Chapter 2-1

Chapter 2-1

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 2-1



*  * * *

 


Glen catches her as she begins to fall, and then helps her back to the wagon as she watched the staff turn into a magnificent tree asleep waiting for spring. It was done as the weight lifted from her shoulders. Glen waited for them all to get back into the wagon. “Alright, folks now let's see how our little present was received with the locals,” Glen said as he smiles back and nods to Jaydan and Aunty M to cover everyone with a proactive shield.


Martha turned her head, “Glen who did we piss off?” She asked.


Glen laughed not answering flicks the reigns. Melee giggled. “Ask Betty she made them a promise and grandmothers never go back on their promises.”


Betty grinned thinking about the tree. “Yes sir, Glen I believe we really pissed them off.


“Who grandma who?” The boys asked.


“Yu'll see...” She said and blushed. “Have you boys ever seen a mad lizard?” Grandma asked as she giggles.


“No grandma we haven’t,” the boys replied.


“Well, you're about to and half frozen to I bet,” rubbing Richard's knee. Ma could see little grass huts up ahead and something that looked like people were scurrying all about as they started running and shouting angrily towards them. Ma and the girl's faces turning white when seeing these weren't people at all but Lizards with claws, with swords trying to kill them.


Glen stopped the wagons stood glowing white with Jaydan next to him. “I am the master of the light.” Glen cried out as he summoned his staff. “You will not harm me or my people no longer, for your race has done more harm in the shadow across the lands in many solar systems. I have come to put an end too it and of its kind,” he shouted out. Glen raised his staff as the light filled the entire valley.


Aunty M raised her staff walking among them. “Children of the spawn of darkness I free thee and give you peace once more. Mother of the beast I free thee from the grasp of darkness and give you life once more. Fire I cleanse thee and clothe thee once more. Arise my children of the light arise seek no longer the shadow. For he is no longer among you.” Blackness cries out as Margaret flashes her pure white light.


Glen once more nods then stands before them, “I give you a new land, and shed your skin once more and leave you this warning,” pointing to the few he left behind.


Jaydan waved his staff of gold as they transform and shed their Lizard skin. Except for the leaders of the pack. Jaydan points to the lizards scurrying among the rocks towards the mountain. “You I leave for the message and warning for those that seek to turn back.” He replied as they watched them shrink to two inches high as they scurry on the rocks.


Wayne carefully picks up two by their tail, placed them in cages. “Here you go boy's pets,” as he laughed.


Jaydan rubs their hair. “I think the'll like that.”


“Thanks, Pa. but what about EJ Pa?” They asked.


Jaydan laughed as he answered. “Bowden got something special just for him a gift from Morgan.” Whispering in their ears, “a couple of mice,” the boys giggled. “Well, it was such a shame to break up the set,” Jaydan laughing himself, thinking of the two guards.


“Now then, Melee I think we can go shopping now,” sitting back down in the wagon flicking the reigns. Ma turned back at all the stunned people standing in the middle of town and little lizards running up the hillside.


Glen said very calmly. “They'll be alright when the weather thaws in the spring, Ma nature will keep an eye on them so they won't starve or freeze to death. I too made her a promise you know like grandma here.”


“Yes Sir Glen,” Wayne replied slapping him on the back. “We sure pissed them off.”


“It’s not over yet,” Glen said as Wayne laughed, “Wait until the other side hears what just happened.”


Wayne stops laughing, Kollie put his arm around him. “Look at this way, one less race to contend with and we put it back in the light where it belongs,” he said.


“I realize that,” Wayne said looking under the seat where his son EJ is still sleeping. “It’s just what happens when he finds out that bothers me and who's going to tell him,” he asks.


Glen laughed as they went passed the new tree that grandma planted. “Wayne the message has been already sent,” as he pointed to that tree. “Now then next stop Ternvel Market Street. You can wake your boy now Wayne we are safe enough, Doc's already been through there last I heard and they are nice folks.”


Martha turned sharply. “What do you mean Doc's been there?” She asks as Glen laughs as Kollie bust’s a gut.


Jaydan does the honors as Melee leaned over giving Glen a kiss on the cheek. EJ slowly opens his eyes as they begin to pull into town. Jaydan took a deep breath smelling the air. “Yep, it looks like Kollie my friend you got so more work to do here as well.”


Wayne laughs slapping him on the back, “never a dull moment.”


EJ lifts his head over Pa's shoulder laughing at Will and Robert as they slowly re- transform then looked at Pa watching his face transform. “Pa something's wrong can you feel it?” EJ asked.


Glen stops at the edge of town Jaydan and Glen stand up. “Melee take the reigns,” he asked handing them over to her. Aunty M hair flowed red as fire and her eyes turn to hot amber of gold as she climbs out of the wagon. A loud rumbling is heard with screams of the dead and the smell of rotting bodies. Shadows are moving in the street, there is a sickly thick feeling of death as a black fog covered the hills valley. “Boys I think we have a problem,” Glen shouts back into the wagon. “It's worse than I had imagined.”


Margaret saw the dark figure first dressed in a long dark robe walking towards them. “O my!” Margaret said swallows hard.


Wayne I think we need to leave,” Glen not looking back summons his staff with a bright light around them all for protection.


The figure laughed mildly waving his hand as their protection dissolves around them. “So we meet again at last my old friend after all this time.” The figure said as Margaret places her shield around them watching it burst into nothingness. Jaydan pointed his golden staff at the figure as the figure laughed with lightning bolts shooting out from his hand and spreading around him as they seem not to touch him.


Melee took the reigns tried to turn the wagon around, but the wheels were frozen to the ground as black roots surfaced holding them in place. The girls digging into Pa's arm as the figure draws closer. Wayne summoned his staff points it at the ground towards the wheels, freeing the wagons as Melee turns it with all her might with the others behind her. Glen shouted to the horses. “Go like the wind fella's.” Jaydan taking his staff waving it high above them as he twirls lifting the wagons off the rough ground of roots trying to hold them as Melee opened a gate closing it behind with bright light and a magical kiss.......



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Looks like we are finally having some on-screen action for this story. Very exciting! The interactions are still great, and I look forward to seeing how this all culminates.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 4 Years Ago


Shep

4 Years Ago

Thanks for the review

Yea just a small taste to wet your appetite not too worry the.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

67 Views
1 Review
Added on February 22, 2019
Last Updated on January 25, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep