Chunnin Exams: Who Will Succeed?

Chunnin Exams: Who Will Succeed?

A Chapter by Rose
"

This is the story of the last three members of the Uchiha clan and their friends from other clans; eg. the Uzumaki clan.

"

Chapter 28 - Chunnin Exams: Who Will Succeed?

 

Lilly walked home, hoping that her brothers, or at least someone, would be home. For once, someone was. Itachi was home and he was at the door to give her a hug, as she walked in.

"How was school little sis?" Itachi questioned.

"Same as always." She shrugged. This was a little strange. Itachi - yet again, nobody - ever wanted to know how her day at school had been.

"What did Iruka teach you today?" Itachi smiled, picking her up, placing her on his back. Now this was really strange.

"Stuff... is something wrong big bro?" Lilly finally asked.

"The Akatsuki is coming after Sasuke and Naruto again. Zack and Cecilia have vanished and nobody knows where they've gone." He finally told her.

"We can't let them get big brother Sasuke or Naruto! We need to find Zack and Cecilia." She sighed. "What if the Akatsuki has already captured them?" She had a very active mind, so always thought of various possibilities for things that had, and were, happening.

"They haven't been captured by the Akatsuki, if they were I would have been informed." Itachi informed her.

"Oh..." She felt a little stupid for having not thought about that.

"Anyway... truthfully sis... tell me, how was school?" Itachi smiled, as he took her bags from her, placing them down in the doorway, before walking off to the village, with her on his back.

"School was fine." She answered.

"What did Iruka tell you today?" Itachi asked, looking up at his sister, smiling.

"About our clan..." She replied, looking up towards the sky, holding on.

"What did he say?" Itachi was curious to know what Iruka had told the class about the Uchiha clan, as well as the Sharingan.

"He just told us about that our clan has a Kekki Genaki. Basically, the Sharingan. He also told us, that anyone with the Mangekyo Sharingan who uses it too much... will go blind..." She sighed, starting to worry about him. She knew he had the Mangekyo Sharingan and she knew he used it a lot. "Are you going blind nii-chan?" She questioned.

"A little..." He truthfully answered. "But don't worry about me." He smiled.

"Iruka-Sensei said that there is a way you can stop from going blind." She said to him.

"And how's that?" Itachi wondered.

"By taking the eyes of a Sharingan user... A sibling..." She told him.

"I won't ever do that." Itachi smiled. "I won't ever take yours - when you get them, and you will - or Sasuke's eyes."

"I know you wouldn't." She smiled, as her stomach gave a slight growl. She hadn't eaten anything today. To be honest, she hadn't been eating much at all.

"Let's go get ramen sis." Itachi chuckled, walking off towards Ichiraku's Ramen.

 

Once they reached Ichiraku's, they weren't surprised to see Naruto there. However, they were more surprised to see all of Team 7 - Sasuke and Kakashi included - there.

"Hey you two!" Naruto shouted. "Kakashi-Sensei is going to buy us all some ramen!"

"Cool." Itachi laughed. "We were just coming to get some as well."

"Yup." Lilly giggled.

"Although... Sasuke... I thought you didn't really like ramen?" Itachi said.

"I don't... but Naruto and everyone else I talk to, says this ramen is good. So I'm going to try it." Sasuke replied, glancing from his older brother, up towards his younger sister. "How was school Lilly?" He smiled.

"Boring..." She plainly replied. "Stuff I already know." She giggled.

"Iruka told the class about our clan." Itachi said to Sasuke and the others.

"I see." Kakashi spoke. For once, he wasn't wearing his mask. "Anything interesting?" He smiled to her.

"Not really." She said, looking down at Itachi, whispering into his ear. "Please don't tell them about it. We'll tell nii-chan later." She smiled, as Itachi nodded.

"Alright sis."

 

After they finished eating their ramen, Sasuke had actually liked it, so the three of them decided that they would go for a walk and spend a little time together, while Naruto headed home.

"So... How was the mission?" Itachi asked his younger brother.

"Fine. Showed Naruto up like always." Sasuke grinned.

"You always do." Lilly giggled.

"So true." Itachi chuckled.

"Anyway, what is the Akatsuki up to nii-chan?" Sasuke questioned his older brother.

"Trying to get the tailed beasts like before." He sighed. "Even you."

"Thought that proposal was a lie." Sasuke sighed.

"It was the only thing I could think of to allow us to get Lilly back." Itachi mentioned.

"Any news nii-chan Sasuke?" Lilly questioned.

"Yeah... Team 7 has been entered into the Chunnin exams."

"Cool. I'm sure the three of you will do great." Itachi smiled.

"Yeah!" Lilly agreed.

"As long as we all work together... We'll be fine." Sasuke smiled. "The first test is coming up soon." He mentioned.

"Then you better be prepared." Lilly smiled.

"Don't worry. We'll make sure he's ready." Itachi grinned.

"Oh great..." Sasuke sarcastically said, rolling his eyes.

"Hey... don't be like that." Itachi said, poking his brother forehead.

"Sorry." Sasuke sighed a little.

"It's fine." Lilly giggled.

 

The three of them walked around the village, just listening to the sounds of all the people in the village talking with each other and being happy. Lilly was humming softly, as both her brothers listened and discussed what Sasuke was excepting to happen in the Chunnin exams.

"Battles... hopefully... and probably one written test." Sasuke shrugged.

"You won't know until it's time." Itachi replied.

"Yeah... Kakashi said in almost a week that it'll be starting."

"Then we should go train. I want to be able to help somehow." Itachi smiled, patting Sasuke on the head.

"Alright big bro. I'd appreciate that." Sasuke smiled.

"Anything for my little bro." Itachi grinned, laughing a little.

"What about me...?" Lilly fake pouted a little.

"We'd not forget about you sis." Sasuke smiled, hugging her softly. "We'd do anything to help you as well."

"Right." Itachi nodded in agreement.

"Thanks. I knew that." Lilly giggled, jumping down of Itachi's back, landing on her feet.

"I know." Itachi smiled kindly. "Why don't we all have a race home?" He suggested. "And to be fair, seeing as she's the youngest, Lilly gets a slight head start."

"Sure!" Sasuke and Lilly both smiled, ready and raring to go.

"Ready...?" Itachi questioned, as both of them nodded. "Right. I'll count to 3 but on 2, Lilly you can go."

"Alright nii-chan." She smiled.

"1..." Itachi said, getting ready to run, as did Sasuke and Lilly. "2..." Lilly ran off, as both brothers grinned, waiting. "3!" Itachi finally said, running off to catch up with their sister, but somehow Sasuke seemed to be just that little bit quicker than him and passed his older brother with ease.

"See you at home nii-chan!" Sasuke called from up front, racing after Lilly.

"Jeez... I'm slowing down." Itachi chuckled, speeding up a little, having not shown his full potential to allow his younger siblings to beat him, at first.

 

By the time the three of them arrived home, Itachi had actually decided to beat his younger siblings, but they had both realised that he had planned that and that he would do it, so everyone was happy and laughing by the time they walked inside.

"Naruto!" Itachi called, making sure he was home, as he should've been. However, there was no reply.

"Hey Naruto! Anyone!" Sasuke tried shouting. Still nothing.

"What's going on?" Lilly questioned.

"I don't know sis" Itachi said, "and I don't like it."

"Where are they all?" Sasuke questioned, having tried to locate anyone's chakra in the house, beside the three of them. Nothing. The only chakra that was around the house was theirs.

"This is strange..." Lilly said, heading into the living room, finding a note on the table. "What's this?" She said to herself.

"A note?" Sasuke walked over, looking at it from over his sister's shoulder.

"I think so." Lilly said.

"Read it out Lilly." Itachi said.

"Alright." Lilly looked down at the note and started to read it out loud: "If you ever want to see anyone again, you will leave the Akatsuki and give us what we're after. Orochimaru and Hanzo are both after something as well. Give us what we want and we won't harm any of your friends. However, the same can't be said for the other two." Lilly gulped a little. It seemed to be that the note was more for Itachi than all three of them.

"Damnit..." Itachi cursed. "I can't let this happen. Not again..." He sighed.

"Again?" Lilly blinked, looking up at him.

"Last time..." Itachi sighed, knowing she would've found out this sooner or later. "Danzo ordered me to kill our clan. He was scared that our clan would seek more power and try take control of the village. However, he had threatened to kill you and Sasuke if I didn't do what I was required too. And everything else I told you basically follows on from this, and has been caused because of Danzo." He admitted.

"So... The Akatsuki has put you in this same situation once again..." Lilly sighed.

"Yes." Itachi sighed, clenching his fists. "But I won't allow them to win. Not like I allowed Danzo to win..."

"What are we going to do?" Sasuke questioned. He wanted to help as much as Lilly did.

"We... aren't going to do anything... I'm going to do it all alone." Itachi sighed, heading out of the room, but Lilly wouldn't let him and grabbed his arm.

"No!" She shouted at him, a few little tears in her eyes. "Not alone!"

"I have to sis..." He said sadly, looking away from her.

"You don't have to big bro." Sasuke corrected. "We can do this together. Our clan was destroyed. Consider this a little revenge." Sasuke smirked.

"Yeah!" Lilly agreed.

"Fine..." Itachi sighed, giving up on arguing with them.

 

*********

 

At the Akatsuki HQ, Naruto and all the others had been imprisoned and had no way of escaping. Even Kakashi couldn't get them out, no matter how hard he tried.

"Nothing is working!" Naruto growled.

"Calm down Naruto!" Sakura sighed, slapping him like she always does.

"Ow... Sakura-chan..." Naruto sighed, rubbing his cheek.

"We need to try figure out what they want." Kiba sighed, petting Akamaru - his dog.

"Well... It could be Naruto." Kakashi suggested.

"Or..." Iruka started to speak. "It could be those three Uchiha members."

"True..." Kakashi agreed. "They are the only ones who aren't captured."

"It can't be JUST them!" Naruto shouted.

"True... Maybe we are just pawns for them." Shikamaru thought. "We're all pieces on a chess board. Right now, we are all the pawns. Sasuke, Itachi and Lilly are some of the higher-up pieces." Shikamaru explained.

"And the Akatsuki is the opposing side..." Asuma interrupted.

"Correct." Shikamaru nodded, sitting in his usual concentration stance.

"So what do we do?" Ino questioned. "Who's all left at the village?"

"Nearly everybody who doesn't know the Uchiha's well... Or who knows about who is a tailed beast..." Shikamaru said to her.

"But most of the village knows who the tailed beast hosts are in our village!" Mei complained.

"Yes they do..." Mammon agreed. "But not all know the Uchiha's as well as all of us..."

"Exactly." Shikamaru nodded. "I mean... how many of us here don't know about at least Sasuke and Itachi, and are friends with them?" Everyone raised there hands.

"I see what you're getting at..." Iruka sighed. "And I know all three well... as does Mammon, Mei and Naruto..."

"That's possibly the reason why. Kakashi knows Itachi but he knows Sasuke more as he is Sasuke sensei. Most of the sensei's here know about Itachi. All of us younger ones have been in class with Sasuke. However, not many of us know about the youngest one... Lilly I believe." Shikamaru continued to explain.

"Yes." Naruto said. "Lilly is the youngest Uchiha. She seems to be quite clever, right Iruka-Sensei?"

"Right. This little kunoichi is just as clever as you Shikamaru and even you Sakura. She doesn't memorise things like you, but she does seem to know a lot. There has only been little things she doesn't know off..." Iruka explained to everyone.

"Like what?" Neji curiously asked.

"She didn't know that people in her clan who use the Mangekyo Sharingan too much will go blind..."

"Even I knew that..." Kakashi said, looking up from his book. "However, it doesn't help that everytime I use the Mangekyo, I experience a brief moment where I can't see out my eye."

"That's the thing Kakashi. The Uchiha's get it worse than you do. Especially seeing that you only have one of the Sharingan eyes and are nothing to do with the Uchiha clan." Asuma sighed.

"Anyway..." Shikamaru cleared his throat, stopping the discussion. "We have to figure out how to escape."

"Right!" Everyone agreed.

"We can't let them fall into the trap." Hinata quietly said.

"You're right Hinata." Naruto grinned at her, which made her go all shy and quiet, as well as blush.

"What's the plan Sensei's?" Neji questioned, looking at the three sensei's - Iruka, Asuma and Kakashi.

"We wait?" Iruka suggested.

"We wait." Kakashi agreed.

"We can't wait..." Asuma sighed. "We have to prevent the three of them coming here. We have to get out of here."

"But how?" Both the other sensei's questioned.

"Diversion... Distraction... Something!" Asuma shouted.

"No..." Shikamaru interrupted. "We wait. It is the best strategy."

 

**********



© 2013 Rose


Author's Note

Rose
If there is anything that you think could be made better; grammar, spelling, ideas, etc. please feel free to leave your ideas and changes in comments please and I will take them into consideration and possible change it to what you suggest. This is kind of a Naruto fan fiction, so anything that relates to Naruto I don't take any credit for those things.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

keep going :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rose

11 Years Ago

Hehe will do

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

494 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 9, 2012
Last Updated on January 16, 2013

The Uchiha's

54

By Rose

55

By Rose

56

By Rose

57

By Rose

58

By Rose

59

By Rose

60

By Rose

61

By Rose

62

By Rose

63

By Rose

64

By Rose

65

By Rose

66

By Rose

67

By Rose

68

By Rose

69

By Rose

70

By Rose


Author

Rose
Rose

Edinburgh, West Lothian, United Kingdom



Writing