Labor Day Confession  Part 1

Labor Day Confession Part 1

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 141

Labor Day Confession

Part 1

 


I thought I would start this chapter regarding how Labor Day was started and how and how it became a holiday. So pardon the dictionary quote.



* * *

 


Labor Day in the United States is a holiday celebrated on the first Monday in September. It is a celebration of the American labor movement and is dedicated to the social and economic achievements of workers. It constitutes a yearly national tribute to the contributions workers have made to the strength, prosperity, and well-being of their country.


In 1882, Matthew Maguire, a machinist, first proposed the holiday while serving as secretary of the CLU (Central Labor Union) of New York. Others argue that it was first proposed by Peter J. McGuire of the American Federation of Labor in May 1882, after witnessing the annual Labor Day festival held in Toronto, Canada. Oregon was the first state to make it a holiday on February 21, 1887. By the time it became a federal holiday.


In 1894, thirty states officially celebrated Labor Day. Following the deaths of a number of workers at the hands of the U.S. military and U.S. Marshals during the Pullman Strike, the United States Congress unanimously voted to approve rush legislation that made Labor Day a national holiday; President Grover Cleveland signed it into law a mere six days after the end of the strike.


The September date originally chosen by the CLU of New York and observed by many of the nation's trade unions for the past several years was selected rather than the more widespread International Workers' Day because Cleveland was concerned that observance of the latter would be associated with the nascent Communist, Syndicalism and Anarchist movements that, though distinct from one another, had rallied to commemorate the Hay market Affair in International Workers' Day. All U.S. states, the District of Columbia, and the territories have made it a statutory holiday.



* * *

 


With that being said Labor Day was anything but another way saying I was going to be working in some form or another. I turned in my paper first thing to Mrs. Hothner as she quickly opened my crisp typed paper that she had asked the class to have turned next Wednesday. She didn’t say anything other than the fact she was proud of me that I didn’t like coasting through her class as most students would if given the chance. She asked if she could read it and I nodded and took my seat. Adam rolled his eyes and whispered over to me and said. “You are such a brown nosier.” I smiled and shrugged my shoulders.


Mrs. Hothner called the roll and collected everyone’s homework considering the paper wasn’t due until next Wednesday. She said “I would like to read Eric’s paper that he has turned into me moments ago. I don’t know how he found the time, with his training for the big match yesterday. He is either a work alcoholic. Or person with lots of time on his hands or goes without sleep;”


Having Adam state; “that they are both true except for having time on his hands. That he would know considering they are staying at his house until there house livable again.”


Mrs. Hothner said. “Thanks for the input Adam; I had a feeling that was the case, but thanks for the clarification. Anyway, I thought that you all needed to know what I am looking for.”


She quickly went through it showing how my paper was set up from the title page and numbered with references and footnotes were I had taken quotes from various history books. Then showing them a list of where I had taken them from so she could easily look them up. There was only four so it wasn’t a big deal to me; using most of my thoughts and experiences. And using the books I used was for mostly as fluff to point me in the general direction. “Once again,” she said. “I didn’t ask for footnotes or references, because I haven’t covered that portion in our class and we would be going over that for your term paper at the end worth 50% of your total grade as listed in the syllabus.” I heard coughs of brown nosier.


I didn’t care because like I said before, fate always has it in for me. I rather be prepared than unprepared. She continued on said. “I am not expecting that you have them, but the ones that do would be getting extra credit.”


When she said it, I felt a nice chill going through me. I liked the words extra credit. Because it added up to more nuts inside my tree like if I bomb a spelling or grammar test it would pull me out of the hole I was in. Or I missed school for any reason. There were countless things that could happen including Sparky eating my homework. She began reading my paper then when finished said. “This is what I am looking for class. So if have any questions please see me after class or call on Eric.”


Having Adam say “He won’t be available due too he’ll be on holiday and out of town.”


Having Mrs. Hothner state; “in that case class, you are out of luck, but the library will be open and the type room over the long weekend.” Again hearing the boys cough brown nosier. We continued our exercises and went on too our next classes. I would have turned in the second paper to Adams Dad for social studies but I wasn’t Superman. I had barely made it through half the book of “How to win friends and influence people.” A very dry book, that it took several times reading the same page before I would nod off or get interrupted.


So all I could do was turn in my homework with Adams. His father was a little surprised knowing personally I didn’t have the time nor did Adam. We both shrugged our shoulders, as his was handwritten and mine was typed. Either way, it was for extra credit because we had been excused from our week’s homework from our classes to get ready for the big match.


He took it anyway, but unlike Mrs. Hothner he didn’t make a big deal out of it just added to the pile. Telling Adam to make sure he behaved himself and minded my mother. He quickly gave Adam I hug as his next class came in and we went merrily on our way to lunch finding my friends and having the whole lunchroom cheer for us.


I once again wanted to climb under the table. Yet I took the applause for my team and my friends. I hated the extra attention when I felt I really didn’t deserve it. Yet what could I say that I won because Jake Olson quit because he found out that I hadn’t raped his little brother, unlikely?


In fact, I didn’t say anything as Jake made his way over to our table and took the empty seat next to me. While everyone in the lunch gasped including my friends. Jake shrugged his shoulders as he focused on his food letting everyone think what they liked. When everyone went about his business he leaned over and said. “I asked my little brother if it was Shawn that raped him. He cried in my arms almost all night afraid because Shawn and his friends were going to kill him for thinking he told on him. I can’t believe how stupid I was and I am really, really sorry. I’ll go away if you want me too but no else will let me sit by them.”


He started to get up and I told him he could stay, I said as I cringed when I said. “I forgive you, but if you ever accuse me or my friends of doing that to another person. I’ll rip you apart limb by limb.” I saw the fear in his eyes and smiled said. “Just kidding you be dead first,” and laughed like an insane person. I put my arm around him and introduced him to our little gang of misfits. They gave a week little smile, but went on trust… figuring if I trusted him they could, for I had the biggest reason to hate the kid.


Jake Olsen was the kind of guy some would say the class clown, the bully other kids feared the moment he walked in his path; mostly because it used to be true, but now he was turning over a new leaf. Now they feared him because of how big he was. Reaching the height  7 feet 5 inches with shoulders that could be overlooked as refrigerator, used to be on the football team but was kicked off for poor sportsmanship and coach Brady took him under his wing and was about to give up hope because he couldn’t put his anger aside.


Even most girls feared him being hulk size including his steely blue eyes that when they looked at you they said I am going to kill you. Even his brown hair was a mess as if he had never seen a comb before. 


He had a face only a mother could love or could be confused as the incredible Hulk expect for his not so green skin. He could bench press 350 pounds without breaking a sweat. And could out eat any of our horses, let's just say Mom never had to worry about leftover’s because when he came to my house there wasn’t any.


He’d been held back three times and making him one of the oldest graduating students that would graduate this year being almost 19 by the time he graduates. Most students would have been sent to reform school or kicked out on the streets. But not Jake; he had some pull with the school board with his father being on the council.


This was his last chance according to him that his Dad wasn’t about to take any more flack for him; after last night throwing in the towel and then finding out all this time that they had been lied too from the start. He either straightened up and flies right or gets the hell out and finds out what the cold world had installed for him. He apologized over and over again telling all of us how Shawn brought him into their circle of friends only so they could have the meanest, biggest, toughest kid in the school to back them up.


Only to come and find out they weren’t really his friends they just wanted him because he was a dumb animal and if they could get to him they could get to his little brother and blame it on me and my friends and he would take his rage on us. Now that he knows they laughed and spit in his face telling him they saved a piece of his brother’s a*s for him. Telling him how sweet it was and he didn’t once suspect that it was them the whole freaking time.


He pounded the table making our trays bounce. Causing Mr. Brady to come over and ask if he was bothering us and if he was he’d deal with it. I shook my head no and so did everyone else I asked if his parents know about it.


He said. “They do now. One of the reasons I am still here and not in reform school. They told me if I didn’t man up and take the chance of a clean slate and apologize. I would be by next week. Shipped off to military school so far away that I’d be lucky if I didn’t get frostbite,”


I asked if Coach Brady knew, he shook his head no. I told him. “He might go easy on you if you did.” He shook his head no that if told him about his brother being raped he would tell the whole world. I said. “I trust him, my adoptive parents trust him. He knows our darkest secrets. He knows that Shawn raped my three brothers and he knows that Shawn made sure that his friends raped his sister Jody so bad she could never have children. He knows everything.” I whispered his ear that I was nudist and my family were all nudist, every one of my friends here knows that.


He said. “I knew it, I didn’t believe it, but now you are lying to me? Nudists don’t really live here, not in Highland and certainly not in Utah.” I smiled asked them as I whispered down the row having then raise their hands that they knew everything. He counted each of our hands and blushed because he could imagine the girls naked. He confirmed when whispered. “So you all get naked including the girls?”


I nodded. “And we have wild hot sex all the time,” I asked Christy and Samantha if we had hot sex after the game in the tub.


She giggled and said. “Of course we did silly, but if we had the time we would have played around the world and spider love.”


Christy said. “Most of all dip you boys in chocolate sauce and whip-cream,” licking their lips as they looked at us. Jake shook his head thinking it was all a lie. So I invited him to my house after swim practice then remained myself my mother would be there waiting.


I cringed then said. “Any of girls want to give Jake here a quick tour of the janitors closest.” They smiled and came around the table and whispered in his ear. He nodded I said. “It could all be yours if you are willing to make the effort.”


I nodded my eyes to coach Brady. I watched him swallow hard, having him ask me if I and my friends really trust him. I nodded and said. “He signed a contract stating that our lifestyle was our lifestyle and would keep all of our secrets.” He swallowed hard and nodded I quickly left the table and brought Coach Brady back and said, “Jake here has something he would like to get off his chest. Regard Shawn and I told him he could trust you.”


Coach took him and was about to leave the lunchroom until Jake said he would prefer if I went with him considering the nature of the conversation.


Coach sighed as he raised his eyebrows. But agreed as we quickly went to his office; I never saw such giant shake in fear of such a little guy as coach Brady. I watched as he looked at the clock noticing we had about 15 minutes left before lunch ended.


Coach said. “Come on boy, I am mad as hell and you’re the source of my anger.” Jake swallowed blurted it out quick like a runaway train. That coach had to sit down and have him slow down. When he did his eyes bounced from me to Jake and then wiped his face with his hand. “So let me get this straight? You wanted to kill Eric and his friends for raping your little brother because your little bother told you that it was Eric and his friends that did it. And if he said anything that it wasn’t Shawn and his friends said, they would kill him and his family.”


Jake nodded and started crying. “That he didn’t know if it was true until last night when I told him during our match.”


Coach wiped his face and stared into a blank space. Then looked back at us and said. “So all this time you have been thinking it was true. Because you didn’t think Shawn wouldn't lie to you, because Eric was just some foster kid that wouldn’t be staying long because foster kids are stupid animals and the Rothwell’s usually believe whatever Shawn tells them because foster kids can’t be trusted.”


Jake nodded. As coach handed him a box of Kleenexes, he asked the same question I did if his parents knew the truth? He nodded and said “that’s why he is still here. If wasn’t true he be in military school by next week,”


Coached asked, “so have they apologized to the Rothwell’s?”


Jake said. “Hell no, my Mom and Dad said they deserve it because of what had Shawn done and they didn’t stop it instead they did nothing.”


Coach groaned as he said. “Well son, I don’t know what to say. Considering how you and you’re so called friends started this feud with the help of Crawford. If what you are telling me he is responsible and sending out soldiers to do his dirty work.


“You got some work to do, but nothing that you can’t handle to be able too to get that clean slate as promised. I just can’t wave a magic wand and say look he sorry please go easy on the poor lad when your grades are in the toilet. And every kid that you have bullied would have my head on a stick if I announce you have come clean.


“No son, you are going to have to prove that, there is nothing I can do on that score. But once you prove it to me that you are sorry and willing to buckle down and really work hard. Most of all I want you to go to the Rothwell’s after school and tell them. Providing Eric here doesn’t decide he rather rips you apart limb by limb for all the hurt and trouble you caused.”


I shook my head said. “There has been enough blood and violence coach. My Mom and Dad have taught me that I should forgive the people that want to be forgiven, not make it so they can live their lives thinking they can’t ever be forgiven. 


“I have enough demons of my own and I right now I am not looking forward to another weekend where I go home to my mother's house having to beat the crap out of my father if tries to kill me like he did last time I was home.” Jake looked at me as if I had gone insane. What father in their right mind would want to kill their own child? I had to be joking punish them with a belt now and then or ground them.


Coach said. “I know son, and I am sorry that your father feels the needed to do that, because your life is not what he believes in, among other things.” He didn’t want to divulge too much to Jake in case he was just trying to put on a show. The bell rang and I groaned because I hated gym class and I hated seminary. Yet I had promised Jake a quick tour of the Janitor closet.


I stood and Jake stood I quickly said. “Coach the girls and I promised Jake here a quick tour of the Janitor’s closet. If he would come clean and tell you everything he had told me and my friends. Providing you wouldn’t mind if we were a tad late for class today?” Coach didn’t need me to clarify what I meant. Because he knew what was what regarding the closet.


He nodded and said. “Twenty minutes. Then you boys better hustle to the pool and are ready to swim some laps for being tardy.” We both said yes sir, and quickly made a quick detour to the closet.


I knocked first having Samantha open the door slightly and said. “We were getting to wonder if you boys changed your minds.” I quickly pushed Jake inside the closet and locked the door. He stood there gasping at two very beautiful girls and both didn’t have a stitch on before he noticed Adam completely naked, Jake stood there gasping.


I said. “Go on Jake, we only have 20 minutes, not a whole lot time to get acquainted. This Samantha and her friend Fran you have already have met Adam.” 


He looked at me said. “I never have been with a girl before.” Samantha came closer and helped him off with his shirt and placed his hands on her breasts and pushed him against the wall and kissed him.


Within minutes he had not only kissed a girl and had his first breast, but he had also one doing him orally. I waited until he was dressed again, as Samantha was just finishing off her brother. I said. “Come on big boy, coach said twenty minutes now kiss the girl’s goodbye. Now you know we nudist keep our promises. I’d introduce to a lot more than just a sample, but like coach said you got to earn it first.”


He stopped and said. “Just one more kiss?” The girls came closer, but he shook his head and pulled Adam closer. Adam said. “Please tell me you’re not gay? Because I really, really want to lick you like an ice cream cone and dip you in a whole bucket of chocolate.” Jake kissed him and the kisses grew deeper then either of us expected. When they both released they both moaned and wobbled.


Jake said. “No, I just wanted to see what it was like ever since I saw you kiss Eric the other day after class.”


Adam said. “And?”


Jake pulled me to him and took off my glasses and handed them to Adam. He kissed me wrapping his arms around me when he released me he licked his lips and kissed each of the girls. He was on cloud nine as he floated through the hallway, to our gym lockers he quickly found an empty one next to ours and stripped down completely naked. Adam smiled when he got a very good look at Jake's penis and noticed the hair on his chest and back as well his legs, It wasn’t as dark as Adams was, but sure was a lot of it and I could have sworn that they had been brothers with the same giant cobras, pointing the way.



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

29 Views
Added on May 20, 2019
Last Updated on February 8, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep