Chapter 31- Fire And Ice. Why Does That Sound So Familiar?

Chapter 31- Fire And Ice. Why Does That Sound So Familiar?

A Chapter by Ace D Portgas

The scene switches back to Caesar and Myles and the rest of the gang. In front of them is their base on fire and they all have huge sweat-drops on their head when Soren walks up to Myles.

 

Soren: “Myles there is only one person I can think of that would do something like this”

 

Myles: “Sure is. Now all I got to do is see where he actually is.”

 

Soren: “From the looks of it, I would suggest the roof first”

 

Myles: “I’m on my way up there. I’ll signal you guys up when everything is situated. Victoria I want you to stay down here for the time being. Just in case things don’t go as planned I want you to have easy access to get away”

 

Victoria: “Ok”

 

Soren: “Understood”

 

Myles starts walking towards the building and starts to form ice around his hand. Takashi looks terrified.

 

Takashi: “MYLES! Why are you walking towards the fire!? You’re going to burn yourself!”

 

Soren: “Takashi if this person is who I think it is then Myles won’t have to worry. This is simply an illusion”

 

Takashi: “An illusion? If that’s the case then why am I sweating so much?”

 

Jax, Kazuto & Kidd: “Because you lack focus”

 

Takashi: “YOU B******S ARE SWEATING MORE THAN ME”

 

Takashi turns and sees Kidd, Jax and Kazuto dropped to one knee dripping in a pool of sweat gasping for air

 

Kazuto: “Water needed”

 

We next see Myles getting ready to head towards the roof when up top we see a man with a hoody over his head and sweatpants and some nice gym shoes and a little kid who is wrapped in a blanket. They seem to be holding hot dogs on a stick over a small fire. The hooded figure starts to speak

 

Hooded Figure: “You know it must be something about the drywall of the Sunset’s Squad base that adds a little extra flavor. You know Kali”

 

Kali: “Yes…Flavor.”

 

Suddenly Myles appears behind the hooded figure.

 

Myles: “KOJIN! WHY ARE YOU AT MY BASE COOKING HOT DOGS ON THE ROOF?!

 

Kojin takes off his hoody and it’s revealed to be a very handsome tan-skinned man. He looks very similar to Tyki Mikk, with the same skin complexion and hair. (Tyki Mikk is a character from D. Gray-Man)

 

Kojin: “Oooo you’re so sensitive! Myles where is the love? I haven’t seen you in forever”

 

Kojin starts to grin and extends his hand out to Myles. Myles grabs it and Kojin pulls him towards him and starts ruffling Myles hair when Myles jumps back and tries fixing his hair.

 

Myles: “Kojin your always messing around! Can you please get rid of these soul flames?”

 

Kojin: “Myles you know you could get rid of these flames if you were a little bit stronger”

 

Myles has a blank look on his face and Kojin calls him out on it

 

Kojin: “Ha ha! Look that’s the “Maybe if I was a little bit stronger” face. But alright man. Don’t worry. The fire is out”

 

Kojin claps his hands together and all the flames instantly disappear. Myles then signals the rest of the gang to come to the top of the roof. While they are climbing to the top Myles starts talking

 

Myles: “I guess that type of stuff comes natural to you doesn’t it Kojin?”

 

Kojin: “You know what they say Myles. Practice makes perfect.

 

The gang suddenly reaches the top of the roof. Kojin seems to be happy to see them.

 

Kojin: “Jax, Kazuto, Kidd and Soren! Long time no see!”

 

Kojin then notices Takashi. He doesn’t know who he is. All of a sudden Kojin takes two of his fingers and brings them up to his mouth and starts to speak.

 

Kojin: “Demon Hellfire”

 

A dark figure appears in front of Kojin wrapped in flames when suddenly…

 

Soren: “There’s no need to worry Kojin. He’s going to be on our side for now”

 

Suddenly the dark figure disappears and Kojin starts to laugh

 

Kojin: “Aww dang! And I wanted to try one of my strongest attacks out too”

 

Takashi looks wide-eyed

 

Takashi: “WHO THE HELL ARE YOU VEGETA!? USING YOUR STRONGEST ATTACK FROM THE START! AND WHAT DID I EVEN DO TO DESERVE A MOVE OF THAT CALIBER!? THERE WAS SOMEONE WRAPPED IN FLAMES!”

 

Kojin (laughing): “Look my man. I apologize. It was a misunderstanding”

 

Takashi (still wide-eyed): “WHAT KIND OF MISUNDERSTANDING WAS THAT!? I WAS JUST MINDING MY OWN BUSINESS!”

 

Kojin: “What is your name by the way?”

 

Takashi: “But-. I mean Takashi”

 

Kojin: “Nice to meet you Kakashi”

 

Takashi: “It’s Ta, not Ka”

 

Kojin: “Whoops! Well let me introduce you to the youngest sibling in the “Minyan” family, my sister Kali.”

 

Kojin walks Takashi over to where Kali is sitting and introduces himself. Takashi extends his hand.

 

Takashi: “Nice to meet you. I’m Takashi”

 

Kali looks over at Takashi’s hand and then stares at Takashi for about five seconds. Suddenly she closes her eyes and you can see the clouds turning dark and a supernatural force appears in the sky.

 

Kali: “Summoning of the God Veles”

 

Kojin: “Whoa little sis. No need to worry. He is with Myles and them now. Geez you were going to summon something like that?”

 

Kali (looks at Takashi): “I’m…sorry”

 

Takashi: “SORRY WON’T CUT IT! WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT!? AND WHAT WERE YOU PLANNING ON DOING TO ME?!”

 

Takashi is now sweating nervously and starts to faint

 

Kali: “Misunder…standing”

 

Meanwhile Kidd, Jax, and Kazuto are all standing and thinking amongst themselves.

 

Kidd (thinking): “This family is so eager to fight. Poor Butler. It must suck to be so weak”

 

Takashi: “I HEARD THAT YOU B*****D!”

 

Kazuto (thinking): “I wonder how old Kali is now.”

 

Jax (thinking): “Screw this chapter. I didn’t even get a chance to shine”

 

Myles then starts to speak to Kojin.

 

Myles: “Alright Kojin. Now that everyone has introduced themselves, can you tell me why exactly you were here?”

 

Kojin: “Oh yeah! Well really the person I was looking for was Sashimi. I just wanted to go over with you guys about the upcoming tournament”

 



© 2011 Ace D Portgas


Author's Note

Ace D Portgas
Writers Secret: Aside from the main cast, the majority of the characters have names with meanings behind them. You should look them up sometime.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really loved this chapter! It was funny especially the part when Takashi says "WHAT ARE YOU VEGETA?!" That was my favorite line because yeah he reminds me of Vegeta. I also like the part with Jax. "Screw this chapter I didn't get my chance to shine." Listen to your characters make them shine. I still love both Jax and Soren. Takashi just makes this story funny. Great chapter. It was my love.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I honestly think you need to show Soren more, he's my favorite character.

Posted 12 Years Ago


"But-I mean Takashi." HAHA, I totally got that he was going to call himself Butler!!! I like the new characters, and I can tell that Kojin is really close to Myles and the gang, especially when he started ruffling Myles' hair, that was cute! Another great chapter, can't wait to read more!

Posted 12 Years Ago


That was a great chapter, very engaging, interesting, and exciting! I love that Takashi is picked on! I can see his facial expressions through your words! Well done! :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Impressive, I like it... I feel bad for Takashi, being picked on... Keep up with the good work!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really like the introduction of the new characters with their abilities. Poor butler though! And the "Because you lack focus" comment made me laugh. I loved it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
_
Your manga is like my candy, after what seems like years to other people there is finally a new chapter. :) feel bad for them for gods sake i wouldn't care about anything but water right there. anyway you had a few minor mistakes.

Myles: “I’m on my way up there. I’ll signal you guys up when everything is situated. Victoria(,) I want you to stay down here for the time being...

Takashi turns and sees Kidd, Jax and Kazuto dropped to one knee dripping in a pool of sweat gasping for air(.)

The hooded figure starts to speak(.)

Myles has a blank look on his face and Kojin calls him out on it(.)

While they are climbing to the top Myles starts talking(.)

Takashi is now sweating nervously and starts to faint(.)

Heehee great manga, can't wait for more!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

802 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 8, 2011
Last Updated on September 9, 2011
Tags: comics, manga, force, powers, government, humor, comedy, adventure, fourth-wall

So Called Heroes


Author

Ace D Portgas
Ace D Portgas

MI



About
My name is Patrick and I'm currently working on a comic/manga entitled "So Called Heroes". My dream one day is for this to hit the shelves so everyone can get a look at it...Cause I Just Gotta Make It.. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ace D Portgas