February 11 to 17, 2019 Global Futbol Matches

February 11 to 17, 2019 Global Futbol Matches

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The following article provides an oversight for matches and tournaments taking place in 2019.

"

February 11 to 17, 2019

The Women’s Nations Cup Qualifiers continued this week. In North America, Haiti slotted five goals from five different goalscorers past the Puerto Rican defence, concluded by Kethna Louis, the Player of the Match from right-wing-back. A goal either side of the break saw Barbados overcome Antigua and Barbuda. The United States scored seven goals to one against Panama, with Morgan’s hat trick leading the charge. The Americans have now scored twenty goals in three games and only conceded one, and are well on their way to the Nations Cup. St Kitts and Nevis dominated the first half, but could not penetrate the Aruban defence. Eventually, the home side scored twice in the second half and will look to finish second in the group behind the USA.

 

The US Virgin Islanders managed to keep Canada from scoring for 61 minutes, before all three substitutes for the home side scored to help Canada win their third game. Two of St Vincent and the Grenadines’ substitutes also scored late against Guyana, taking all three points at home and holding second place in Group C.

 

Mexico breezed three goals past Cuba in a top-of-the-group clash, with two in the first half and a clincher in the 74th minute by wing backer and Player of the Match Sandra Mayor. Once again, Curacao lost by five goals, this time to Bermuda. The home side always had the upper hand throughout the game, and with two rebounding goals by K’shaela Waldron, ensured their first campaign victory.

 

In Group E, Costa Rica worked hard for their three goals over Dominica, with two coming from the boot of Maria Barrantes. Jamaica won away against Suriname to take first placing in the group via a red-carded penalty slotted home by Sweatman in her second penalty-based goal. This result sets up the next match between them and Costa Rica to possibly determine the outcome of the group.

 

Group F’s Trinidad and Tobago continued their winning ways with a 2-0 away win against Grenada. Substitute Patrice Superville was the first to score in the second half, followed by Janine Francois’ finish right in front of goal as stoppage time ticked into play. Dennys Vargas scored once in each half, sandwiching an Ubiera-stunner in the 50th minute, to help the Dominican Republic see off visitors St Lucia.

 

South America’s single match saw Brazil defeat Argentina away 3-1.

 

In Europe, Turkey scored twice to defeat Belarus, as did Italy over Israel to edge closer to the Israelis, who remain on top of Group G. Estonia bounced back with a 2-0 defeat of Hungary, and Finland scored a solitary goal over Switzerland in a mirror image of their previous encounter.

 

Over in Africa, Swaziland and Senegal fought hard but a one-all draw was all either side could muster. Ghana slotted two past Ethiopia in Addis Ababa to leap into first place in Group E.

 

Oceanian Qualifiers continued this week. Tahiti were the first to hit the back of the net away to Papua New Guinea, but it was deemed offside thanks to the previous shot on goal. Tahiti kept up the pressure for much of the first half; only no difference could be made on the scoreboard. That all changed as Papua New Guinea came alive, firstly through left back Rita Mayang, followed by goals from Meagan Gunemba and Sandra Birum’s second goal for the campaign. Three-nil the final score. New Caledonia smacked four goals in the first half and two more in the second against a woeful Samoan side, including a hat trick from Xölawawa and two from Xowie, who now has three for the Qualifiers.

 

New Zealand dominated much of the game against Tonga, securing their third win in a row by two goals. However, the difference should have been far greater, had it not been for wayward shooting. The Cook Islander goalkeeper and defenders were the players that shocked Fiji as their steely saves and last-gasp blocks thwarted the myriad shots of their opponents. The scoreless draw allowed the visitors to gain their first point of the qualification process, but also deny Fiji a chance to go second by three points (they are now only one point ahead of Tonga).

 

February 11

Women’s Nations Cup Qualifiers MD6

CONCACAF

·  Haiti 5 Puerto Rico 0

·  Barbados 2 Antigua and Barbuda 0

·  USA 7 Panama 1

·  St Kitts and Nevis 2 Aruba 0

·  Canada 3 US Virgin Islands 0

·  St Vincent and the Grenadines 2 Guyana 0

 

 

February 12

Women’s Nations Cup Qualifiers MD6

Africa

·  Ethiopia 0 Ghana 2

·  Swaziland 1 Senegal 1

Europe

·  Finland 1 Switzerland 0

·  Turkey 2 Belarus 0

·  Israel 0 Italy 2

·  Estonia 2 Hungary 0

CONMEBOL

·  Argentina 1 Brazil 3

 

February 14

Women’s Futsal MD 2

Russia 2-2 Egypt

Morocco 4-1 Portugal

Australia 3-1 Denmark

Iceland 2-1 Nigeria

Costa Rica 3-2 Brazil

South Korea 2-1 Mexico

Panama 3-2 England

Senegal 3-2 Japan

February 15

Women’s Nations Cup Qualifiers MD6

Oceania

·  Papua New Guinea 3 Tahiti 0

·  New Caledonia 6 Samoa 0

·  New Zealand 2 Tonga 0

·  Fiji 0 Cook Islands 0

Europe

·  Faroe Islands v Romania

CONCACAF

·  Mexico 3 Cuba 0

·  Bermuda 5 Curacao 0

·  Costa Rica 3 Dominica 0

·  Suriname 0 Jamaica 1

·  Grenada 0 Trinidad and Tobago 2

·  Dominican Republic 3 St Lucia 0

 

February 16

Women’s Futsal MD 3

Russia 2-2 Uruguay

Morocco 1-1 Spain

Australia 4-1 Peru

Iceland 2-1 Croatia

Costa Rica 3-2 Switzerland

South Korea 1-2 Germany

Panama 3-3 Tunisia

Senegal 2-2 Colombia

 


 



© 2019 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Wow! What a detailed and unique report! I feel your passion. Do you follow CONIFA by any chance?

Posted 5 Years Ago


Steve Clark

5 Years Ago

Why thank you. I have only heard of CONIFA, not by that name but in reputation. I'm keen to include .. read more
Tourist the Sleepwalker

5 Years Ago

I was collecting data for Million Seater Stadia,a football movement designed to fight homelessness a.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Added on February 17, 2019
Last Updated on February 17, 2019

Global Futbol 2019


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing