Chapter 3-1

Chapter 3-1

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 3-1



* * * * *

 


Glen taking the reins once more of the wagon as they quickly galloped down the road, smiles as he leaned over to his wife Melee. “Thanks, dear,” giving her a kiss on the cheek. “Now then you mind telling me where we are heading?” He asked.


“To get some help from some old friends.”


Glen saw an old farmhouse up the road a few miles with two men and their wives picking apples off the trees. Glen laughed nearly busting a gut seeing their faces. Melee waved over to them as Glen slowed the wagon down. “Well, I'll be,” Glen jumping down from the wagon giving each of his two sons a great big bear hug.


“Orayon, Daygan meet the Downing's and the Whitmore's,” Being a little surprised to see their Father alive, and their mother who they thought had been dead for over 3000 years or so. So many questions they wanted to ask, but with these people, they didn’t know they weren’t sure if they could ask or trust them. They have been in hiding in secret ever since they learned of their father’s death. Yet it all so meant that seeing their parents after all this time meant the rumors were true, and Morgan their brother was indeed up to no good.


“Please to meet you,” Kollie said shaking their hand, Wayne giving Glen a careful glance.


“It's all right Wayne you have nothing to fear from them.” Melee laughed taking Wayne by the arm, “they are one of us.” Wayne takes a good look feeling the light and truth surrounds them and nods.


EJ gives Pa a whisper in his ear, that's it all right and a warm smile. “Pa we do need to move off the road, I don't like it here and it feels very angry and there something not far away.”


Wayne lifted EJ up on his shoulders from the wagon. “Glad to meet ya, but my boy here says we need to get somewhere a lot safer,” Wayne giving Glen quick glance.


“Boys sorry too rush things a bit, with so many unanswered questions,” Melee said taking the lead. “But we are kinda in a spot of trouble.”


“I see.” Orayon, Daygan replied as their eyes locked.


Martha taking Glen arm, “can't we just go back to the farm?” She asked.


Glen replied. “Yes and no Martha that's point EJ and you folks need sometimes down here to regain some that strength back. If he goes back there now the way he is he'll never be strong enough to leave and to survive.


"His body and yours need time to adjust as ours don't…” However, he didn’t mention that he and Melee just felt a large tremor in their realm and their own essence was starting to feel the effects. He wobbled a little, having Wayne catch him, having excuses away that he fell into a hole.


“The rest of us are tired, but not that tired Glen,” Martha said.


“I realize that trust me, give or take couple more hours yours will begin to feel just like he does. That's why we need to find you some safety and some food. Orayon we do need to hurry, we ran into some trouble as Melee said.”


Glen paused looking back down the road watching the sky darken further down the road as the shadows grew more intense. “Our old friend is back and these folks need be hidden before he gets here.”


“My boy’s right when he says we don't have much time standing on this road,” Wayne butts in pointing to the looming clouds in the distance.


Melee puts her hands on her hips. “Men,” Jib jabbing like we have all day. What my husband and they are trying to say is our old friend Hess is back their boys, now let's get to it?” She yelled pushing everyone back to the wagons.


“HOW?” Orayon, Daygan replied watched their faces panic in pure horror.


“This is no times for storytelling,” Melee said giving each a hard stare pointing at the sky and down the road.


“Yes ma’am,” They replied watching them hop, whistling for their staffs and wives taking their wands sending the apples to the back of the wagon. The boys take the reigns, “If you don't mind Pa, we'll drive.”


“Please, by all means,” Glen and Jaydan hoping in the back with the rest of the boys. Orayon stands looking back giving his brother a nod and one to his wife in the third wagon. “Alright, folks hang on tight…. Yaw, Yaw.”


Flicking the reign hard standing with reigns in one hand and the staff in the other, with a hard gallop and shrill whistle, large trail of white starlight surrounded the wheels of the wagons as they are lifted into the air.


Higher and higher they went until they were above the clouds themselves. Martha and the girls were afraid to look down as the air pushed them along. The boys thought it was cool as they hung their heads over the sides and tried to touch a passing cloud as Orayon laughed looking back at them.


Martha's voice shook trying not to look down, “so where are we going if I may ask?”


Melee said. “Someplace amazing my dear and no this too is forbidden for it is the birthplace of nature and right now she a little bit pissed off. After what I just saw back there or she will be when I tell her the news.”


Martha was beginning to worry about her boys and Jess at the farm when she said it. Melee pats her hand. “Nothing will happen to your boys and your baby at the farm dear. Her sister will watch them for her,” She replied as gently as she could. Melee smiles taking Glen's hands, “It's the other three I am worried about.”


Martha nearly went into a shock of panic when she said it. But Glen was right as she begun to watch Will and Robert next to EJ. They look beat and were catching up to EJ state very quickly falling asleep against him.


Wayne just nodded with his eyes as he held all three boys close to him, one in his lap one on each side. Martha looks in the next wagon where Jaydan and the Whitmore's are, Rena, nods back as she too watched her three boys sleeping as they travel.


Martha knew Julie and Anna would be next to follow as she leaned them close to her one on each shoulder with a kiss on their heads. She whispers, “sleep my darlings it's alright if you can't keep your eyes open,” she replied with a mothers love.


“Thanks, Ma, I am just so tired.” They replied


“I know my darlings,” She said feeling it weigh on her.


Melee whispers as she pats Martha's knee. “Your body's can only take so much without sleep and rest. That is why we needed you all to come,” Melee nodding to Wayne. “Your little ones are sleeping at the farm so you have nothing to worry about. Ma nature, Tina and Drealin filled their belles rocked them gently to sleep.


“Now stop worrying my dears you would know that by that heart around your neck. She replied as she touches Martha’s heart that EJ gave her and Wayne’s... 


“Close your eyes,” Melee taking Martha and Wayne's hand. “Now think of each of your children. Can you see them?” Martha can feel the little heart around her neck glow warm with love. Then standing in each of the boy's rooms of the farm, she walked the hall looking in seeing Sam, Danny and Ted all in the same bed fast asleep.


In the corner, Tina sat in the chair watching over them with the baby in the crib. She looks up and smiles seeing Martha and Wayne transparent figures in the room. She puts her fingers to her lip, “SHHH, they are sleeping my dear. I told you we'd take care of them.”


Sir Drealin walked into the room seeing Wayne. “Sir tell Jaydan and Glen not to go to back to the main camp they have moved and don't go to New Downing.”


Wayne nods whispering, “thanks.”


“Sir you look beat, get some rest we got it here.”


“Thanks, Captain all do that,” Wayne said as Martha made the rounds to each of the boys giving them each kiss's even though they couldn’t feel it, and went over to the crib giving one to Jess.


With a soft tear Martha, whispers thank you too, Tina and look out the window whispers back. “Thank you Ma Nature,” as they both take his hands and return.


Wayne and Martha open their eyes with tears as they look at their little sleeping family beside them. “Thank you, Glen, thank you Melee.” Martha yawns, “O my.” Pats Wayne on the knee whispered. “I love you dear,” before she drifted off to sleep.


Orayon looked in back of the wagon at sleeping families slows the horse's down over the golden edge of the sky of dawns of stars. Took a small flute from his pocket he played a wind song melody.


Glen and Melee watched with amazement as the stars themselves seem to come to life. The stars form a gate in the sky and the clouds revile a Milky Way starlight road. Orayon laughed. “Well, you said hidden Ma, this best I can do.”


Melee smiles taking her husband hand. “Don't sweat the small stuff,” leans up to kiss his cheek.


“Melee dear, this not small stuff… this goes way beyond small stuff.”


“Yes dear, now behave yourself and let these boys do their job.”


Orayon stops at the gate and climbed down from the wagon taking his staff and taps the door five times. A man with a yellow beard and greenish silver gown steps out looks at the two men and the wagons with all the people in them. Orayon whispered in his ear as his face went white looked back at the wagons once more. “Glen, Melee, this is Jasper the keeper of the gate for the worlds were about to enter.”


Jasper leans over. “Is he the boy we're protecting?” Pointing to EJ… Glen and Melee nod. “I see so it’s true then prophesy he has come back?”


Glen looks back again at the sleeping families. “Which one are you referring to?” He asked.


“Exactly,” Jasper replied. “Well, then best get everyone inside because she is in one of her moods.”


“Oohh I was afraid of that.” Melee whispered when she glanced back at her husband. Jasper carefully closed the door checking and replaced alignment of the stars around the door with a simple wave then reseals the door tight.


It was night here, the moon high in the sky over the little town known as Bristol Village to some or another name in which we can not be spoken here. The air is fresh and clean, fresh dew drops were just falling on the sweet green grass. It wasn't a large village as it surrounds two small lakes with little wooden boats in the harbor.


Some of the houses had thatch patch worked roofs, others with little bamboo lined side by side. It had a small market with average size shops with little food carts out in front and some on the sides of the ramps of the lake themselves. On the hills, you could smell the cherry blossom in the air.


They slowly glided down the street to one of the large country roads down the lane not far from the village. Jasper opens the large wooden gate to his small estate; sending a runner to the main house. Glen slowly gives Wayne and Martha a little nudge to wake them. “Were here,” He said as Martha yawned looking around as the wagon slowly brought them to the main house.


Wayne and Martha nudge each of the children with a soft kiss. “Alright, everyone, I know you’re very tired and you should be.” Glen said standing on the front porch. ”But we have arrived at our destination. Not the one I was planning on,” as he glanced at Melee and Orayon. “But this where we need to stop, for now, Wayne, Kollie you may have to carry your boys into the house. Jaydan and the rest of us will help with womenfolk.” Glen said as he watched Jasper return with his servants.


Jasper comes back out of the house with three servants. “Folks my name is Jasper and your rooms are ready,” passing another note to the runner to the guard house.


“Yes, sir,” watching him run down the walk.


“I'll have food brought up to your rooms.” He replied as Wayne hops out of the wagon nearly falling over with Jaydan catching him.


“Easy Wayne,” Jaydan replied.


“More tired then I thought,” Wayne said holding himself up by the end of the wagon. Wayne watched Kollie. Noticing that he wasn't doing any better as Orayon tries too steady him.


“Second thought,” Jaydan said taking Wayne's arm. “I'll carry you, my friend.”


Wayne tries to laugh and looks at Martha as she just gives him a hard nod. Wayne sighs, “alright, but next time it’s my turn.”


Jaydan laughed, “Deal... shall we?” Putting Wayne’s arm around him to give him some support; Jaydan and Wayne slowly followed everyone up the stairs. The boys Will and Robert being carried in right behind their sisters with EJ right in front of Ma where she could see him with his head leaning against Melee’s shoulder.


Glen helping Richard almost carrying him, Jasper had the four boys in the same room with a guard posted inside the room and outside of the door and one guard standing near the window in the room. Grandma and her two sisters in another room… 
Putting Aunt M next to them with Ma and Pa across the hall with Rena and Kollie next to them with their three boys across the hall from them.


The beds were made of stuffed soft feathers as they each lay them comfortably on them. Melee and Glen help the children prepare for bed as if they were their parents; giving them a soft kiss on the cheek fluffing their pillows behind their heads.


Aunty M pacing the floor still mad as Glen and Melee knock on the door. “You should be in bed dear,” Melee replied turning down the bed for her.”


“I can't not knowing what's going on back at the farm,” Aunty M replied.


Glen put his hand on her shoulder. “Margaret those little ones could not be any safer, and in fact, they are safer there than we are at this very moment. Ma nature is watching them and her sisters. If there is a problem they'd be here in two shakes of a lamb’s tail so quit worrying…. Martha and Wayne checked in on them a few hours ago they were just fine.”


“How?” Aunty M asked staring at Melee and Glen with her hands on her hips.


“Through EJ's glass heart, it is tied to all the children where ever they are, Ma nature's gift to them,” Glen said with a heavy sigh.


“But he's my nephew, how come….” Aunty M swallows hard.


Melee put her arm around her. “Margaret times a coming dear when you must walk in those new shoes of yours and leave your old life behind. Nathaniel had chosen his path a long time ago just like you do now. You are now the Lady of the Light that lights the way of lost souls, the taker and giver of life, just like he was at one time. That door is closing as their aunt… Soon you must walk your path. Let them be as things are meant to be without you.”


Aunty M staring down at the floor, “it’s just so hard,” she said looked towards the boy's rooms.


“I know dear,” Melee said giving her a kiss on the cheek. “But for now you are just their nanny and she is Danny and EJ's mother. That's why she was given that gift so she can watch over them.”


“Well, I still think it is unfair even for his grandmother not knowing either.”


“Oh but she does dear, every day, not the same way as Martha, but she knows when there is something wrong… Now put your mind at ease and get some rest we have a big day tomorrow; unless you feel like helping feed a few children?” Melee asked.


“I thought you would never ask....”



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Another interesting chapter. Very interesting to see these characters interact off one another, and it seems like we are still in a state of setting things up. Looking forward to when things start going crazy!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 4 Years Ago


Shep

4 Years Ago

Thanks for the review and crazy is just around the corner.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

62 Views
1 Review
Added on February 22, 2019
Last Updated on January 25, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep