Chapter 45- Currents Convulsive

Chapter 45- Currents Convulsive

A Chapter by Marked4Sin

I was in love with Nick, of course, but it didn’t seem possible that we’d ever be able to be together. I liked Austin a lot and had for awhile. Now I had a chance to see where it goes and there’s already another guy in my life. My luck. Eli would probably like it better if I dated his best friend rather some guy he hardly knows.
Go with the flow. A little voice whispered inside. It seemed like a smart idea, if I just went with what was happening then I’d probably be able to choose later on.
There was one thing bothering me though, ‘Austin?’ I practically whispered.
‘Yes?’
‘How come you’re not mad at me for being pregnant?’
He chuckle and I was almost offended until he started to explain to me, ‘It’s not like you could help being pregnant, it just happens. The sex is what I’m disappointed in. I mean, I know what the Ghosts stuff can do. They got the Vietnam s**t. But you’d have to have some feelings to go that far, did you not?’
I didn’t want to answer but I made myself anyway, ‘Yes.’
‘What I don’t understand is why? If he’s done all this s**t to you, why like him? I mean, he’s your brother.’
‘It’s… it’s difficult to explain. He’s always been there for me despite some of those times being bad. When he’s not like that he’s so mature. He’s practically taken care of Noah and me ever since our dad left. He was there when all the drama happened between Uncle Brent and me. You have to give him credit for the things he’s actually done, not focus on the bad.’
As the last word came out of my mouth he spun me around in his arms. He looked down into my eyes and I was frozen in a trance. ‘Just tell me this; do you like him like that?’ I shook my head slightly, not looking anywhere else but at him. ‘And that other guy… do you like him?’
What I did next was unexpected and I regretted it as soon as the words left my mouth. ‘No.’
He brightened dramatically but the look in his eyes stayed serious, a smile playing on his lips. ‘I’m pretty sure there are no other guys in your life..?’
‘No, why-
Before I could even get the question out, he crushed his lips to mine. It was an amazing feeling to be in his arms and kiss him. I kissed back hungrily. We both needed this to happen and now that it did, it was perfect. He asked for entrance by sliding his tongue across my lips but I denied, teasing him, and pulled away. He seemed disappointed but hugged me instead. I laid my head on his chest and listened to his fast beating heart. ‘Alice?’
‘Hm?’ I closed my eyes.
‘Will you do me the favor of being mine?’
That’s when time stopped for me and I was standing in front of three paths. One for being with Nick, another for being with Austin, the last for neither. My heart stopped as I realized I didn’t know which one to pick. I’d always liked Austin but I’ve fallen in love with someone else.
I looked up and into Austin’s eyes, they were filled with adoration. ‘I… I’ll have to think about it.’
That seemed to catch him off guard, ‘You’ll have to think about it?’
He was hurt. ‘Um, yeah. I’m… going through a really difficult time right now, Austin. You should know this. With the baby and Eli. Why would you ask me when you know it’d make my situation worse?’ Suddenly I was angry with him, how dare he ask me after I told him all my problems. Did he just expect that if I was his girlfriend then it would make them go away? It’d just add on. Nick would hate me and Eli would be jealous. It’d do nothing but cause more problems.
Austin just stood there in surprise for a moment. ‘Um.. okay.’
He’d expected me to say yes. I expected me to say yes until I realized what it would do. We stood there in silence for a moment, me still in his arms. It was an understatement to say it was awkward. After a few moments there was a big DONG! DONG! DONG! I jumped out of my skin, almost knocking Austin down.
He laughed out loud, ‘Don’t worry Ali, it’s just the clock striking twelve.’
I looked around, ‘I don’t see no damn bell!’ I hollered over the loud chimes.
He turned me in the direction of the door we just came out of, ‘We came in through the bell tower.’
I blushed while he laughed some more. ‘Shut up,’ I smiled, punching his shoulder.
‘Come on,’ he said, grabbing my hand. ‘Time for dessert.’
I smile at the fact that he didn’t seem fazed by rejection for long. We ran down the stairs and around the corner to the car. ‘Hey! You can’t be here!’ a voice called. We both giggled and continued to run. Austin boosted me up so I could climb the fence faster and then he jumped it himself pretty quickly before I could even reach the ground. ‘Hey! Stop!’ the voice called louder this time. But we were at the car already. I jumped in before Austin could offer and we sped off.
When we knew that we were safe, Austin spoke up. ‘Love doing that,’ he laughed.
‘Doing what?’ I smiled, looking over at him.
‘Being so close to getting caught. It’s awesome, the thrill.’
I completely agreed with him, ‘I know right! Sucks when you actually do get caught though.’
We started talking about all the times growing up and almost getting caught. I loved how a lot of our memories were with each other. It’s always been like that; just Raven, Eli, Austin, and me. When we got back into town, there were few people in the streets. Then I realized that Christmas was on Monday. I’d already bought everybody their presents a few weeks ago and just forgot about it after that.
‘Christmas is on Monday,’ I thought aloud.
‘Yeah?’ he chuckled. ‘Forgot?’
‘Kinda,’ I lifted my shoulders.
‘You always forget. But I guarantee that you remembered a few weeks ago and bought everybody presents.’
I shot an astonished look at him, ‘God, you know me too well.’
He chuckled and pulled into a small  parking lot next to Jack’s. ‘Have you ever tried their funnel cakes?’
I shook my head, ‘Nope, didn’t even know they served them.’
We both got out and went up to the window. ‘Hi, what can I get ya?’ a lady said, chewing her gum.
‘Two of your funnel cakes,’ Austin responded, getting out his wallet.
The lady gave us our food and Austin paid. ‘Have a good night,’ she winked at him, handing him her number along with his change. I felt a pang of jealousy.


© 2014 Marked4Sin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
Added on January 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 12, 2014

Welcome to the Family


Author

Marked4Sin
Marked4Sin

Ocala, FL



About
Hey everybody! Ashley here! 18 and taken since Feb. 4th 2013 more..

Writing