with darkness. Pray that the Lord of the harvest will send someone(the labourer) that will share the love of Christ with them.
3. Ask God to show them what He has deposited in them in Christ Jesus.
Paul calls this, "the glorious inheritance of the saints in Christ Jesus". This includes wisdom, love, power and sound mind.
"Beloved, I pray you to prosper concerning all things and to be in good health, just as your soul prospers." 3 John 1:2.
This is part of our glorious inheritance in Christ Jesus that we should ask the Father to give to them.
4. Ask God to bring them to a deeper relationship with His Holy Spirit and then God's mighty power that is at work in us.
Please pray this prayer for yourself even as you pray for others. It is the foundation of the New Creation's Wisdom and Power.
So pray for your families, friends, churches, companies or workplace, community, country, other countries, your continent and other continents.

Let us celebrate the Father for the gift of His Purpose Driven Son. Let us ask for the grace to draw closer to the son. Ask the Holy Spirit to conform you to image of Christ Jesus.
I pray that God will use you to transform lives positively in your family, workplace, community, country, continent and the world at large. I also pray that God will draw you and those in your circle of influence closer to Himself.
Let us celebrate the Holy Spirit for He Inspired the writing of the Scriptures and Soulfood Devotional.

PRAYER FOR YOUR COUNTRY
1. Pray that your country will have faith in God.
2. Ask God to visit Pridnestrovie in a mighty way.
3. Plead with the Lord of Harvest to send labourers into the harvest field of your country so that more souls will be won for our Lord and saviour Jesus Christ.
SHARE/CONNECT ON SOCIAL NETWORKS
FACEBOOK: EMONE EMMANUEL
WHATSAPP: +234 9067495202
INSTAGRAM: emoneemmanuel



© 2018 Soulfood Today With Emone Emmanuel


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on June 7, 2018
Last Updated on June 7, 2018


Author

Soulfood Today With Emone Emmanuel
Soulfood Today With Emone Emmanuel

Nigeria



About
Soulfood Inspirational with Emone Emmanuel contains Soulfood Devotional, Soulfood Juice, Soul Stories and Soul Diary. This is a daily inspirational resource for your inspirational lifestyle. It contai.. more..

Writing