Chapter 35- Lips Of An Angel

Chapter 35- Lips Of An Angel

A Chapter by Marked4Sin

All four of us sat on the couch, watching Supernatural until dinner was ready. I put together everybody's plates and called them in to get them. James and Nadia were there first, they grabbed their plates and went to the dinner table. Kitty grabbed hers and thanked me for making such a wonderful dinner. Nick came out a few minutes later. I was already eating at the table with Kitty, Nadia, and James. We were all laughing about how James had a crush on Eli, which he denied.
The only seat left available was one by me. As he took his seat, his hand brushed against mine. I didn't notice it as James argued with Nadia. 'I don't know why y'all insist that I like men! Is it the way I look? Do I look like I like dick? Geez,' he shook his head while Kitty and I laughed.
'You look, sound, and act like you are gay. And it's absolutely nothing to be ashamed of. I don't know why you won't admit it because it's sooo obvious.'
James pouted while Nick started snickering to. 'Yeah, man,' Nick said after chewing his chicken. 'It's fine to be gay, as long as you don't like a straight dude. Cuz he wouldn't hesitate to kick your a*s, especially Eli.'
'All I said was that he was cute! You can judge the appearance of someone and not be gay!' James retorted, exasperated.
'No, women can do it. Guys can't,' Nick pointed out.
James sighed in defeat and continued eating. Kitty put a hand on his shoulders for comfort but he pulled away. She persisted though and leaned forward to whisper in his ear. His head shot up and look at her, 'You wouldn't.'
'If you admit it then I will do it. So you won't be the only one admitting something..' she looked down, suddenly shy.
Nick, Nadia, and I ate while they finished up whispering to each other. 'Okay, okay fine,' James groaned and cleared his throat. 'I, James Darren Pouter, am.. homosexual..' He closed his eyes and waited for a reaction which didn't take long.
'Yes! Ha! I knew it!' Nadia exclaimed, accidently dropping her fork to the floor.
While Nadia was picking it up, Kitty spoke quickly. 'And I, Katherine Denise Pouter, have a big, fat crush on Nadia Marie Hamilton.'
Nadia shot up in her seat but slammed her head against the table. 'Ow,' he growled. 'Son of a b***h.' Kitty helped her retrieve her fork again. Nadia rubbed her head and looekd at Kitty seriously, 'What did you say?'
Kitty looked down and hesitated, 'I said I like you.. Nadia. I've liked you since you saved me from the Workers when I first met you.'
Nadia and Kitty looked at each other for a long time. Nick and I glanced at each other in surprise, didn't see that coming. After Nick was done eating, I gathered all the plates and walked into the kitchen. All of the sudden there was a knock on the door. I squeaked and dropped a plate. 'S**t,' I mumbled at the broken glass everywhere. My mind sped back to the memory of there being a knock on the door before Aaron and his gang had barged in.
Nick was half out of his chair, looking at me. He saw my frightened face and nodded slightly, 'I'll answer it for you.' I walked around the glass and held onto the corner of the counter, watching Nick walk over to the door and answer it.
'He-.. Um, do I know you?' Nick asked the person. He was blocking the doorway so I couldn't see, but was shoved out of the way. 'Uh, Alice?'
But I was already in the living room hugging the intruder. 'Raven,' I whispered. 'I'm so sorry, you have no idea how much I regr-'
She held her finger up to me and looked around, 'Can we, uh, can we talk outside?'
I nodded quickly, 'Yeah, sure.' Once we were ouside, I closed the door behind me.
'Soo...' Raven drawled out.
'Like I said Ravez, I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you like that, I swear I wasn't thinking straight. I just couldn't stop myself even though I knew what I was doing was wrong. And then for you to find out like that, I just-'
'Ohmygod, Ali. Shut up! Geez, you ramble sometimes.'
'I'm sorry, it's just that-'
Raven stepped up to me and put her hand over my mouth. 'Shut. Up.' I nodded and waited for her to talk. '... I know what Aaron's s**t does to people. It's good s**t, but only if you know how to handle it correctly. Now I'm not saying that it's completely Mary Jane's fault. It's your fault to.' She looked at me a moment and then around at the bare trees. 'But I'm willing to let you explain yourself so long as you do not lie to me anymore. I know you hide a lot of things from me and I try to give you space but it's difficult. We have been best friends since we thought guys still had cooties.. I don't want a guy to be the reason we stop.'
When she was done speaking, she released her hand from my mouth. In normal circumstances I would have licked her hand but she probably wasn't in the playing mood. 'Does that mean we're friends again?' I asked, full of hope.
'Kind of a trial period,' she shrugged and smiled. I took that as permission and attacked her in hugs. We both laughed and parted, 'So,' she smirked. 'Who's the cute guy who answered the door? Boyfriend?'
I shrugged my shoulders and looked down, 'It's confusing. I'll explain everything to you right now if you spend the night.'
She smiled and took off her bag, opening it to reveal her sleepover things. 'Already planned it.'
'We've known each other too long,' I laughed and led her inside. I introduced everybody which she had previously seen in the hospital room. Everybody was polite, even Nadia, thank god. After awhile of talking and watching TV we all decided to start getting ready for bed. I took a shower first since I had to get up early in the morning to talk to my boss.
When I got out, Raven took one next and I waited for her in my room. For a few minutes I was left to gather up my thoughts. I had cleaned the house, found my friends, and apologized to Raven. Now all that was it was to see my boss in the morning and talk to Austin. Somehow I felt like I had more to do and I didn't feel completely happy. I knew that that reason was because of Nick. If I could just forget Eli then I'd be home free with Nick. But I wasn't going to get him hurt because of my selfish reasons.



© 2014 Marked4Sin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

128 Views
Added on January 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 12, 2014

Welcome to the Family


Author

Marked4Sin
Marked4Sin

Ocala, FL



About
Hey everybody! Ashley here! 18 and taken since Feb. 4th 2013 more..

Writing