Chapter 43- Rebel Love Song

Chapter 43- Rebel Love Song

A Chapter by Marked4Sin

'Really?' I looked out the window and saw that we were in the ‘Divers’ parking lot. 'Wow, that was quick.'
'We've been driving for like twenty minutes,' he chuckled and parked. Before I could open my door, he was out and opening it for me. 'Madam,' he bowed.
I giggled, 'I'm not really dressed for such a fancy restaurant.'
'That's okay,' he said brightly. 'I figured, I'd caught you off guard with the date thing so I bought you a dress.'
I gawked, 'You did not..?'
'Did so,' he led me to the trunk and opened it. He grabbed a box and opened it for me, 'See? I didn't really know the size so I got you one that I thought would fit.'
I looked inside at the cutest dress I've ever seen, 'Ohmygod, Austin. How much did this cost?' It looked expensive.
'Do you really expect me to answer that question?' he asked, amused. 'Go ahead, go to the bathrooms and change into it and I'll get us a table.'
'Okay,' I said, with a huge smile on my face. I couldn't believe he actually bought me a dress, and a beautiful one at that. We walked into the restaurant and he pointed me in the direction of the bathrooms. The restaurant was magnificent, the ceilings stood two stories high and a few chandeliers hung from them. The walls were a deep red with swirls of a lighter red scattered around. Soft music played from a violinist towards the back of the restaurant floated towards me. There were tables all throughout the main room and a few party rooms that had longer tables. In the center of it all was a lovely fountain that had three baby angels on each shelf.
I grinned, my stomach filling with butterflies from nervousness and excitement. After I had changed, I looked at myself in the mirror. Working with what I had, I brushed my hair using my fingers. Thank God a lady came in or I would have been doomed. I told her the story of how my 'boyfriend' decided to surprise me for my birthday and take me here and if I could borrow some of her make-up cuz I hadn't brought any. She said yes and handed me her make-up bag while she used the restroom. I quickly touched up what I had and added a little more mascara to make my eyes pop more.
After I was done, I looked over myself with satisfaction. The dress came down to just above my knees and fit my figure perfectly. It was a light green silky dress with frills coming down across my left breast down to my right knee. There was gold-colored high heels in the box that I wore. I had to admit I looked hot as hell, Austin had good taste in girls clothes. The color of everything complimented my eyes and skin tone. I twirled back and forth and smiled as the dress swayed back and forth.
I gave the lady back her make-up bag, 'You look so pretty,' she said before walking out.
Before I left, I made sure that the red marks from Eli slapping me were covered. I wasn't going to let my current drama ruin this night. As I walked out, it was like all the movies I seen where people stopped and stared. I blushed and looked down, finding my way to Austin.
I spotted him between the fountain and violinist. He seemed to have changed into a suit while I was changing. The classic black and white suit looked stunning on him, he was absolutely gorgeous. When he saw me, he quickly stood up. 'You look beautiful,' he almost whispered.
His mouth was hanging open so I shut it for him, smiling. He helped me into my seat and then sat down across from me. 'You don't look too bad yourself,' I said, raising my eyebrows. He seemed kinda uptight for some reason.
'Um, I see that the dress fits you. And the shoes?'
'Yes, they fit perfectly. You're good at guessing sizes,' I smiled. 'I didn't know what to do with my other clothes so I threw them away.'
'Okay... Uh, what would you like to eat? I didn't know if-' I kicked him hard in the shin. 'Ow,' he grimaced. 'What was that for?'
I giggled, 'Damn, Austin. Be yourself, there's no reason for you to be so wound-up. You don't have to pretend that you know what you're doing. Just relax and enjoy, don't be so nervous. I promise I won't laugh in your face if you say something stupid.'
That seemed to ease him up a bit, he sat up from rubbing his shin. 'Okay, okay. Sorry, I've just never done this before so I-'
'You've never done this before? Haven't you dated like all the girls in our school?'
He blushed, 'Yeah, but I've never really liked them. It was more to get in their pants. With you it's like.. I don't even know. You're amazing and I feel like you deserve more than what I usually do with my girlfriend's.. I wanna make this first date special, to give you a good impression of me.'
I felt my heart flutter as he said those words. 'I didn’t know you felt that way,' I gave a small smile and looked down. That was the nicest things somebody's ever said to me.
'Well.. I do. I have for awhile now. You have no idea how happy I was when you said yes, it took me a lotta balls to ask.'
I grinned, 'You asked me over a text.'
'Yeah, I didn't have the nerve to ask you to your face.'
It seemed odd to me how he was so nervous. I've known him for 12 years and he always seemed so fearless, 'Why do I make you so nervous?
He thought about it for a moment, 'You know, I actually don't know. I'm never nervous around girls but whenever I'm around you I just can't help but to analyze everything I do to make sure I don't look stupid in front of you.'
'And the almost kiss that day at the park?' I smirked.
I had to quit smiling, he seemed so sincere in his words I was probably making him feel uncomfortable. But he smiled back at me, 'I know you like me to,' he mused.
It was my turn to blush, 'Yeah.. so.'
'Why didn't you let me kiss you?'
I hesitated. Austin shouldn't have to be in the dark about his best friend, but then again he'd be mad at Eli for all he's done. He deserves to know though, but what if he hates me and Eli because of it and never talks to us again? I was too busy arguing with myself to here Austin's next words, I shook my head. 'Sorry, I was zoning. What'd you say?'
'I said does this have something to do with you being pregnant with his child?' He seemed hurt with his own words but gave me a look that said he wanted an explanation.
Okay, I thought to myself, I guess that's a sign I should explain to him what happened. He might be mad at me but at least he'll know the truth. 'Maybe we should order some food first,' I offered, trying to fit the right words into what I was about to say next.
'Yeah, I guess,' he mumbled and began looking at his menu.
He ordered roasted peccary with raita and tortellini. I ordered orange roughy with a side of loquat and pecorino to go with my nachos. 'Wow this place is very diverse,' I said wide-eyed.
'I was going to tell you that before you kicked me in the shin,' he smiled.
I ducked my head and looked at him guiltily, 'Sorry,' I tried to say as innocent as possible.
His smiled disappeared after a moment, 'You were going to explain?' he said, remembering.



© 2014 Marked4Sin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

178 Views
Added on January 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 12, 2014

Welcome to the Family


Author

Marked4Sin
Marked4Sin

Ocala, FL



About
Hey everybody! Ashley here! 18 and taken since Feb. 4th 2013 more..

Writing