Chapter Two

Chapter Two

A Chapter by Neeeks!

I looked at my phone as it buzzed; I always had it on vibrate, have since I first got it. As I stared at my phone, it dawned on me that I didn't even know what the default ring tone was. I laughed at the thought. Reaching for my phone, I looked to see who was calling; it was Amanda. It continued to buzz as I stared at my phone. Should I answer? Should I tell her? There was no doubt that she had been online, watching as the numbers lowered until the show was sold out, just like I had. I had watched both reach zero. She was probably calling to make sure I had managed to get the tickets. Did she know that the shows were on the same night? I didn't know, but I didn't feel like asking her. I didn't really feel up to talking to her, either.

Letting out a sigh, I waited until the phone stopped buzzing, put it on silent and rolled over to go back to sleep. I was going to her house in a few days for vacation. The tickets would be here before then, so I could bring them to her house; Amanda would just have to wait until I got there to find out what was going on. I let out a heavy sigh as I stared at my wall. I knew Amanda would continue to call until I picked up; that girl hardly ever left a voice mail. Then again, I hardly ever left her voice mails unless I was really bored. I fell asleep again, not really caring that my mom would get mad at me for not answering the phone if she tried calling.

I woke up when I heard my mom in the kitchen. Glancing at my clock, I saw that it was just after midnight. Sometimes I loved sleeping the day away, but at other times I hated it. The dining room light turned off and I heard my mom lock the kitchen door. She was probably going to bed, though she would be up for another hour or two watching movies, like always. Finally deciding to find out how many times Amanda had tried calling, I grab my phone and opened it.

"Forty-three new messages," I muttered, pressing 'dismiss' so that I could see the missed calls. "And thirteen missed calls."

I sighed as I pressed 'ignore' and went to set the phone down only to stop when it flashed, indicating that I had a new voice mail. I called my voice mail, lazily holding my phone to my ear; I was too tired to actually hold it up.

"You have five saved messages," the recording said. "And three new messages."

I sighed and listened as the recording went through the basic things. Oddly enough, the first voice mail was from my mom; she was annoyed for not picking up the phone, asking for me to walk the dog.

"Oops," I muttered as I deleted the message. "Guess she walked the dog."

I listened to the second voice mail; it was from my mother, again. She still sounded annoyed, asking for me to do the laundry and reminding me to walk the dog. I deleted that message as well. Whatever laundry needed to be done, I could do before work on Sunday. The recording began the last message; it was from Amanda.

"Hey, I was wondering if you managed to get the tickets," Amanda's voice said. "I've been trying to call you for the last two hours. I hope you didn't get called into work. The show sold out, so I really hope you got us tickets. Call me back as soon as you get this, alright? Love you, love. Um, bye."

I saved the message, though I instantly regretted not deleting it; if I deleted it, I could say I never got the message. As far as the missed calls went, I deleted them. My phone sometimes missed calls, just as it sometimes randomly called people. My mom was getting fed up with my phone calling her at random points in time, making her look like an idiot as she repeatedly said 'hello' to no one whenever it happened. Most of the text messages were Facebook and Twitter updates, most of which from Amanda. She kept posting things like "Tickets are on sale," "Tickets sold out. Hope my wife got us some," and "Why isn't my Nicki answering her phone? She's not working, is she? :("

I felt bad for not answering, but my stomach churned at the thought of actually talking to her. How was I going to tell her that I had come to a decision without her consent? Decided which band we were going to see without talking to her about it first? I had no idea what she was going to say when she learned of the tickets I had purchased. Would she be mad at me when she found out? Would she still want to go with me? I didn't know, but I was too afraid to ask. I dragged a blanket over me and rolled over, staring at my wall in the dark. My music was still playing, but I turned it down since everyone else in the house was sleeping and fell asleep almost an hour later myself.


© 2010 Neeeks!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That would be me! Calling you non-stop till I got an answer. Lol. Those boys have a hold on me. :( I wonder what she picked! Nudges better me the Joni. Lol. Just kidding. :) I would be happy if you picked Tokio Hotel, since it’s your dream to see them. But if you EVER deny my phone calls like that, you will be missing a limb! :) said with love.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

That would be me! Calling you non-stop till I got an answer. Lol. Those boys have a hold on me. :( I wonder what she picked! Nudges better me the Joni. Lol. Just kidding. :) I would be happy if you picked Tokio Hotel, since it’s your dream to see them. But if you EVER deny my phone calls like that, you will be missing a limb! :) said with love.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

168 Views
1 Review
Added on March 9, 2010
Last Updated on March 9, 2010
Tags: Tokio Hotel, Bill Kaulitz, The Jonas Brothers, Joe Jonas


Author

Neeeks!
Neeeks!

Pine Ridge, SD



About
Hello, the name's Echo, but my friends refer to me as Neeeks, Echo-Neko, Echo-chan, Neko or Neko-chan... You get the point. I'm twenty-one, a vegetarian and have been writing for almost nine year.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Neeeks!