Chapter 8- Mother May I

Chapter 8- Mother May I

A Chapter by Marked4Sin

I just stared at her baffled. ‘My name is Alice,’ I whispered and walked away.
‘Hey!’ she yelled from the kitchen. ‘Hey! I’m not done with you!’ She grabbed me by my arm, yanked me backwards and I fell up against the dining room table. ‘I wasn’t done getting onto you, Anna.’
‘My name is Alice!’ I yelled at her. She looked frightened but only for a second. Then she backhanded me right across the face.
I grabbed my cheek and stared back at her, tears forming in my eyes. ‘Hey!’ Eli said from the living room and started towards mom, fists clenched.
I stood between them, my back to mom. ‘Don’t Eli, please. She’s not worth it.’
‘Oh, yeah. Get your boyfriend to come to the rescue,’ mom mocked. Eli looked up at her and started walking towards her again, despite me being in front of him.
‘Eli, I said please. For me.’ I grabbed his arms and pushed him back. He stopped and looked at me, putting a hand up to my burning face.
‘Okay,’ he said quietly.
‘Okay, that’s enough. You, s**t go to your room. You, boyfriend get the f**k out of my house.’ she led Eli to the front door and pushed him out, locking it. Then she began  pushing me towards the hall and into my bedroom.
‘You’re such a b***h, do you know that? I hate you.’
‘Yeah well I guess it got passed down cuz you’re a b***h to.’ She pushed me into my room and I stumbled. ‘Stay in here till I tell you to come out.’ She turned to shut the door.
‘Which is when? Drunk old b***h. You’ll forget, just like you forgot my name.’ Twisting back towards me, she stepped in my room and shut the door behind her locking it.
‘I’m sorry I didn’t hear what you said.’
‘I think you did,’ I sneered at her. ‘You’re a drunk b***h who thinks of nothing but herself. You left Eli, Noah, and me to fend for ourselves. Eli and I both pay the bills, just to keep your sorry a*s fed and well cared for. You don’t care for us. You don’t love us. You didn’t even know that Eli was your son, you ruined your youngest child’s life cuz you wanted hide how pathetic you were behind a bottle of booze!’
There was silence for a second, she just stood there dumbfounded. ‘…You were about to have sex with your brother?’
‘Ohmygod!’
‘Don’t you ohmygod me. You are a sick twisted w***e. And don’t you dare call me a b***h, I’m the one who took care of you for 12 years-’
‘No,’ I interrupted her. ‘Dad took care of us, you didn’t do a goddamn thing. No wonder why he left your a*s.’
She glared at me for a long time. Then raced towards me with a look of pure hatred on her face. I braced for impact but it never happened. I looked up and didn’t see her, however as soon as I looked behind me, I was whacked in the head. I fell to my knees and grabbed my forehead. Mom came around in front of me and I looked up to see a baseball bat in her hands. It was the one I kept under my bed in case of emergencies. She smiled bitterly at me.
‘I loved your father, and he left because of y’all. He was the only thing I had in this world and you took him away from me!’ She gritted her teeth and swung the bat again but I grabbed it, grimacing at the pain that it gave my hand. ‘Let go of the f*****g bat!’ she growled.
She tried to yank it away from my hands, but I held on tight. ‘Stop f*****g hitting me!’ Just then she raised her foot and kicked me in the face even though I still held on. She continued kicking me until I finally let go, then started beating me with it. ‘Stop!’ I cried, curling up into a little ball so she wouldn’t hit as much of me. She continued though for what seemed like forever. ‘Please mom stop!’
After she was satisfied, she dropped the bat next to me and walked towards the door. ‘Next time I would keep your mouth shut if I were you.’ She opened it and turned around. ‘Don’t come out till I say you can.’ Then shut the door and locked it again.
I just laid there, crying. How could she have done that to her own daughter and not care? After awhile I got up and walked to my closet mirror to catch a glimpse of the damage. I didn’t think I looked that bad and started to fix myself up. There was nothing much I could do about the fat lip but I put some more cover-up on my face after I dried my tears. Then I changed my battered Asking Alexandria shirt in for a black long sleeved shirt.
When I was finished, I sat on my bed and turned my stereo on low so my mom couldn’t hear it. Then I dug under my mattress, found my razor and started cutting while listening to ‘In Your Dreams Brah!’ by Abandon All Ships. After a couple slices I put it back in its hiding spot and laid down with my arm over my bed, letting the blood drip onto the floor.
I must have dozed off or something because the next thing I knew there was a knock at my window. I jumped like fifty feet in the air and rushed to clean up the puddle. When I moved my curtains, I saw that it was Eli and let him in.
‘Alice,’ he said and I shushed him.
‘I don’t want mom to hear you,’ I whispered. He nodded and I went back over to my bed and curled into a little ball.
‘Are you okay?’ he breathed. ‘I heard screaming and yelling. Did she hurt you?’
‘No she didn’t,’ I lied. ‘All that happened was a bunch of threatening and insulting then she locked my door and said I can’t come out till she tells me to.’
He sat beside me on the bed and stroked my leg. ‘Then why are you wearing a different shirt?’
I thought quickly, ‘Cuz the other one was still wet and had your blood on it.’
‘Oh, okay,’ he sighed. I reached out and grabbed his arm and he looked at me. ‘What?’
‘Can you lay down with me? I’m kinda cold and it’ll make me feel safer.’ He smiled sweetly and nodded. When we were nice and comfy I relaxed in his arms. ‘Eli?’
‘Yes?’ he replied softly.
‘We left our bullets out in the living room.’
He laughed into my hair, ‘Yes we did but I think the reason behind that was soooo worth it.’
I giggled, quietly. ‘Yeah, I think we both won that bet.’



© 2014 Marked4Sin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

107 Views
Added on January 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 12, 2014

Welcome to the Family


Author

Marked4Sin
Marked4Sin

Ocala, FL



About
Hey everybody! Ashley here! 18 and taken since Feb. 4th 2013 more..

Writing