Chapter 27- Set The World On Fire

Chapter 27- Set The World On Fire

A Chapter by Marked4Sin

I tumbled down the wall towards Nick who had a look of horror on his face. He caught me and fell down at the sudden weight. Getting up he laid me down on the ground and moved hair out of my face. ‘Alice! Alice can you hear me?’ he stroked my cheek with his thumb while I struggled to keep my eyes open. I nodded slightly and tried to sit up but my muscles didn’t seem to want to work. In the background I could hear distant yelling and banging on the wall. Nick looked up for a spilt second and then back at me.
After a few moments a part of the wall broke down and streams of light filtered through. Men in uniforms with guns seeped through the hole and marched towards us. Nick grabbed a nearby fallen branch and stood in between the men and I.
A few of the people hollered at him and raised their guns. ‘Drop the weapon, now!’ One of the soldiers came a little too close to him and he smashed him in the face. All I could do was lie there and watch, I was strangely calm and relaxed. Nick tackled the man and began hitting him in the face.
All of the sudden Nick dropped his weapon and went rigid. He fell to the ground and was stretched out, all his muscles tensed and his teeth gritted. Someone had shocked him. The men then went into action and gathered us up, carrying us all the way back to the Centers.
As they stormed through the doors with both Nick and I the Workers stared and snickered. My head was lolled forward so I could see their expressions. All the patients were locked in their rooms by now so they wouldn’t know if we were missing or what. Among the Workers were also the White Coats who were looking hungrily at us. The men carrying us walked across the cafeteria and through a pair of double doors leading us out of the Centers. The place where Austin left me in this horrible place not five days ago.
The hospital was almost empty save for a few nurses walking around. I glanced at Nick who seemed to slowly come to. However, the minute he opened his eyes I heard an extremely high pitched sound and he went rigid again.
They led us downstairs into what looked like a basement kind of place. Passing through various corridors they finally came to a thick metal door. When they opened it they walked down some more stairs. When it flattened out they clicked on a light and strapped both of us onto some beds. After they had Nick and I strapped in good they backed up to reveal a woman in a business suit.
'Good evening you two.' I could do nothing but stare at the lady. She walked around us in a circle. 'I was told that the two of you have been skipping out quite a lot lately. Since we have no real punishment for that since it has never happened, we have decided to hot box you two. You will be released in 48 hours after the disciplinary actions have been followed through.' With that she walked out. One of the White Coats stepped out from the middle of no where and injected Nick and I with something. Before long, everything went black...
 
*****
 
The time went on so slowly. We were both strapped to the beds the whole time. About an hour after I woke up, from that drug they gave us, it felt as if I couldn't feel anything at all. It may have been from the lack of senses with it being pitch black and no sounds unless Nick or I made them which when we did I felt as if it were coming from my mind.
Nick didn't really talk that much anyways, he was asleep most of the time. He said it would help pass the time but when I tried to sleep I couldn't. I just felt like something was going to happen; that something was coming to get me. I don't know how long it was before I started hearing voices and thinking I saw something out of the corner of my eye.
I saw the scariest things in that time, images that looked like demons or some sort of hellish creatures. I screamed and cried but couldn't seem to hear when I did it. I thrashed around for hours but couldn't budge the bed.
Finally after what seemed like forever, the door opened, letting in the brightest light I've ever felt. I screamed in agony as my retinas were seared from the light and struggled to get away from it. I heard a distant cry from Nick to as he experienced the same thing.
The White Coat led the Workers over to us and motioned for them to roll us out of the room. I cried from the pain as they led us to a different room that had another bed and machines all around it. I could hear myself mumble, 'No.' The WC didn't listen to me though, he just looked at his clipboard and told the Workers to put me on the other bed.
When they did they rolled Nick right up next to me. His head was tilted towards me, his face streaked with tears. He looked miserable and worried. Nick tried to speak but no words came out. The doctor cleared his throat and began speaking into a recorder. 'Patient... temporary patient. Number 1600. Female. Caucasian. Age 17. R.O.A.: self-injury. T.O.: electroconvulsive therapy. Reason: to conclude that self-injury is due to macroglobulinemia. Test 1.' The man set the still playing recorder on the tray with multiple tools and motioned the Workers to strap me down. I resisted as much as I could but it was no use since my muscles didn't seem to want to work.
While they were strapping me in, the White Coat stuck a bit in my mouth. 'The bit that I am putting in the patients mouth will help prevent from biting its tongue off.' By the time everything was ready and set I was crying again. I couldn't talk because of the bit and couldn't even attempt to move from all the straps. The WC put a metal thing around my head and walked back over to the recorder. 'I now am going to turn on the electroshock machine and set it to 1,000 volts.'
As he turned on the machine and waited for it to boot up, Nick spoke up. 'You can't do this,' he breathed out slowly. 'This is illegal.'
'Shut up,' one of the Workers growled.
The machine roared to life and beeped as a sign that it was ready. 'Stop,' Nick called out a little louder.
The doctor turned the knob up to the right setting and counted down. '3...2...1...' He flicked a switch and I felt my brain about to pop out of my head. All my muscles tightened as a response and I squeezed my eyes shut, afraid they'd pop out if I didn't. The high pitched noise seemed to be coming from inside my head as if my head was the kettle and my brain was the tea signaling that it was boiling. After what seemed like a lifetime, the WC flicked the switch off and wrote something on a clipboard. I just laid there, all my muscles felt as if all their energy was put into trying to hold itself together.
White Coat shined a flashlight in my eyes and wrote something else down. 'I have failed to induce a seizure. I will proceed with a greater amount of shock. 2,000 volts.'
'Stop! Please!' Nick cried out from right next to me. I let my head fall towards his direction and saw him looking at me, helplessly watching from the sidelines.
'I said shut up!' the Worker yelled.
The WC turned the knob up a notch and flicked the switch. I could feel (or maybe it was just my imagination) my brain getting hotter by the second. I could do nothing but wait until it was over, I wanted it to stop so bad but had no say. All the limbs in my body were completely ridged along with my muscles. I'm glad the bit was there or I probably would have bit my tongue off. When he finally flicked the switch back off I heard banging from outside the door. One of the Workers went to go check on what was happening but as soon as he got close to the door, it swung open and he was knocked to the ground.
Men with uniforms and guns stormed in and immediately stormed the place. I didn't know what to think, I wasn't thinking... I couldn't. 'FBI! Get on the ground now!' The White Coat put his hands up and flung himself to the ground. In the process of course, his arm spun the knob up way high and flicked the switch. What the odds of that happening are? I don't know but it did. The only thing I remember before I blacked out was all the lights in the room exploding, sparks flying everywhere.
 
*****


© 2014 Marked4Sin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on January 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 12, 2014

Welcome to the Family


Author

Marked4Sin
Marked4Sin

Ocala, FL



About
Hey everybody! Ashley here! 18 and taken since Feb. 4th 2013 more..

Writing