Chapter 2

Chapter 2

A Chapter by Broken Wings

Chapter 2 Hopes pov

After I had been running for awhile I found myself at a nice stream and decided to cool off before it got too late to do so. I quickly striped off my clothes and jumped in.

"Oh Michael...." I sighed to myself.

As soon as I started rinsing off I heard a rustle in the trees. "Michael? Is that you?"

"Huh?!" And then I heard a thud "ugh that hurt..." There I saw a young man laying on the ground holding his head. At first I felt bad but then I realized, was he watching me bathe?!

"What were you doing?!" I growled at him

"N-nothing I sw-swear!" He stuttered

"Then what are you doing here?" I questioned him

"I heard the running water and I've been wandering for a few days now and I thought it would be nice to bathe, but I see this spot is already taken..." He turned red

"Okay well what's your name stranger?"

"I'm August..." He finally stood up. He looked to be around 6'1". He had shaggy black hair that was a bit longer than Michael's and these beautiful purple eyes. "And your name?" The fact that he was staring right at me made me blush.

"I-I'm Hope..." I stuttered.

"We'll here Hope...." He picked my cloak up off of the ground and handed it to me. I grabbed it from his hand and told him to close his eyes as I stepped out from the water.

I used my cloak to dry myself off and then I got dressed just as fast telling him to open his eyes as soon as I had the cloak wrapped around myself. He gave me a kind smile and asked "So Hope what are you doing out here?"

I looked at him with an eyebrow raised, "And you're interested in me because?"

"I was just wondering." He said with an innocent face that reminded me of a puppy's.

"I'm here to find the queen. She has my parents and I'm going to get them back." I started walking back the way I came.

"Wait! Where are you going?" He ran to catch up with me.

"Back to my partner." I stated simply

"You have a boyfriend then?" He asked somewhat disappointed

"I didn't say he was my boyfriend just my partner in crime. He's helping me with the queen." I kept walking.

"Can I help too?" I stopped straight in my tracks and looked at him as the words spilled from his mouth

"Can you use a sword?" I asked him

"I'm okay with one." August replied simply

"Just how okay?" I unsheathed my sword that was slung over my back. August just stood there staring at me, "C'mon. You gonna fight pretty boy?" I winked at him

"I can't fight you." He said

"And why not?" I stood there glaring at him with my hands placed firmly on my hips.

"Well your a girl; you're weak."

"What did you say?!" I shouted as I ran straight at him holding my sword to his neck I whispered in his ear, "Do you still think I'm weak pretty boy?"

"N-no..." August stuttered.

"Well good." I put my sword back on my back and walked away, "are just going to stand there or are you coming with?" As soon as I said that the homeless boy was by my side.

"I think you'll make a great addition to our team August."


© 2013 Broken Wings


Author's Note

Broken Wings
Your reviews would be appreciated! :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
Added on March 12, 2013
Last Updated on March 12, 2013


Author

Broken Wings
Broken Wings

Minot , ND



About
Hey umm I'm courtney. I'm one of those that no matter how many times you tell her she's pretty she won't believe it. Well on here no one knows me so I can put my heart out there. I feel music, writing.. more..

Writing