Gaara of the Desert: Alive or Dead?

Gaara of the Desert: Alive or Dead?

A Chapter by Rose
"

This is the story of the last three members of the Uchiha clan and their friends from other clans; eg. the Uzumaki clan.

"

 Chapter 27 - Gaara of the Desert: Alive or Dead?

 

As Chiyo transferred the remainder of her life, along with some of Naruto's, to bring Gaara back, everyone was silent. Naruto seemed to be focused on one thing. Gaara. And bringing him back. Gaara was the only one who felt the same pain and suffering that Naruto did, so they understood each other perfectly. Naruto wasn't wanting to lose that.

 

Within a matter of minutes, it worked. Gaara was alive, but unfortunately, Chiyo, was not. Sakura tried to hold back her tears, but it was too much for her. Chiyo had taught her so much about being a medical ninja and being able to help others.

"What happened?" Gaara questioned, slowly sitting up, looking around. Temari and Kankuro came rushing over, once Kakashi had went and told them, and both just hugged Gaara tightly.

"Don't scare us like that again!" Temari said through tears, as Gaara smiled softly.

"I won't."

"Good." Kankuro grinned, for once not wearing his usual clothes and face-paint.

"I have to get back to Konoha..." Sasuke said, heading off, as Kakashi stopped him.

"Why?" The porn reading Sensei questioned.

"I've got to get back to my little sister..." Sasuke sighed.

"Little sister?" Kakashi curiously asked. "I thought only Itachi was the other Uchiha member alive..."

"Nope. We've got a younger sister. She's at the academy." Sasuke explained, sighing. Clearly, neither the Hokage - Tsunade, of the Legendary Sannin - or Iruka, had told Kakashi.

"I see..." Kakashi said. "Then get going." Kakashi smiled, taking out his usual book, walking off.

"Thanks Sensei." Sasuke smiled, and ran off, heading back to Konoha as quickly as he could.

 

*********

 

As soon as Sasuke arrived back, he noticed that something was on fire, and headed to the house quickly, worried about his sister and the others that had been there. The house had been set a blaze, but luckily, everyone that had been in it was alright and not hurt. They had also managed to rescue the important thing that mattered to them. As soon as Sasuke walked over, Lilly started to do hand signs, hoping that it was going to work.

"Water Style: Water Dragon Jutsu." She spoke, as a water dragon appeared, putting out the fire on the house. Everyone was amazed.

"How can you?" Mammon blinked.

"That's amazing!" Zack smiled.

"Well done!" Cecilia smiled, performing the same hand signs, to help out.

 

Slowly, but surely, the fire on the house went out. Everyone sighed, when the fire was gone. But mostly, Sasuke looked at his younger sister, surprised that she could do water jutsu as well as fire.

"When did you learn that jutsu sis?" Sasuke questioned, giving her a hug.

"I learned it from Cecilia..." She sighed, hugging him back.

"Well seems like you can use both fire and water jutsu sis." Sasuke smiled.

"Yup!" She giggled.

"I'll teach you a new jutsu later sis." He said, patting her head.

"Yay!" She smiled. "Thanks nii-chan! I can't wait!" She liked spending time with him.

"Anything for you little sis." Sasuke smiled, heading inside to check that everything was alright and nobody had gotten hurt. Luckily, everyone had gotten out in time, so all that was wrong was the few burn marks over the wallpaper and carpets.

 

*********

 

The next few months seemed to be the same as every other. Sasuke and Naruto would go on a mission with Kakashi and Sakura; Lilly would meet up with Jynx and Michael and head to the academy to be taught more things about the various clans abilities and things she had already been told about; Itachi would vanish for the day - presumably heading to the new Akatsuki HQ - to make it seem like he was still apart of them.

 

What nobody seemed to realise was that neither Orochimaru, nor Akatsuki, nor Hanzo, had made any attempt to get Lilly, Sasuke or Naruto. Which seemed to be slightly strange. Zack and Cecilia both realised this, so both decided to see if they could find out what was going on with them, and more importantly, what they were planning, that was taking so long for them to attack once again.

"We need to find them." Cecilia said.

"Yeah. I can try locate them with my Byakugan." Zack suggested, but Cecilia just shook her head.

"We need to capture someone who is connected to all three... That Zetsu guy seemed to be a key spy." She remembered how Naruto had said he'd been spying on them all at Christmas and how Lilly had told her that he had been watching while she battled with her older brother - just to see how strong she actually was.

"Then let's go." Zack smiled, having his Byakugan activated, heading in the direction of Zetsu's chakra.

"Right." Cecilia smiled, following him close behind.

 

*********

 

"We need to figure out how we're going to get either one of them." Orochimaru sighed. "The Chunnin exams are coming up, so the youngest brother of the Uchiha clan... Sasuke... should be put forward for them. I just have to figure a way of getting into those Chunnin exams, so I can have a little... fun." Orochimaru smirked.

"What are you planning on doing with those Uchiha brats?" Kabuto - Orochimaru's right-hand man questioned.

"Give them power." Orochimaru simply answered. "The youngest one wants to be stronger than both her brothers... whereas Sasuke just wants to make his brother pay for what happened to the clan and their parents."

"So what are you going to do to give them power?" Kabuto sighed, having a fair idea what he was going to do.

"I'm going to give them my cursed mark... like I've done to previous ninja's." Orochimaru laughed evilly.

 

*********

 

The final exams, that the older classed students could take, where coming up. Iruka had honestly considered allowing Lilly to take the exam, but there was something that prevented him for doing so.

"Lilly..." Iruka spoke, during class.

"Yes sensei?" She answered, looking up from her work.

"Not this year." He smiled, hoping she would understand what he was talking about. She did.

"Alright sensei." She smiled.

"What d'ya mean sensei?" Jynx asked, even though it had nothing to do with her.

"The final exams." Iruka sighed. "I was thinking about allowing a few of you to try the exams this year."

"Really?" Michael stupidly questioned.

"Yes. I thought maybe some of you would stand a good chance at passing them, but I've decided that the next time, in a few years though, when the exams come around again. I will definitely allow you all to do them, to become full-fledged Genin ninja." After he said that, there was a loud cheer from the entire class, well all except Lilly, she just remained quiet. Maybe that was one of the reasons she got compared to Sasuke most of the time, he had always been so quiet during classes and only spoke when he was required to.

 

After the class had quietened down, Iruka went back to teaching. Today's lesson was on the Uchiha clan, and how they had the Sharingan and various other things. Lilly already knew all this stuff, but Iruka had insisted she stay and listen, just in case there was a little bit of information that neither of her brothers had intended to mention to her. Iruka had believed that now Lilly was studying at the academy, that she deserved to know the reason why the Uchiha clan had been destroyed and killed, all except her and her brothers.

"The Uchiha clan have, what's called a Kekki Genkai, Sharingan. It's something that only people from this clan can inherit. However, you can only inherit this through blood." Iruka told the class.

"Are there other forms of this? Kekki Genkai?" Jynx questioned.

"Yes. The Hyuga clan have it also. The Hyuga clan had the Kekki Genkai, Byakugan." Iruka explained to her, as well as the entire class.

"Ah." Jynx smiled. "Cool."

"So... As I was saying, the Uchiha clan has the Kekki Genkai of the Sharingan, but there are various forms of it. There is a stronger version of the Sharingan, called the Mangekyo Sharingan. However, if anyone uses this too much... they will go blind."

"How can it be prevented?" For once, that was Lilly that asked that. She hadn't actually been told what that Mangekyo Sharingan does, or what happens if you use it too much.

"Don't you know that?" Iruka questioned, looking over at her. She just shook her head. "Well... one of the ways to prevent you going blind, is by taking the eyes of a sibling."

"So... if big bro Itachi is going blind... he can take the Mangekyo Sharingan eyes of either Sasuke or me?"

"Not exactly..." Iruka sighed. "As long as you have unlocked the Sharingan itself, whoever has the Mangekyo Sharingan and is going blind, would be able to take even the plain Sharingan eyes from their sibling and prevent them ever going blind." Iruka explained.

"I never knew that..." Lilly said quietly.

"Well now ya do." Jynx grinned, in her silly way.

"Yeah." Lilly giggled.

"Anyway..." Iruka coughed, interrupting the conversation the two young kunoichi were having. "Let's continue with this lesson. Now each of you will try to mention one thing that you have learned today about the Uchiha clan."

"Do we have to...." Michael complained.

"Yes." Iruka sharply answered. "And all of you must answer the same question I'll put on the board."

"What's the question?" Jynx sighed.

"When does a Uchiha get the Sharingan? That is the question." Iruka smiled, writing it up on the board, as everyone else started to think about what they learned about the Uchiha clan today.

 

As the lesson came to an end, Iruka got everyone to come up and answer the question, along with tell what they learned about the Uchiha clan. Unfortunately for Lilly, he was going through everyone in alphabetical order, so she was going to be one of the last people to be asked.

"Jynx Haruno." Iruka called.

"The Uchiha clan gets the Sharingan. The age they can get it is 8..." She shrugged, getting her stuff, walking out of class, as Iruka had said she could. He asked a few more students before getting to Lilly.

"Lilly Uchiha." Iruka spoke.

"Our clan has what's called a Kekki Genkai. There isn't a specific age that the Sharingan is unlocked, it unlocks when the user needs it the most, or the users eyes are able to lock onto the movements of their enemy." Lilly said, before heading out.

"Lilly... Wait behind please." Iruka said to her, before she could walk out the class door.

"Alright sensei." Lilly sighed, leaning against the wall, just like her big brother Sasuke, waiting on Michael to be called and give Iruka the things he learned today, as well as, the answer to the question.

"Lastly, Michael Uzumaki." Iruka sighed, thinking that Michael was too much like Naruto to know the answer.

"The Uchiha clan has a higher level of Sharingan called the Mangekyo Sharingan. The age they get it is about 9." Michael answered, surprising Iruka slightly, as Michael had managed to have listened and gotten it right, but obviously, he hadn't gotten the age right.

"You can head home now Michael." Iruka stated.

"Thanks sensei." Michael grabbed his stuff, and ran out the class.

 

"Now Lilly..." Iruka spoke, not long after Michael had left. "How did you know that the Sharingan doesn't get unlocked at a specific age?"

"Both my brothers have the Sharingan... Itachi unlocked it at age 8, whereas Sasuke unlocked it during a mission with Kakashi sensei. He was about 12, but he actually activated it when he was 7... but because of what happened to our clan, he had forgotten he'd activated it, so it never truly activated for him until he was 12." Lilly explained.

"Have you activated the Sharingan yet?" Iruka curiously asked.

"...No." She sighed, looking down. "I must be a failure... I can't even have the Sharingan unlocked..."

"That is not true. You are definitely not a failure." Iruka smiled, ruffling her hair. "You're one of the brightest students I've ever had." Iruka admitted.

"Thanks sensei." Lilly smiled softly.

"You're very welcome. Now, go on. Get home." Iruka smiled.

"Right." Lilly said, picking her bags up, heading out of the academy, heading home. She hoped for once that she wasn't one of the first people home.

 

********

 

"The three of you will be entered in the Chunnin exams." Kakashi told Team 7. "This will help you get up to Chunnin level, meaning you'll be able to go on harder missions."

"Awesome!" Naruto exclaimed. "I'm gonna be a Chunnin! Believe it!"

 

********



© 2013 Rose


Author's Note

Rose
If there is anything that you think could be made better; grammar, spelling, ideas, etc. please feel free to leave your ideas and changes in comments please and I will take them into consideration and possible change it to what you suggest. This is kind of a Naruto fan fiction, so anything that relates to Naruto I don't take any credit for those things.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

cool keep it up sis

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Rose

11 Years Ago

Thanks sis

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

429 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on October 9, 2012
Last Updated on January 15, 2013

The Uchiha's

54

By Rose

55

By Rose

56

By Rose

57

By Rose

58

By Rose

59

By Rose

60

By Rose

61

By Rose

62

By Rose

63

By Rose

64

By Rose

65

By Rose

66

By Rose

67

By Rose

68

By Rose

69

By Rose

70

By Rose


Author

Rose
Rose

Edinburgh, West Lothian, United Kingdom



Writing