The Forest of Death

The Forest of Death

A Chapter by Rose
"

This is the story of the last three members of the Uchiha clan and their friends from other clans; eg. the Uzumaki clan.

"

Chapter 48 - The Forest of Death

 

The time for the second part of the Chunnin exams was about to start, and the three Genin managed to reach the Forest of Death to be told what they were to do for this part of the exam.

"Listen up!" Anko called out, knowing that all the teams where now there. "Each team will be given one of two scrolls. Your objective is to reach the tower in the center of the forest within 5days, with both scrolls."

"Then half of the teams will have to fail." Josh said.

"Correct. There is only a certain amount of scrolls, so you have to try get both scrolls, before reaching the tower. If not everyone has reached the tower within 5days then they will also fail. Good luck. Now go to your assigned gates and wait." Anko had made sure that everyone had signed a form that prevented them being blamed for anyone's death that may happen within the forest, before handing one member a scroll, and telling them what gate to wait at to enter the forest when the bell sounded.


*************


As soon as the bell sounded, all the teams entered the forest. However, this wasn't going to be what people expected. Nobody was expecting Orochimaru to return and try to give someone the cursed mark once again. Nobody was expecting him to be participating in the Chunnin exams again this year. Who was he after? What was he planning?


*************

Lilly and her team had hidden amongst the trees to start to figure out how they were going to succeed during this part of the exam. Lilly knew from what her older brother Sasuke had told her before, that it's best to have some code phrase that only the people in the team know, because it's easy for others to use a Transformation Jutsu to transform into one of the members of the team to try get the scroll.
"So how we gonna know it's us?" Jynx questioned.
"We need some sort of phrase that we all know..." Michael sighed.
"Well... I have something... but I don't know if it's good, or not." Lilly said, rubbing her neck.
"It's sommat at least." Jynx smirked.
"Alright." Lilly smiled. "I think we should all whisper something that nobody else knows about us, to each other just now. Then when we meet up again, if we get split up, then we just say that. However, we change it each time when all three us meet up together."
"That will work." Michael said. "Because if we keep changing it, then they won't be able to pick up on it."
"Well, I'll start." Jynx said, before going over to the both of them, whispering into each of their ears what nobody knew about her. After she had done that, Michael whispered his, then Lilly.
"Right. Let's get going and see if we can find any other teams and find their scroll." Lilly said, before heading off deeper into the forest.
"Right!" Michael and Jynx said, before following after their teammate.

*************

Orochimaru had already struck. One of the teams was gone, and he was now in control of them. He had disguised himself as a member of the Hidden Sound Village - a village he had created not long ago.
"You will be mine girl." He smirked, as he summoned a giant snake, and sent it into the forest, after one team. Team Sasuke. "Soon." He laughed darkly, before running deep into the forest.

*************

The three ninja had gotten split up without realising. A snake had attacked them, and split the three up. It was only focused on one person. Lilly. However, she continued to keep it at bay, but luckily, a familiar face noticed her in trouble, and started to help. Once again, Josh was coming to help her.
"Are you okay Lilly?" Asked Josh, as Lilly sent a fireball towards the snake, disintegrating it.
"Yeah I'm fine, but I'm worried about where Jynx and Michael are." Sighed the young Uchiha.
Josh smiled and placed a hand on her shoulder. "We'll find them. I know we're supposed to be enemies at the moment, but I don't want my team to fight yours, if outmatched."
"Thanks Josh." She smiled, as they both headed out to find where Jynx and Michael had ended up.

************

Jynx had ended up in the deepest part of the forest, right beside a river, but what she found, she didn't believe was possible. The members of the Sound Ninja team that had succeeded where dead. She wasn't sure what to do, so she just stayed put. She may have not been overly clever, but she did know that if lost - or even separated from her team - she knew to stay where she was.

She had done the right thing, as within a matter of minutes Michael appeared. She wasn't sure if it was him or not, so both of them said the one thing they'd whispered to each other at the start of the exam so they'd know they were who they said they were.
"All we need is to find Lilly." Michael said, and just as he said that, Lilly appeared with Josh by her side.
"Hey guys." She smiled, but Jynx and Michael took out their kunai's, remembering what Lilly had said to them. She giggled, and told them what they didn't know about her, that she'd told them at the start.
"Phew." Michael sighed, as both he and Jynx put their kunai's away. "So what now?"
"We find one of the other teams." Lilly said. Josh nodded, and smiled, leaving the three to figure out what to do. Having been a year older than them, him and his team had already acquired the scrolls they needed.

**********

As night descended, the three of them set up camp. Michael had suggested that they take turns keeping look out, as he thought that the best time for other teams to attack was night, when the others would least expect it. Jynx was still the most awake, so she decided that she'd let the other two rest first, then sleep herself after she'd done her look out turn. Michael and Lilly didn't even bother to argue with her, as they knew once she had made up her mind, that was it. So the two of them lay down on the cold ground, and tried to get some rest. Jynx was the keeper of the scroll anyway, and most people would expect it to be Michael or Lilly, so that was another reason she wanted to keep look out first.

Jynx paced back and forth, before figuring out that it would be a good idea to set some traps. If she had some traps set, then she would be able to get to sleep for a little bit, because even though she wasn't very clever, she could be very sneaky, so she knew how to set traps well that nobody would figure out they were there. Once before, in training, she'd set a trap without Michael realising, and he had easily fallen into it.
*************
How were Lilly and her team going to succeed in finding the scroll they needed, without getting split up again, and losing their scroll to another team. What was Orochimaru going to do once he'd gotten his hands on Lilly and her team?


© 2013 Rose


Author's Note

Rose
If there is anything that you think could be made better; grammar, spelling, ideas, etc. please feel free to leave your ideas and changes in comments please and I will take them into consideration and possible change it to what you suggest. This is kind of a Naruto fan fiction, so anything that relates to Naruto I don't take any credit for those things.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

⊰ℛℛ⊱
Hmm ... I might suggest the "***" to separate the divisions in a chapter be a bit more spaced apart. Usually I don't plot divisions except every 4-5 pages in the direct Writer Cafe's own editor.

Reading ... ??? They need a secret keyword to tell their team so they can recognize them ? Can't they just look at their faces and say, "hey, I know you."

Concluded reading ... As I've suggested with other writers, ask yourself, what in it gives this particular chapter re-read value ? That is, when you read this yourself, can you find elements in it that would make you want to read it again later ?

If you can't find any, then you need to add some. Writing, in it's very best form has re-read value. You would read it once, are so impressed by what you've read that you would want to save it again to read later.

That is the mark of a true writer. That and the fact someone can pick up your story immediately by any random chapter. Your words are so colorful and descriptive that one is not REQUIRED to backtrack a chapter, not really, to know what is happening in this particular one.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

⊰ℛℛ⊱
Hmm ... I might suggest the "***" to separate the divisions in a chapter be a bit more spaced apart. Usually I don't plot divisions except every 4-5 pages in the direct Writer Cafe's own editor.

Reading ... ??? They need a secret keyword to tell their team so they can recognize them ? Can't they just look at their faces and say, "hey, I know you."

Concluded reading ... As I've suggested with other writers, ask yourself, what in it gives this particular chapter re-read value ? That is, when you read this yourself, can you find elements in it that would make you want to read it again later ?

If you can't find any, then you need to add some. Writing, in it's very best form has re-read value. You would read it once, are so impressed by what you've read that you would want to save it again to read later.

That is the mark of a true writer. That and the fact someone can pick up your story immediately by any random chapter. Your words are so colorful and descriptive that one is not REQUIRED to backtrack a chapter, not really, to know what is happening in this particular one.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

554 Views
1 Review
Added on February 18, 2013
Last Updated on September 10, 2013

The Uchiha's

54

By Rose

55

By Rose

56

By Rose

57

By Rose

58

By Rose

59

By Rose

60

By Rose

61

By Rose

62

By Rose

63

By Rose

64

By Rose

65

By Rose

66

By Rose

67

By Rose

68

By Rose

69

By Rose

70

By Rose


Author

Rose
Rose

Edinburgh, West Lothian, United Kingdom



Writing