Chapter 40- My Generation

Chapter 40- My Generation

A Chapter by Marked4Sin

I watched him walk away before turning around, nearly bumping into Nick. He was standing there, right behind me. 'What the f**k was that?'
I looked up at him and began walking back towards the room. 'What are you talking about?' I sat in a chair but Nick just stood in front of me in disbelief.
'You're going on a date with him? I thought you and I had something going on finally. Then this guy shows up, just asks you out, and you say yes?'
I scoffed at him, 'I didn't say yes thank you very much. Austin and I are just friends, why are you overreacting?'
'You certainly didn't say no. And you told him that you and I were "just friends" to.'
I didn't answer him for a second, thinking about what the hell he was talking about. When I realized what he was getting at, my face softened. I gazed at him, grabbing his hand and pulling him towards me. I stood up and hugged him, 'Nick you know I didn't mean it like that.' After a moment, he hugged me back and instantly I felt better. 'You and I do have something and I'm longing to find out what it is. We just have to wait until Eli cools down and then we can see where this goes.'
We parted and just looked at each other for a moment. 'I don't wanna argue with you, Alice. I'm sorry I got upset, I just don't want anyone to take you from me.'
I smiled, 'Nobody can take me from you.' I leaned in and kissed him. The spark that I knew I would always have for him grew stronger until they were fireworks. I never needed someone so much in my life. I felt like without him, I would probably die. Nicolas Layne Knight was my everything and I knew I would never feel that way for anyone else.
We were interrupted by someone opening the door. 'Okay-' Dr. Greenland started but stopped when he saw us kissing. 'I hope I'm not interrupting something?'
Turning as red as an apple, I glanced at the clock, realizing that we had been doing that for five minutes. It felt like seconds and I longed for more. I sat down quickly and shook my head, not trusting myself to speak at the moment.
Dr. Greenland closed the door behind him, looking his chart once again. He was clearly as embarrassed as us based on his pink face. 'Okay,' he said finally. 'Well, the tests came in...'
'And?' my voice wavered.
'Ms. Autumns, you are pregnant.'
*****
'Yeah, lemme get, uh.. triple scoop of Rocky Road and a double scoop of Bear Tracks,' Nick told the ice cream lady. We were at Bruster's which was right across the street from the hospital. He had kept with his promise about ice cream so here we were now.
I was sitting on the one of the benches by the sidewalk waiting for him. The lady gave him the icecream and he paid her. When he walked over to me but I didn't look up at him. 'What if the baby is deformed or something?' I asked.
He sighed and sat down next to me, handing me the triple scoop of Rocky Road. I wiped away tears I didn't know I had and took the ice cream. 'I'm pretty sure it won't be deformed,' he said softly. 'When do you wanna tell him?'
I shook my head quickly, 'I don't want him to know. He would never give up after that, he'd think that'll be the ticket to be with me or something.'
'Yeah, but isn't he trying to make you happy? If you don't want him to do that, then he would try his best to please you.'
'I don't know,' I whimpered and began crying all over again. 'I don't wanna be pregnant, I'm too young to have a kid.'
Nick hugged me tightly and I cried into his shoulder. He consoled me, which made me feel a little better. When Dr. Greenland informed us that I was pregnant, I broke down. He prescribed me some different medication and gave me a number I could call to start setting up appointments for the baby. I was beside myself, there was no way I was gonna be able to work, take care of Noah, go to school, and fight this weird sickness I have all the while being pregnant!
When I had finished crying, I pulled away from Nick and just stared at him. 'What?' he asked, concerned.
'Do you not wanna be with me now that I'm pregnant?' I hiccuped.
He gave me a weird look, 'What? That's ridiculous. I will be here for you step-by-step no matter what happens.'
I smiled through my drying tears and hugged him, 'I love you, Nick.'
He pulled away and looked into my eyes, 'You do?' I nodded. He gave me such a loving look, and crushed his lips to mine, kissing me passionately. I kissed him back, the world stopping in it's tracks once again. Instantly, I felt better. All my worries were gone and all that was left was him. He pulled back and rested his forehead on mine, 'I love you to, Alice.'
I couldn't help but give him an amorous smile. After another moment of gazing at each other, I looked out at the park next to the hospital. 'Is it weird that we decided to get ice cream in the middle of winter?'
Nick laughed and ate a spoon full of ice cream, 'Kinda, but I like eating ice cream in the winter. Doesn't melt as fast.'
'Same here,' I got up and held my hand out towards him.
He took it without question and we stared walking for the park. After a moment, he spoke up slowly, 'What are you hoping it will be? Boy or girl?'
I winced at the subject being brought back up but my worries disappeared as Nick squeezed my hand in comfort. 'Girl,' I said after a moment of thinking. He nodded. I glanced over at him, 'I was expecting you to be upset when Dr. Greenland gave us the news?'
'No, of course not.' He looked over at me, 'And the answer to earlier is I'd rather you be pregnant than have a tumor. I didn't even have to think about that. A tumor could seriously hurt you, being pregnant meant that you are bringing another life into this world.' I blushed. 'You are going to have a beautiful child, I guarantee it.'
We walked into the park and I sat on a swing. 'I don't know how to be a mother..' I looked down.
'Yes you do, you've been raising Noah since she was born basically.'
'Yeah, but I had help. Eli was there to help me when I didn't know what to do. I feel like I'm all alone in this.'
Nick knelt down in front of me and took my free hand, 'You're not alone. You have Eli, Raven, Nadia, James, Kitty, Noah... you also have me. We will all be there to support you along the way.'
I smiled and pecked him on the lips. 'We have to find out a way to tell all of them. I'm just worried about what they might think. James, Nadia, Noah, and Kitty still don't know what happened.'
'Don't worry, we'll find a way to tell them.'



© 2014 Marked4Sin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
Added on January 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 12, 2014

Welcome to the Family


Author

Marked4Sin
Marked4Sin

Ocala, FL



About
Hey everybody! Ashley here! 18 and taken since Feb. 4th 2013 more..

Writing