The Ring of Justice  Part 2

The Ring of Justice Part 2

A Chapter by Shep

Chapter 139-1

The Ring of Justice

Part 2

 


The Gym was dived into 3 rings being 38' by 38', with a min 28' per wrestling circle, basically, 3 rings placed directly in the middle allowing 6 teammates to wrestle at the same time. We were given a bucket with a number on it and that matching number was the person we would be wrestling during the first period. The problem was that we had 12 members compared to their ten; so two of us that had the highest number of points would choose to sit out during the first period until all wrestlers of the team with the most players are now ready to be entered into the second period.


After the second period has ended the player with the highest points will face off until there are only 3 players per team until they are down two players with the highest points for the pre-final elimination before the big and final match too determine the winner. Coach Brady would then take the four players with the highest score and the winner of the big match and invite them to join the school wrestling team. That was from our team, he wasn’t offering the same deal to the other team. They would have to work their way back in before he would allow them to join the team again.


Normally the wrestlers were dividing into weight classes to determine the order. This was not. This was a grudge match or fight to the death, just that simple. The only rules that were important to us were winning the most pins and eliminating the other team’s numbers. To make it simple 3 pins would during a match places you into the next ring to face off with different teammate. Two pins would be the second person placed in the next round. 1 pin the third round until all players have wrestled or if scored no pins it meant automatic elimination.


Compared to their team they had a lot too loose, and they also had a lot gain by winning according to the agreements we have all signed. It didn’t matter so much if we lost we were still winners and we would still walk away knowing at the end of the day we did ourselves and our school proud. They on the other hand if they won any of the five spots would be given the chance to redeem themselves and walk away with a chance for a clean slate. But not be put on the team roster until then


I knew the stakes more than anyone because Mom and Dad would be very disappointed in me if I didn’t least make one of the five spots. Not only would I let them down I would let my friends down and the people that are counting on me to win. True the money raised would go to the victims of last night’s vandalism. I knew that not all the money that was bet on my behalf was on a side bet. Dad was counting on me to win the bet at all cost not only for him but for his friends. Again I felt the weight on my shoulder get heavier.


One thing I had learned about bullies was they get angry quite easily and when that happens they lose their focus. I knew that because I had grown up with the biggest bully of them all and it was my father. I smiled when my mother made her way into the gym as my Dad moved over making room for her and my brother. She and Aaron waved at me when Dad told them which player I was being the one in the black and orange stripes. I cringed when I saw her; adding another person on my list that would be disappointed in me if I lost and cringed and again noticing Greg, and his family, as well as the Kenly’s and Stringum and Dave as Dave, took a seat next Jody as she sat next to Kerry and her husband waving to me. The list just kept getting bigger.


Yet the problem I was having besides the disappointment was I really didn’t want to win, nor did I want to end up in those five spots for the wrestling team. Yet Dad had already told me up front he would “very much” like me to consider being on the wrestling team, which means he was ordering me to do it. No ifs or maybes about it.


Have I mentioned how I hated sports? I hated the pressure; I hated the idea of being beat up or me beating upon another person. Because I have always done my best to not be like my father. Wrestling was just one step down from football and on the board line of kickboxing being a contact sport. I liked swimming because it was all me and I liked gymnastics because of all the cool tricks I could do.


Both were all about me and neither involved of these two sports meant someone beating the crap out me by someone else or me beating upon them, or chasing a pointless ball from one end to the field or gym being basketball. Baseball was ok, but it too had its drawbacks as an excitement factor being at a 2. Sitting out in the hot sun with the sun in your eyes or standing in the middle of the field praying that ball doesn’t even come near me or I strike out at the plate. I never had this problem with the Fry’s, the Steeds or the Downing’s. They all knew and accepted the fact that sports just wasn’t my cup of tea.


The Rothwell’s, however, was big on all sports, and the only two main reasons I had chosen Kick Boxing and Gymnastics. Was it gave me the fighting skills I needed to protect myself from my parents and bullies. Swimming was the only thing I enjoyed because it was a non-aggressive sport that kept me in shape and the same with gymnastics. Both had challenges as challenges go and it was freeing me of my Eskimo suit. It was the hardest thing for me to do being comfortable in my own skin. Now it’s not even a problem more so because being raised as a nudist over the last three years. I could no doubt strip down naked, right here in the gym in front of the entire gym full of people and not even blink an eye or blush.


Yet I had to give it to my adoptive parents when it came to supporting me any of my events they were always there for me. Today wasn’t any different as they held signs up that said. “Go Tiger” the moment I stepped into the ring for my first match. I calmed my self removing my robe strapped on the headgear as I walked into the ring and got into position. The moment my challenger stepped into the ring and readied himself, I gave him my best tiger stare and roared loudly smiling when he stepped back a couple of steps, questioning my sanity.


When we danced trying to get a hold of each other he said. “You are going down looser.”


I growled. “Not today.” As I power drive him as I lowered my left shoulder just enough taking my right hand in between his legs and flipped him over my back and twisted my back towards taking my right arm bring it down across his chest as we fell to the mat. Knocking the air out of his lungs and pinned him as the ref slapped the mat; called one point to me, as my challenger grew angry catching his breath. I watched as the board on the wall registered my 1st point.


I readied myself as we played with our hands as he tried to grab onto me losing his grip, but I caught his left arm and turning my back to him as he reaches around with the other to hoist me only to have me slip through. I hooked his right leg and pulled it out from underneath him, having him fall back onto his back. This time he was trying to lock my head into vice grip; giving me access to his right ankle as he tried to flip me onto my back. I gave it a quick lick, having him lose control altogether.


I grabbed his right leg and pushed it back with my full weight and pinned him, earning my 2nd point. He grew even anger when he told the ref I licked his ankle that point shouldn’t count and I should be disqualified. Having the ref state according to the rule book there is nothing about licking or body parts coming in contact with our mouths being illegal. Asking him if wants to continue or if wants to quit.


I knew there was no rule because the hulks told me there wasn’t when he said. “It’s not your fault if there leg, foot, arm or hand come in contact with your mouth.” I waited for him to ready himself trying to decide to either let him gain one point before I take him out. He made the decision for me as he called me a f*g it and how he and his friends really had a good time shitting on Adams bed last night.


I growled letting my anger boil as I dove for the right spot just below his stomach. I taped my feet bending my legs for a spring loaded jump; grabbing his arms as I flipped forwards with my head in his stomach. Moving my hands up into his armpit as the gravity took over as we both fell to the mat, with my legs and feet coming up in between his head as I sat squarely onto his chest; Knocking the air out of him completely as he bounced then lay flatly unable to move; shocking the hell out of him and everyone, except my kickboxing coach or my gymnastics coach, winning my 3rd point and ending my turn as I wait for my next match. Adam, West, and Hank looked at me as if they never saw me before then said. “That was so Bruce lee awesome.” I shrugged my shoulders and cursed myself for letting the anger get the best of me.


So far my five friends and I were leading in the points the other boys on our team either had two points or one point. Other teams still looked good, but they two were suffering. More so my last opponent after that last match as I watched him hug his stomach and rib-cage. I had to admit I was a little hard on him, but having me tell me he was in on the vandalism and his friends gave me the motivation I needed to rip them apart.


The first period ended reducing the other team down to 8 members, three of their members had been eliminated and 5 of ours. For the moment we both have 8 members on each of our teams. Adam, Ron, Stan, Charlie as well as West and Hank and boy I didn’t know and me. Were the only ones left on our team? The ones that had been eliminated never had wrestled before except in gym class. Everyone gave them a round of applause and we told them to hang their heads high. Even the two members of the other team were eliminated with applause to show good sportsmanship.


The third match would be one of the toughest matches because all of us had wrestling experience in some degree. But only three of us would be only ones entering the pre-final elimination. If you only had 1 pin and others had 2 or 3, that meant you were eliminated. If no pins it was automatic elimination.


Once again no matter how tired and sore I was. It was up to me to carry our team being it was my fault in the first place for putting us into this position. If Dad and I never made that bet none of us would have been here. Yet because of my training and my experience of being in a kickboxing ring and wrestling; I made it to the pre-final elimination, with Adam and West. Watching my other three friends being eliminated and so were Hank, Stan, and Charlie.


But Coach welcomed them on to his wrestling team even though he only had 5 spots open. They were good wrestlers and talented. He said it would be stupid not added them to the roster; losing two more of his main wrestlers not wanting to take the deal of a chance to earn a clean slate. Stating clearly they weren’t going to go to school with a bunch of pathetic losers such as us. Coach tried to get them to reconsider, but they refused and so did their parents as they spit at his feet stating we cheated and the deal made was unfair from the beginning.


Coach tried to tell them that it was a fair deal and the matches were legit. None of the referee’s had been paid; none of them had any knowledge of the contracts signed by each player. Having the parents argue that the matches were rigged from the beginning, Hearing them yell to the school board that they wanted coach Brady fired for cheating. Yet the parents and their student that had been eliminated on our opposing team weren’t interested in anything they had to say or the proof that it was all legit, pointing out that they watched the same match as they did. How can they say that it was not a fair match?


The only ones that weren’t complaining were the parents and their boys on our team, even though they too have been eliminated the same as the opposing team. They were good sports about it and were very proud of their boys, even though they didn’t win a spot on the high school wrestling team. Or were contenders for the bigger prizes that were on the table. No one went home empty-handed, not even our opposing team, all them that competed earned the opportunity at a chance of a clean slate. The fighting ended by having them kicked out of the gym so the matches could go on.


The third match was brutal as everyone was on their feet pushing us to take each other down. We were all tired, we were all sore as we battled in a daze until one of us won. I hated to watch my best friends become eliminated as they dragged their tired feet off the mat into their parent's arms telling them it was ok they had done their best and they were proud of us. I wished I was one of those boys as West, and I remained with three pins each going into the fourth period before the final match. One of us would be going through and I hoped it would be West.


We both looked forward to a nice long break before the final match; giving the band and our cheerleaders a chance to impress their parents as we took a rest as they cleared the gym floor for the final matches with one gigantic circle. Having our parents give us encouragement and tell us how proud they were of us, as well as all my coaches. While we rested, I could feel the ground spinning out of control as if I was on some carnival ride.


I could hear my heart pounding inside my head as they placed a cold towel on my head as Mom and Jody dabbed my feverous skin, while my mother held my head in her lap brushing my coarse painted hair. My skin itched from the paint, and the sweat. I wanted to tell them I was done, wanting to beg them to let me quit. The moment I thought about and looked into Mom and Dads face, I couldn’t, I didn’t have the heart to say it.


Coach told them it was time for them to take their seats, closing the locker room door behind them. He stood in front of all of us even though they have been eliminated and said. “Men, you have given me more then I could ever hope for, I am proud to be your coach, I am proud of the fact that you have made it this far. I know you wanted to give up and throw in the towel but you didn’t. You made me, your parents and your school proud.


“Eric, West I know you are tired and, sore and beat up. But I promise you the moment you step into that ring for the last time. It will feel like you are on top of the world. There you find your strength, your courage, and your destiny. Win or lose you are the cream of the crop, you are the best of the best and the bravest to walk these halls. You are not the boys I once knew, you are men, you are my champions, and you are my heroes. I want you to know how proud I am of you how proud I am of each of you boys. I am proud to be your coach.


“When you go out there I want you to hang your heads high knowing that. I want you boys to cheer for them. I want you to give them the strength they needed to bring it home. I promise you that the rewards outweigh anything I can even give you. You will have the courage to face anything in your life, you will have the strength to stand up for what is right. You will be hero’s too many here because you took down their Goliath's and turned them into mincemeat. Now go out there and show them that you mean business, put them in their place for the very last time.”


I wobbled to my feet as my team rallied around me and walked me and West out to meet our awaiting fans. Man, I wanted to quit, I wanted to go home and never come out of my room, feeling the weight on my shoulders. Wondering why I was here, why did I have to be so good facing my demons. West went first after winning the draw. The fourth matched would be timed the one with the most pins out of three by the time 10 min clock ran out would win the match.


I cringed as I watched him get pined and it was a hard and nasty one. I yelled. “You can do it, beat that foul beast.” The next pin was his as it became a tie. The next one he was down again as he limped with two pins against him, but I watched him dig deep. I soon learned it was a fake out as his opponent went for it and West flipped him so fast it surprised his opponent and us. It was now two to two. The next pin would be the elimination. Both of them just as tired, both of them just a sore; only one of them could win a spot in the final match. I cringed as they rolled as they both had come closes, but not quite making it. The clock ran out leaving a tie; which meant they were both in the final round; requiring 4 pins within 20 minutes. It was now my turn.


I took my place on the mat circling my prey I pictured my prey as if he was father like I do every time I get into the ring. I could feel the hatred; I could feel my blood boiling. I could see the whites of his eyes as we circled. I watched as he dives for my legs and ankles. It was like watching it in slow motion as I somersaulted over his back. Landing in the opposite direction as my opponent, we circled again.


This time once again he dove for me as I moved out of his way dogging him. I was wearing him down and making him angry. I kept one eye on the clock, the other on him. I waited until he gripped me asking him a low growl if he really had anything to do with last night. He growled back. “What difference does make f*g it if I was there?” He reached me for me again and this time he had me, but I had him too. We rolled to the ground trading places like playing leapfrog.


I said. “Makes a big difference to me,” in his ear as we rolled.


This time I had him in a half nelson, he growled. “No, I wasn’t there, Not after the first time when I vandalized your house with my father and his father butchered your animals making me paint those horrible symbols on your walls. But he was, he was there,” Pointing to my next opponent providing I win this fight; “and he had been more than happy to do it.”


I nodded and said. “Then for me to get to him I have too beat you is that what you're telling me?”


He growled. “Yes, and I am sorry. But can you please make it look good. I don’t want to look like I am throwing the match. I won’t bother you or your friends again. I am out and mean out. I don’t want anything to do with them anymore.” I nodded and we agreed as I let him pin me.


We fought back and forth trading pins until the clock was almost down to the last minute. He said. “Do it.” knowing that he was choosing to be eliminated with three pins to my four. I quickly flipped him over grabbing both legs and tucked his arm into position that if I lost my grip or he let go we go into overtime until either of us had 4 pins. I slipped and he quickly re-grabbed my hand before it slipped, leaned back and waited for the ref to give me the last point.


I whispered too West that he better win so I could get a piece of him. I pointed too my would be opponent. Telling him he was one of the ones responsible for vandalizing my home and our friend’s home. That’s all I needed to say gave me a knuckle bump knowing if I didn’t beat him he would. I watched as he fought his last match it was quick and over in minutes as if the other guy had given up.


Yet I had not realized in the end West and I had the same amount of points on the board. All I cared about was getting revenge; I had felt I had earned it. Every time I think about all my animal friends slaughtered by his hand I wanted to kill him. I stepped into the ring and as I shook my sore stiff muscles moved my neck around as the ringmaster gave us the rules. I didn’t care about the rules, I wanted him dead. The second the bell rang I growled angrily telling him. “I know what you did.” He looked at me and his friends.


Then smiled said, “I have been waiting for a very long time to take you down the moment Shawn said you raped my little brother.”


I gasped and missed a step and by that time he had me on the ground. I rolled only to be pined. I cursed myself for losing focus and calm myself down. We circled and came in closes and said. “For your information, Shawn lied to you, not once have I raped anyone, not once have I ever even thought about doing that to anyone.”


He growled back. “Liar, you did it and Arthur did and so did your foster bother Kelly, during UEA weekend and have been doing it ever since.” I gasped lost myself thinking and then it dawned on me I wasn’t even home. I was spending that time in the hospital recovering from sleep deprivation.


I circled said. “I wasn’t even home I was cooped up in the hospital.”


I watched his face as he looked at me and really looked at me.


He asked. “But he said you were left home alone and your foster parents were out those days tending to some relative of theirs. While my brother was having a sleepover at your house.” I locked onto him around the waist and brought him down on his knees as he fought me. I had him right where I wanted him.


I said in his ear “Rothwell’s relatives live too far away, like two or three 1,000 miles. They came home every night. Didn’t they?” He looked at me and he looked over at his friends and he gave in. as I wrestled him to the floor. I pinned him, giving me my first pin.


When he got up he said “I quit.” walking off the floor. His parents yelled for him to get back into the ring. But he left the gym closing the door behind him.


Referees were in a huddle with the coaches as they were going over the rule book. The problem they were having was the three of us had the same amount points. One opponent left on our challenger team and two on ours. He laughed as he looked at them and us. Neither of us could fight. I have beaten my opponent by default and they had tied with West and his opponent making it so I couldn’t beat him unless West didn’t. It took them thirty minutes to come out with a verdict who would win the match.


The three of us stood in the circle as the ringmaster said. “After a long debate, we have come to a decision that this match is a draw,” which meant all three of us won the match and they couldn’t ask West or me to fight against each other being on the same team. Nor could they eliminate the last person on their team, being they had ended in the match in a tie.


The crowd went crazy as some yelled and complained about the decision. But the decision was final. I wasn’t in the mood for celebrating, as I fell to my knees exhausted and hurt and angry so angry all I could do is see Shawn’s face in my tears. He started this mess. If wasn’t for him none of this would have ever happened.


My animal friends wouldn’t have been brutally slaughter. Jody might have never been raped. Mom and Dad held me in their arms congratulating me. But the truth was there was nothing to celebrate. I didn’t really win the match it was a draw. If it was a normal match we would have had to go into double overtime until one of us had more points then the other. None of us wanted that. We didn’t have the strength or a reason to so verdict stood.



© 2020 Shep


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

31 Views
Added on May 20, 2019
Last Updated on February 8, 2020


Author

Shep
Shep

Santaquin, UT



About
Updated January 17, 2020 In short I am a Male 52 years of age and Permanently Disabled due to a car accident and suffer from seizures and Sever PTSD. So I have a lot of time on my hands. One of .. more..

Writing
StarLight StarLight

A Book by Shep


StarLight Poem StarLight Poem

A Chapter by Shep


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Shep