Chapter 8- Jax Is Sort Of Like A Bull In A China Shop

Chapter 8- Jax Is Sort Of Like A Bull In A China Shop

A Chapter by Ace D Portgas

The scene changes over to Jax and he is surrounded by four members of Skymon’s Gang. Jax makes the first move. He jumps high in the air and when he comes down slams both fist into the pavement so hard that his arms are submerged into the concrete. The four men laugh.

 

Gang Member #1: “This guy thinks he can cause earthquakes and s**t.”

 

Gang Member #3: “Yeah what the hell was that supposed to do? You’re pretty strong to be able to punch your arms into the street like that but so what? Anybody can beat the ground up.”

 

Gang Member #2: “Guys leave him alone, he’s not going to kick our a*s, let him beat the street up so he can feel good about himself.”

 

Jax: “You don’t know how good I’m about to feel”

 

He rips out his arms out of the ground revealing giant slabs of concrete, metal, and debris attached to each arm and he bangs his fist together compacting the concrete and debris together to form gauntlet like weapons around his arms. Jax has a grin on his face. The four men are awe struck and stare in amazement at what they just seen. One of the men tries to say something.

 

Gang Member #2: “What…the…hell…a…a..ar....are… y..”

 

Before he can finish Jax gives him a hard right with his giant concrete arm sending the man flying across the street and clean through the side of the car. The man’s lifeless body has ripped through the car metal and he is laying on the inside of the car with half of his body hanging out a now shattered passenger window. He’s completely still and shows no signs of life.

 

Jax (smiling): “And THAT’S how we treat em”

 

The rest of the men stare at each other with looks of sheer terror. They panic and reach for their guns; they each have Sub Machine Guns and begin to let a barrage of bullets fly. Jax cross his arms, defending himself by letting the huge slabs of concrete and metal debris block the bullets. Once he hears the firing stop Jax dashes over to one of the men and slams both of his fist together on each side of the man’s head, so hard that his gauntlets shatter. The man drops to his knees in a state of unconsciousness and Jax gives him a thunderous kick to the chest and sends him flying into one of the the other men who were trying to reload. There was just one man left, he had fell back on his a*s and was in frenzy because his gun had jammed. The lone gang member was on his knees frantically trying to get his gun to work.

 

Jax: “Face me like a man! P*****s these days, reaching for a gun.”

 

Gang Member: “Somebody save me!”

 

Jax: “Ain’t anybody getting saved today! When people ask me to save them, I arrive on the scene and smack the s**t out of them for being weak, then I kick everybody’s a*s on the scene without giving a damn what’s going on.”

 

Gang Member (thinking): “This guy is a maniac”

 

Jax begins to crack a smile, amused by his own ridiculous antics; he then proceeds to walk towards the lone gunman who’s trying to get his gun to un-jam. Jax continues his rant while making his way over to the terrified gang member.

 

Jax: “Look at you, sad and crying cause your toy broke. What the hell anyway? Guns are outdated and rare in this time anyway.”

 

Jax rips the gun from the man’s hand and smashes the gun against the ground. The lone Skymon member is paralyzed with fear and before he can react Jax grabs him by his shirt and lifts him off the ground.

 

Jax: “Why wasn’t I invited to this party?”

 

Skymon Member:  “ack…bee (gasping for air).

 

Jax:  “Huh? I can’t understand that s**t!”

 

Jax slams the man into the ground out of frustration. The man coughs up blood while trying to utter something under his breath, but he is still mumbling. Jax places his foot on the man’s stomach and presses down

 

Jax: “I still can’t understand!”

 

Skymon Member: “I said your trash! Dodge will take care of you. The Skymon Gang is the truth, anybody who tries to oppose gets dealt with. Just (cough) wait”

 

The man is coughing up blood and is using his last breath to taunt Jax.

 

Skymon Member: “Yeah, just (cough) wait, Dodge is a freak like you, he’s going to kick your a*s. If you feel so confident, walk into Club Newgate and go on the second floor. He has the place rented out. It’s full of Skymon gang members. You can’t do a damn thing by yourself.  I SWEAR BY MY NAME TAKASHI HMMM”

 

Jax puts his hand over the gang member’s mouth

 

Jax: “Trash huh?”

 

Just then Jax sees a dump truck nearby, he smiles and looks at Takashi. He then raises his eyebrows consecutively.



© 2011 Ace D Portgas


Author's Note

Ace D Portgas
Writer's Secret: Oh My God, Before This Final Chapter Was Finalized, We Came Up With SO Many Different Ideas

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This chapter was funny! I love Jax even more now! He didn't need back up from Soren after all, but I can't help but worry about Kidd. I think the gang members were stupid to underestimate Jax. I even knew he was strong before this. They were stupid to run their mouths. I can't wait to read on. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Gang Member #2: “Guys leave him alone, he’s not going to kick our a*s, let him beat the street up so he can feel good about himself.”

Perfect :3

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like the usage of gang vernacular, it really brings the story to life! And i like how you can smoothly transition from comedy to fight scene and back again.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Jax has a lot of metal to him, not bad.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Stupid gang member! Jax makes me laugh so much with his tactics and thoughts. I really like the gore and details in this scene, too, which are obviously necessary for fight scenes!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Gang Member #2: “Guys leave him alone, he’s not going to kick our a*s, let him beat the street up so he can feel good about himself.”

BEST. TAUNT. LINE. EVAR.

I would love to point out how descriptive and amazingly gorey the fight scene with Jax and the gang members were. Sure wish we could see more of Soren though D:

Posted 12 Years Ago


I LOVE YOU JAX!!! YOU'RE AMAZING!!! You throw that guy away, no one calls you trash!!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Jax was sweet in this chapter. Great work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Great chapter! Can't wait to read more! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


"And THATS how we treat em'" love that!!! and love jax still!!! moving on...

Posted 12 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

938 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 5, 2011
Last Updated on August 22, 2011
Tags: comics, manga, force, powers, government, humor, comedy, adventure, fourth-wall

So Called Heroes


Author

Ace D Portgas
Ace D Portgas

MI



About
My name is Patrick and I'm currently working on a comic/manga entitled "So Called Heroes". My dream one day is for this to hit the shelves so everyone can get a look at it...Cause I Just Gotta Make It.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ace D Portgas



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..