Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

A Chapter by Neeeks!

The parking lot was still fairly empty when I pulled up to my work. Amanda looked out her window as I parked. She stretched and looked back at Dharma.

"I'm going to take Dharma out while you go and cash your check," she said. "Is that alright or should I wait until we're somewhere else?"

"You can take her out here," I answered. "Just walk her along the back over there."

"Alright," Amanda nodded with a smile. "Just in case she goes boom, boom."

I laughed and nodded.

"Exactly," I said as I got unbuckled. "Tux is going to have to stay in the car."

He looked up at me as I picked him up so that I could get out of the car. I set him down on my seat and pet his cheek a couple times before closing the door. Amanda had already gotten out of the car, Dharma standing next to her.

"I'll be back in a couple minutes," I said as I walked away.

"Hurry up," Amanda called. "We still have to drive to Boston!"

I waved my hand, showing her that I had heard her. It was warm outside, but I was hit by a cool breeze as I walked into the building. It was a simple little grocery store; there were only three of them, two of which were in Rhode Island and then one in Connecticut. There were barely any customers at the registers, so a few of my coworkers were standing around looking bored. We all knew that we were supposed to look busy when there weren't any customers, but it got boring cleaning the registers between every customer when you worked in the morning. That's why I liked working in the afternoon; it was always busy enough to keep you going nonstop until it was time to go on break or home.

"Hi Cari," I said as I walked up to the current supervisor, giving her a hug.

"Hey Nicole," she replied. "I thought you had the week off."

"I do," I explained. "Sandy said that I could cash my check early."

Cari nodded, grabbing her keys off the register and putting them in her apron. She grabbed her closed sign and tossed it to the end of her belt.

"Let's go get your check then," she said. "I'll cash it for you."

"Thanks!"

I followed Cari up to the break room so that we could get my check from the office. Mary looked up from her desk and smiled at us.

"Sandy said she could cash her check early," Cari said.

Mary nodded and opened a filing cabinet behind her. I watched in silence as she flipped through the envelopes.

"Nicole, right?" she asked.

"Yup," I answered with a nod. "That's me."

"She left a note on it to remind me," Mary laughed. "Sometimes I think she thinks my memory is terrible."

"It's not terrible," Cari laughed. "Yet."

"Yeah, yet," Mary replied while rolling her eyes. "Have fun."

She handed me my check and went back to what she was doing. Probably going through some orders or something. Whatever she was doing, it looked boring.

"Thanks," I said before following Cari downstairs again.

"So, where are you going, anyway?" Cari asked, holding the door open for me.

"My friend, Amanda, and I are going to Boston for a week. We're staying in a hotel and stuff," I answered. "I bought us tickets for the Jonas concert tonight."

"I thought your Tokio Hotel concert was tonight," Cari said as we reached her register. "What happened to that?"

"They ended up being on the same night so I'm taking Amanda to see The Jonas Brothers," I answered "The boys are splitting up after this tour so it's her last chance to see them."

Cari nodded as she cashed my check.

"Aren't your boys from Germany, though?"

"Yeah, but they'll do another tour in the states," I answered. "They come every couple of years."

Cari simply nodded and handed me the money, closing her register.

"In any case, have fun," she said. "But stay out of trouble."

"We will," I laughed. "Bye."

"Bye."

I walked outside and saw that Amanda was already back in the car with Dharma. Tux was laying on the dashboard in front of the steering wheel, staring at Dharma. They were having a staring contest or something, and I laughed at them as I got back in the car. Amanda looked at me and shrugged.

"Having fun you two?" I asked, petting both of them at the same time.

They simply looked at me before looking back at each other.

"Whatever," I sighed as I started the car. "Boston, here we come."

"Finally!" Amanda said, fidgeting in her seat as we pulled out of the parking lot.


© 2010 Neeeks!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

GAAAHHH I WANT MOOOORRRREEEE!!!!!! Lol.
XP I was excited to keep going... then my heart broke when I realized it was the last chapter for now... *attacks you* Give me more! Lol.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Added on March 10, 2010
Last Updated on March 10, 2010


Author

Neeeks!
Neeeks!

Pine Ridge, SD



About
Hello, the name's Echo, but my friends refer to me as Neeeks, Echo-Neko, Echo-chan, Neko or Neko-chan... You get the point. I'm twenty-one, a vegetarian and have been writing for almost nine year.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Neeeks!