June 20, 2019 "Swiss Ismaili confirmed dead in swimming accident"

June 20, 2019 "Swiss Ismaili confirmed dead in swimming accident"

A Chapter by Steve Clark
"

The body of Florijana Ismaili was recovered from Lake Zurich today, two days after the Swiss midfielder was enjoying a day of rest before tackling training in the lead up to a friendly against Austral

"

June 20, 2019

Swiss Ismaili confirmed dead in swimming accident

 

The body of Florijana Ismaili was recovered from Lake Zurich today, two days after the Swiss midfielder was enjoying a day of rest before tackling training in the lead up to a friendly against Australia in the shadows of the Nations Cup.

 

The 24-year-old went missing on the lake after not resurfacing from a dive off a rental boat. The captain of the Young Boys club in Bern played over thirty matches for the national side.

 

“We are dismayed, shocked and very, very much in pain,” the Swiss football federation stated, offering condolences to all those affected by the passing of Ismaili.

 

The timing could not be worse, as Switzerland are in preparation for the Nations Cup, a mini-World Cup arranged by Global Futbol since the women’s game came into the fold and away from FIFA.

 

Before the news was confirmed, Young Boys had posted on Twitter a video of support from the men’s squad in which the players formed the shape of a heart. No doubt in the coming days, more messages of support will filter through as not only Swiss players but those from around the globe come to terms with the loss.

 

Global Futbol has requested for all remaining friendlies prior to the Nations Cup to be cancelled in honour of Ismaili and her family. Time will tell which friendlies will be called off, and how much of an effect this will happen when the Nations Cup arrives.



© 2019 Steve Clark


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

20 Views
Added on September 8, 2019
Last Updated on September 8, 2019

Global Futbol 2019


Author

Steve Clark
Steve Clark

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia



About
A free spirited educator who dabbles in the art of writing novels and articles. more..

Writing