The Ring of Justice  Part 1

The Ring of Justice Part 1

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 139

The Ring of Justice

Part 1


For the moment our competition had 17 boys all them trouble makers in some way. Some I knew personally being Shawn’s friends and have been bulling me, my friends, ever since I moved in with the Rothwell’s. The other not so much, yet what I have heard from the boys that have chosen to challenge their demons that have been just as mean, just as spiteful and just as arrogant. All of them were bad news and had been for a very long time. I knew if we lost or couldn’t cut the mustard they would still be a thorn in all our cat paws. So we pushed each other. If one of us even thought about quilting or dropping out because of how hard our Hulks worked us. That life as we know it would be nothing more than saying we failed.


In some ways, I cursed Dad for even placing that bet because now the weight had been intensified on all of our shoulders. Yet the odds of us winning was not in our favor considering most if not all our competitors were all jocks either in wrestling, football or basketball or all three. There was the exception that did participate in swimming, Gymnastics, karate, and kickboxing, so when it is said and done we were evenly matched. Mostly because some of our team didn’t play any sports period, and those were the boys I was concerned about being eaten alive by our hulks and in the ring if they survive basic training.


Yet there was a good side or an edge if you could call it that. Our bullies have to go through the same basic training as we do, meaning we would both equally tired and sore, and both had to survive or go home. I wanted my chance, to rip those boys to pieces for a very long time. This time it will be in public, it will be fair and not one-sided. So we pushed and so we sweated and we cheered for each other as we worked side by side until we made it through the toughest and roughest torture we have ever been in our entire lives. By the end of our basic training, none of our boys quit. Every time they thought about it all they had to think about was how many times they were bullied and it brought the hatred back, putting that fire back inside our bellies.


However, the other team didn’t favor as well ending with 10 boys out of 17 that didn’t cut the mustard. Mr. Brady would come and tell us that another one bits the dust, boosting our spirits. At last, the time came as we took our place inside the gym, not the main gym where we would be fighting, but a smaller gym where would hold gym classes or wrestling training exercises. Closed off from the public, closed off to the other team; it was now time to learn a few moves that were not in any manual.


Mr. Brady or better known as Coach Brady being in charge of the Jr. and Senior wrestling team paced before us as he tells each one of us how proud he was us for not giving in to the temptation to quit because how hard he pushed us. Instead, he called us men, not boys; he called his underdogs, his pride and joy, his cream of the crop that has risen to the top. He called his champions.


He said. “Today my kittens have grown; today they have the right to be called “Cats,” fieriest tigress cats when they look into your eyes tonight in that ring they, we shutter, they will quake at their knees. Hell, they will piss their diapers. Today is the day my young Cats for ripping their hearts out, clawing the flesh off their bones, today you will stand up and say no more. Forever in their minds they, we will see you as a threat. I have asked a lot of you, and you have proven that you are worthy to be in our ring of justice. Now it is time to show them who you are. Men teach them how to kill. Teach them how to growl. Teach them how to fight, and most of all teach them how to win.”


One by one we broke off into partners and were taught the basics for those that have never in their life wrestled before; those that had were treated to a course of dirty tricks that are on the board line of illegal and unsanctioned, as we practiced them with each other. As they instructed that it was our turn to teach them the meaning of bullying when they were done with two hours until two hours before the match.


Mr. Brady pulled out a new bag of tricks, as he brought in 5 tattoo artists from the local area. They were told to paint us in the fieriest tigress cats known to man. So when we go into that ring the only image they see is their worst nightmare. Not the boys they have been pushing around, he wants them to see nothing but fear. Our team name was the Mighty Black Panthers. One of the most dangerous cats alive.


Outside of our Gymnasium, you could hear students setting up for the big match of justice We weren’t allowed to be in our public’s eye or to be seen by our competition. Only ones that were allowed in were our parents and family to wish us luck as they stood around us taking pictures of our tattoos painted on our bodies. Normally we would be dressed in wrestling gear for a competition such as this, but this wasn’t a normal competition. This was a chance to prove to ourselves and too our bullies that we are done being pushed around. It was bare chest’ ed, barefoot wrestling hand to hand combat. Neither side would have the advantage of knowing who has wrestled before other than gym class. Today it was David going up against Goliath.


Even our cheerleaders were dressed as cats with ears, whiskers, and tails in their cheerleader uniforms. Coach Brady gave the parents a five-minute call to find their seats as he had our hulks open a box that had an extra surprise. I don’t know how he managed it so quickly unless he had been planning it from the get-go as he gave us each a robe with our new team name the Mighty Black Panther’s, in red writing with each of our names on them. Our robes were black as night with a picture of a panther on the back outlined in red the only white was our belt that tied around our waist.


Our school is known as the Caveman’s with our school colors red, black and white the same color, but not restricted too as our tattoos were painted in stripes on our arms, legs, and chest as well as our back. On our faces were cat faces with our main color that matched our stripes, either in Yellow, orange, gray, black, red or white. Even our hair had been dyed to match our stripes. Today we were our own team's none of the teams were using our school identity. I was painted in orange and black stripes and my hair was also carried the stripes of a tiger.


Man, I wish I still had a picture of what we looked like because we looked awesome. But that too was burned by my father stating the fact it was immoral to be seen in public rolling on a mat with boys only in pair of gym shorts. Stating wrestling should be outlawed with boxing, swimming, and gymnastics. Any sport that shows off the human naked body period in his opinion should be band.


None of the paint would be coming off so easily being sweat and water resistance. The only way it was coming off is with alcohol-based soap and moisturizer cream. He handed us each two bottles of lotion that when applied to our skin. Our skin would glisten and have the advantage in the ring making it harder for the other team to get a grip on us, as we slip through their fingers. Was it illegal and against rules probably, but so was fighting on school property, and betting. No one was going to care as long as we gave them a good show for their money.


The moment the band started up was our cue to come out and take our places. We stood at the doors on one side of the gymnasium with our challengers entering from the other side. The place was packed according to our parents and family, the school halls around the gym were decorated with posters of each of our teams in equal proportions, wishing us good luck. From the hallway were vendors selling anywhere from hot dogs, hamburgers popcorn, nachos, and homemade pizza as well as baked goods and t-shirts and game items. Most of the money earned was going to be donated to help our victims and our school.


We waited as our team was called one name at a time, as the ringmaster said with a drum roll and a trumpet fan fair. “Ladies and Gentleman, boys and Girls… may, I welcome into our ring of justice. The mighty Aggressors of American Fork High School.” Calling out each name listed on the roster. Listen to the crowd cheer for their favorites or their parents standing up yelling at them to wipe the mat with us, others were booing. The ringmaster restating “ Our first young Aggressor weighing 145 pounds a grade point average 1.4, unlikely to graduate, known as to some the swirly master of the school, the class clown with no laughs. No other than “Todd Franks” (generic name.) Each name was called, and each name was listed what they are known for as a school bully.


Then it was our turn as the ringmaster said when he finished the introductions of other teams. The ringmaster said with the same drum roll and a trumpet fan fair. “Ladies and Gentleman, boys and Girls… may, I welcome into our ring of justice. Our underdogs, our challenger’s, our cream of the crop, the best of the best, the meanest, and the bravest our school has ever known to walk these halls; The Mighty, Mighty Black Panthers of American Fork High School.


“Our first young panther weighing 155 pounds all muscle, has a grade point average 4.0, swim champion 1984. Kickboxing champion 3 times running, 1st and 2nd place in freshman wrestling, winning the 1984 gymnastic bronze medallion, has one so many ribbons and metals the coaches here call him the general, lady killer extraordinaire; no other than Eric T Rothwell.” I quickly take my place on the right side of the ringmaster with the other team on his left, wearing generic robes with nothing on them other than their name screen printed on the back and no body paint.


One by one the ringmaster calls our name as the crowd goes wild as we take our places in the order we been called, each achievement big or small is listed as the crowd works its self into a frenzy, Jody, Kerry and my brothers shouting, “that’s my brother.”


Jody grabs a paper cone and yells. “My brother is going to eat you up like a chicken nugget and dip you in barbecue sauce.” I blush beneath all the paint and wanting to hide under the bleachers. As each name is called until all 12 of us stood at the right side of the ringmaster; true it seemed it was one-sided as our achievements and grade point averages didn’t even compare to the other team as they glared at us.


The crowd cheered and whistled as the other side booed telling us to go home to our mommies. We were directed to our corners of the gym as the six hulks were being introduced as they took their places in the guest’s seats and other distinguished guests, most likely members of the local school board and other coaches from other high schools and here. And our major sponsors that have put up large sums of cash or donated items for this event. All that was important to us was our competition, and not making fools out of ourselves as we listen to the rules of the match to determine the winner.


The rules were simple, we were given three chances to pin each other. The first one to achieve that moves on to the next round. Until we are either eliminated or placed into the final 5 spots for the grand prize. Each person would be given a chance to wrestle each member of the team in a grudge match. To earn the points needed to move on to the next round. The one with most points or pins will compete for the final five spots of the competition. Then those 5 members of each team that have not been eliminated will compete for the grand prize that has been agreed upon according to the said agreement they have signed previous to the competition.


The ringmaster read the rules of each of the agreements. Having many of the other team parents and friends shout how it was unfair and unconstitutional. Having the head of the school board come forward and say. “So is bullying other students, so is disrupting class for other students, so is vandalizing school and public and private property and so is criminal behavior like bring, drugs, alcohol, and weapons into our schools. It is a known fact that kids that display this kind of behavior are most likely either end up in prison or end up dead, or become members of a gang and become predators on our streets.


“They have been given a chance to prove themselves here today too either become model citizens or face the consequences. Not be a reward for bad behavior. You as parents have been given a warning many times over the previous school years. Yet you have done nothing. Now as a member of the school board it is our job make sure that our schools are safe, or classes are a place of learning. And as the Mayor of this town has directed me to do is either fix the problem or he will enforce mandates or restrictions upon you or the law to seek justice for the crimes committed… or both. Either way, you either correct the problem or we will. If you have a legit reason why your son here today should be shown leniency, you may present your case after the match.” No one dared come forward, but there was enough grumbling in the crowd that said if it didn’t go their way trouble was on the horizon.



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on May 20, 2019
Last Updated on February 8, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep