Chapter 37- Turn The Page

Chapter 37- Turn The Page

A Chapter by Marked4Sin

A month passed and things were going great. Nick worked at Hot Topic with me, Kitty had found a job at Hollister, and James worked at the Naughty or Nice store down the street. Nadia couldn't get a job because of her disorder. Speaking of which, James has had only a few episodes since he was let out of the Centers. Eli had helped me enroll them into school so they could get an actual education. Although, James was not allowed to attend because of his age, he didn't mind. Raven and I were besties again if not closer than ever. Austin still hadn't shown up yet, which had begun to worry Eli, Raven, and I. His father told us that he had not seen him either and didn't really care since they had gotten into an arguement before he stormed off.
What excited me the most was the relationships going on lately. Kitty and Nadia started dating around a week ago. Nadia, being new at dating ever has had trouble being a lesbian to start off with. I could tell that they really liked each other but it would take some time before anything major happened. Eli had finally given Raven a chance and she was hesitant at first considering all the things I'd told her. But I told her that it was okay and she went for it. I could tell that Eli was trying so hard to make me happy, to try and change for me but that was going to take time as well. Raven could tell he still loved me but tried to ignore it as best she could.
Nick and I still remained friends in fear that Eli would overreact. We agreed that we'd try after his feelings faded. Even though Eli had grown fond of Nadia and Kitty, he avoided James at all costs. He had discovered that James had a crush on him one day when James had checked him out. At first he wanted to bash his face in but I stopped him in the nick of time and convinced him to just ignore it.
Noah enjoyed the fact that she had more friends around the house and everybody absolutely adored her. Kitty and James would play dolls with her and help her with her homework while Nadia did her hair. I made all three of them promise not to show their sexuality in front of her because she was too young. She had completely forgot about mom which made me relieved. Mom hadn't shown up yet and I was hoping with all my might that she wouldn't.
 
I woke up as a wave of nausea passed over me. 'Oh god,' I mumbled, rolling out of bed and running to the bathroom. After throwing up god knows what, I wiped my mouth. Only to lean over the toilet to puke my guts up again. I felt a hand reach around to grab my hair for me while I retched again and again.
'Alice, I think we need to take you to the doctor. This has been happening for a week now,' Nick cooed, rubbing my back. 'What if it's cuz of that electroshock incident?'
When I finished, I wiped my mouth again and stood. 'I don't wanna go to the doctor, Nick. I hate that place, I never wanna go there again.'
He gave me a look of understanding. 'I know, but the Centers is shut down. There's no need to worry anymore.' Grimacing at the memories of being attached to that machine, I began washing my face. 'Look, you're going to have to go back anyway next week for your monthly check-up.'
'Yeah, yeah, yeah,' I grumbled and began brushing my teeth.
'How about we go today? Just you and me.' I gave him a stupid look in the mirror, he smiled. 'Don't worry, we can go out for ice cream after, will that make you feel better?'
He waited until I finished to speak. 'If I go to the damn doctor, will you leave me alone?' He nodded, I rolled my eyes. 'Fine, but when we leave we tell the others that.. we're going to the library so you can help me with my essay.'
'Okay, but why won't you just tell them? They'll find out eventually.'
'Cuz I don't need them harassing me like you've been doing for the past week.' He stuck his tongue out at me as a response. I stuck mine out at him, 'Come on, help me get breakfast ready for everyone. Jerkface.'
'Geez,' he complained as I pushed passed him. 'So emotional.'
As we got breakfast ready, the smell brought everybody out little at a time. 'I smell dead pig,' Eli sang as he came out of his bedroom. 'Oh, it's just Nick.'
'Geez, moodiness must run in the family,' Nick stated. I slapped his stomach, signaling him to shut up before questions are asked.
'Goodmorning sis,' Eli drawled out, messing up my hair as he passed. 'Morning, Nadia and Kitty.'
'Goodmorning,' they yawned in unison and then laughed.
James feeling completely left out, gave a what-the-f**k gesture to me. I supressed a giggle and turned back to flipping pancakes.
'And goodmorning to you, princess!' Eli smiled as Noah came out rubbing her eyes.
'Morning, bubby,' she jumped into his arms and he picked her up in a hug. I stood there, watching the whole scene. Kitty and Nadia sat at the table waiting, but held hands under the table as they watched Noah. James pouted, still upset that he was ignored. And Nick.. Nick was eating a piece of bacon watching everyone to. I saw him turn back towards the food and his eyes widen.
'Hey,' he nudged my arm to get my attention. 'The food's gonna burn if you keep staring off into space like that.'
Hurriedly, I flipped the burnt pancake and pushed him away, 'You were doing the same,' I laughed.
When breakfast was served, Nick and I sat down with everyone else. Eli had Noah in his lap since there was no more room and they both were staring at the feast that lay before them. 'Geez, Alice. You sure know how to cook!' Nadia complimented, chewing on a pancake.
Nick raised his hand, 'Hey, I helped to, you know.' 'All I saw you doing was eating every other thing she put down,' James smiled. He forked a few sausages onto his plate and I saw Eli gulp.
'I kept her from burning the house down when she wasn't paying attention. So I saved all of y'alls lives, thank you very much,' he joked and there were mhm's and stiffled laughs from around the table.
After a minute of fork clinks from eating, Eli spoke. 'So, what are we doing on this fine Saturday?'
'I wanna go to the park!' Noah bounced on Eli's lap.
'Nadia and I are going to the movies today,' Kitty said quietly, gushing a little.
'I have to work,' James pouted.
Everyone looked at Nick and I expectantly and I nudged him slightly. If he wanted me to go to the doctor's so badly then he was going to make the excuse. 'We're going to the library so I can help her with her essay,' he said calmly as he chewed his eggs.
As Kitty, Nadia, James, and Noah went back to eating I noticed Eli hold my stare a bit longer. I swear I saw them flash with jealousy but he turned back to his food without a word.



© 2014 Marked4Sin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

136 Views
Added on January 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 12, 2014

Welcome to the Family


Author

Marked4Sin
Marked4Sin

Ocala, FL



About
Hey everybody! Ashley here! 18 and taken since Feb. 4th 2013 more..

Writing