Chapter 21- The Match

Chapter 21- The Match

A Chapter by Marked4Sin

We were all in the game room when a Worker came in. Nadia and I were playing pool while Kitty and James were half watching while watching the TV in one corner of the room.
‘Alice,’ he motioned me towards him. I put the pool stick on the table and walked over. ‘It’s time for you to meet with Mrs. Yakka.’
‘Whose Mrs. Yakka?’
‘The Centers psychiatrist,’ he sighed impatiently. ‘Follow me.’
I looked back at my new friends who were looking at me expectantly. I began walking back over to them, ‘Okay, let me just say bye to my friends.’
Not even walking two steps towards them was I yanked by the arm. ‘Now. You can see them later.’ I grinded my teeth together and reluctantly followed. All I could do was wave behind me with my free hand. James and Nadia looked pissed off at the Worker as he pulled me along. When we exited the room and went down various corridors we appeared in the front office. Which was the place when I first came to with the short, fat lady. He walked me into an empty office and shoved me towards a chair. ‘She will be here shortly.’
I fell onto the chair and looked back at him, ‘No need to be so rude.’
He was standing guard by the door. He looked at me balefully and smiled, ‘You better learn the rules around here kid, they’ll do you some good.’ I rolled my eyes but kept my mouth shut remembering Nadia’s advice. The more quiet you are the less trouble you’ll be in. 
While I waited for Mrs. Yak to come in I looked around. It looked like your basic head shrinker’s office. There was her diplomas on the wall above her office chair, she had books and various knick knacks on the bookshelves lining the walls of the office. There was another door on the left side of the room with a curtain over the window of the door. She had a laptop and papers all over her desk. No pictures. Must be a lonely old bat. I was leaning forward to look at the papers when the door opened again and a tall lady with a long, narrow face walked in.
‘Good morning, Ms, Autumns. Mr. White, you may be dismissed,’ she strode across the room with an arm-full of folders and papers and a cup of coffee. She set them down before extending her hand out to me. ‘It’s very nice to meet you.’ I just looked at her and she took back her unshaken hand. ‘It’s been some morning, huh?’ She smoothed her short black skirt before sitting down.
I yawned and leaned back comfortably in my chair, ‘Yeah, I guess.’
She took the folder on top of her pile and opened it up in front of her. ‘How has it been for you?’ She took a pen from a cup on the desk and began writing something.
‘Different, I guess.‘
‘How different?‘
‘New place, new people,’ I said simply as I watched her write.
‘How does that make you feel?’ She looked at me as if waiting for an answer.
Ugh, I hated this s**t. ‘Busy.’
‘What all have you done this morning? Meet anyone new?’
‘I ate breakfast and made a few friends.’
‘What did you eat? Are your new friends nice?’ She asked as she scrawled something down, I glared at her before answer.
‘I ate an apple. They’re very nice.’
‘Is that all you ate?’ I nodded. ‘Do you eat a lot, Ms. Autumns?’
I thought for a second, ‘I eat like a normal person.’
‘What is eating normally to you?’
I shook my head like she was some babbling idiot I was trying to erase. ‘Look, what does this have to do with me being in here? I came in here for an evaluation, not to get my head squeezed of its nerves. God, just start with the real questions so I can get out of here.’
She looked up at me from writing and I swear I saw her smirk. ‘You are here for psychiatric evaluation and I am a part of that process. I’m going to ask you a lot of annoying questions that you may not like but just answer them without complaint and we will get through this a lot quicker.’ I was silent for a second before nodding slowly.
‘Now, yesterday when your mother beat you and you were a victim of a hostage situation, did you ever in that time want to kill yourself?’
‘No, more than anything I wanted myself and the others to get out of there. And my mom was just being a b***h.’
‘Why did you hurt yourself?’ She glanced down towards my wrists and I moved them out of sight.
‘Cuz I thought it would help relieve the stress I was feeling but in the end I knew that it didn’t,’ I lied as best I could because it really did help; it always helped. ‘I learned my lesson that it just makes things worse in the end. It’s better to do something positive and time-consuming.’ I’d read all these things online when I had first started cutting after my dad left. I thought they’d be good things to say if people ever found out and wanted me to stop.
Mrs. Yakka began writing again and the next hour went on like that, her asking questions and me answering them as angelic as possible. When we were done it was 11:03, the Worker that had been there earlier appeared out of nowhere to guide me back.
As soon as we were out of earshot and eyesight of the front office people, he began talking to me. ‘So, how was your first session?’ he asked coldly.
I was quiet for a second before mumbling an answer back, ‘Fine.’
He looked at me and then back in front of us. ‘I’m the main guide for her patients,’ he said proudly.
‘Awesome,’ I replied flatly, wishing he would be quiet and walk faster. However, instead he slowed his pace and stopped in front of me.



© 2014 Marked4Sin


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

131 Views
Added on January 12, 2014
Last Updated on January 12, 2014

Welcome to the Family


Author

Marked4Sin
Marked4Sin

Ocala, FL



About
Hey everybody! Ashley here! 18 and taken since Feb. 4th 2013 more..

Writing