Chapter 1- When Dreams Become Nightmares

Chapter 1- When Dreams Become Nightmares

A Chapter by Marked4Sin

Sissy? Sissy,’ someone was shaking me. I opened my eyes to see Noah standing beside my bed with a worried look in her eyes.
I shot up, ‘Oh my goodness, are you okay? Where’s Eli? Did he hurt you?!’
She sat beside me. ‘No I just had a bad dream.. Can I sleep in here with you?’
I sighed in relief and smiled, ‘Of course you can sweetie,’ I scooted over and patted the bedding next to me, ‘Come on.’
She slid over and laid down under the covers. Within minutes she was asleep. I glanced over at the clock. 5:00, might as well get up now and start cleaning. I quietly snuck around a sleeping Noah and went to my closet. I took out an Asking Alexandria shirt, white ripped skinnies, bra, and panties. I went to the hallway closet, pulled out a towel and went to the bathroom to set my things down.
Entering my room again I went to my dresser drawer and pulled out a pair of sweat pants and put them on. I proceeded to the living room where there lay the mess of last nights quarrel. Eli had fought with me all through the house, throwing things, screaming and yelling, but the living room was the worst. I got a rag from the kitchen and began scrubbing the walls that had last nights dinner on it. I remembered the night before perfectly clear.
 
I had just made spaghetti for Eli, Noah and I. Eli wasn’t home yet, he was at a party with his friends and was going to be home later. I set a plate of steaming hot food in front of Noah, ‘Don’t touch that yet. Wait till it cools down so it won’t burn you.’
‘Yes ma’am,’ she said politely and put her hands in her lap. I grabbed the extra plate of spaghetti and put a piece of garlic bread on the side and got a can of Pepsi out of the fridge. With the food and drink in hand I went across the kitchen and down the hallway to my moms room.
‘Mom,’ I said as I knocked on the door. ’Dinner’s ready.’ I set the food and Pepsi on the ground and walked around the corner only to look back and see the door open and two little greedy, pale hands snatch the food and drink.
I went back to the kitchen and grabbed the plate of garlic bread and set it on the table. I got a piece for Noah and I. Then got her a cup of Kool-Aid and me a bottle of water. I sat down across from her, ‘Go ahead and eat now sweetie, it’s cool enough.’
There was silence for awhile. Then, ‘So are you looking forward to this weekend at Rebecca’s, Noah?’
‘Yeah!’ she said enthusiastically. ‘We already know what we’re going to do!’
‘And what is that?’ I said taking a sip of my water.
‘Well, first we’re going to go up to her room and play dolls. And after that her mom said that we’re gonna be able to dress up and she’ll record us doing a play. Then we’re gonna go to the park!’ She paused to take a bite of her garlic bread. ‘Then to wind it all down, we’re gonna lay down with Chloe and Breeze and watch the Rugrats movie,’ she nodded her head trying to seem cool. It was cute. Chloe was Rebecca’s stuffed rabbit and Breeze was Noah’s stuffed elephant.
I laughed after she was finished, ‘So you two are going to have fun, huh?’
‘Yup. What are you doing this weekend?’
‘Nothing much. Probably just gonna go to the movies with Raven,’ I lied. I wasn’t going to tell her what I was really planning on doing. I changed the subject, ‘So, how is school? You like being a big girl?’
‘Yes I do!’ She said jumping up and down on her seat, her fork clenched in her  hand.
‘Noah calm down.’ She did as she was told.
‘Sorry, sissy. School is awesome! Last Friday we had a spelling test and I got a 75%!’
I high-fived her, ‘That’s great Elly-Belly! You’ve really improved, I’m so proud of you!’ She really was doing better, she usually got 60’s or lower. I think it was because of her.. Sickness.
She beamed. ‘Thank you!’
After I was done I waited for her to be finished. When she was I grabbed our plates and put them in the sink then lead her up to her room. She was already bathed and dressed to go to bed. She leapt on her bed and started hopping on it saying, ‘Bedtime story!’ over and over again.
‘Medicine first, sweetie.’ She slumped down on her bed and pouted. ‘I’m sorry but that’s what the doctor said.’ I went into the bathroom and grabbed the two pills she needed and a glass of water then went back into her room. I sat on her bed next to her, and held out the blue pill and  the glass of water. She glared at the pill.
‘No,’ she said stubbornly.
‘Noah you have to take it. It’ll make your sickness run away while you sleep.’
‘I can sleep just fine without it,’ she pouted, crossing her arms.
‘If you don’t take your medicine I’ll tickle you!’
Her eyes widened and she tried to get off the bed and run but I was quicker. I grabbed her waist and flung her on the bed playfully and started tickling her sides.
She was laughing and screaming, ‘P-please stop!’ She laughed some more. Finally when she had enough she pleaded, ‘Okay okay I’ll take the medicine, just stop p-please!’ I stopped and she sat up, I gave her the medicine and she took it. I gave her the yellow one and she did the same, Blue is for anxiety and yellow is for hyperactivity. She made a face after she was finished and I laughed.
‘Lay down and I’ll read you a bedtime story.’ She did as she was told and lay down. I read her the ‘The Three Little Pigs’ and she slowly fell asleep. I kissed her forehead, ‘Goodnight.’ I got up and closed the door behind me, walking into the kitchen. I started cleaning up.
Just as I was finishing up with the dishes Eli stumbled through the door. I put the dish towel over my shoulder and get his food from the counter and put it in the microwave to warm it up. ‘Eli!’ I yelled into the living room. ‘Your dinner is in the microwave!’ I turn around and start wiping off the counter. 
Then I felt arms go around my waist, ‘Let’s skip to the dessert,’ he slurred, moving his hands lower. I gasped and spun around to face him.
‘Um…’ The microwave dinged signaling that his dinner was ready. ‘Your dinner is ready.’ I moved around him, got his food and brought it to him. He looked down at it blankly then brought it into the living room and sat down to turn the TV on. I looked at him as he watched the TV uninterested, he looked at me and smiled.
‘Come sit down next to me.’ I hesitated for a second then walked over and sat down. He put his spaghetti on the coffee table and pulled me onto his lap. I felt very uncomfortable but stayed still as I didn’t want him to throw a fit. He put his hand on my stomach and we sat there for a minute. Then he slowly moved his hand down and tried unbuttoning my pants.
I gently grabbed his hand and moved it away. ‘Um.. I don’t feel comfortable Eli.’
‘I don’t care. I told you I want my dessert first.’ He unbuttoned my pants and pulled the zipper down, I felt as if I was going to be sick. I shot up and tried walking into the kitchen. ‘DID YOU NOT HEAR WHAT I SAID B***H?!’ Hearing a crash I turned around to see that he had thrown his dinner at the wall. I looked over at him as he came storming at me, grabbing my hair. ‘COME HERE.’ He yelled.
He slung me over by the TV, knocking it down and everything that was next to it. I tried getting up but not before he kicked me in the stomach making me collapse. He grabbed me again and flipped me over on my back, pulling my pants down to my knees. I screamed and hit him in the mouth hard enough to knock him back. I shot up and ran down the hall pulling my pants up along the way. He caught up to me as I entered my room…
(See Introduction)



© 2014 Marked4Sin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

You have penned elegantly and truly enjoying the read, moving to next chapter...

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

174 Views
1 Review
Added on January 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 12, 2014

Welcome to the Family


Author

Marked4Sin
Marked4Sin

Ocala, FL



About
Hey everybody! Ashley here! 18 and taken since Feb. 4th 2013 more..

Writing