Chapter Twenty-Four

Chapter Twenty-Four

A Chapter by Neeeks!

I was still leaning back on the building behind me, watching as Amanda paced back and forth. She was smiling, unable to sit still for more than a few seconds; the only times she seemed to stop moving was to check her phone, which she had asked for not even five minutes after getting in line, for the time. I let out a sigh and shook my head.

"Amanda," I said as I continued to watch her. "You're going to tire yourself out and you're giving me a headache with your pacing."

Amanda looked up at me and blinked, but she didn't stop pacing.

"Do you have to pace?"

"Um, yeah? If I don't then I'll be shaking uncontrollably," Amanda answered with a nod. "I need to do something to release some of this energy in me."

I didn't say anything as I watched her. The people standing behind us were standing a few feet back; Amanda had continuously snapped at them when she grew impatient with them getting in the way of her pacing. I shrugged and put my headphones in my ears, turning up my MP3. I knew that everyone within a few feet of me could hear it, but I didn't care. Amanda glanced at me but didn't say anything.

I was listening to a random playlist, one that contained songs from Coldplay, W.A.S.P., Rhianna, The Script, Muse, Tokio Hotel and a few other bands. My arms were crossed over my chest, and it took a lot of effort not to tap my fingers or foot, or to sing along to the music. I never was a good singer, according to my family; some of my friends had told me that I was pretty good, but years of family telling me that my singing was terrible was enough to convince me that whatever my friends said was just to be nice.

The whole time Amanda and I had been standing in line, we had been getting a lot of weird looks. I didn't blame people from looking at us weirdly, though. Amanda was pacing in circles, smiling like nothing could bring her down; I was wearing dark clothing and blaring my music while everyone around me seemed so bright and bubbly, singing random Jonas Brother songs. I knew I definitely wasn't fitting in with the crowd.

I took out my phone to check the time; Amanda seemed to be checking her phone every few minutes, growing more and more excited each time she did so. I decided to check the new messages before checking the time; I had twenty-seven new messages, and that wasn't including the previous eleven I had gotten before that I had yet to check. Most of them were from Facebook and Twitter, updates from bands about new songs and merchandise. There were some from coworkers, talking about Farmville on Facebook, while others were from random people I was friends with posting lyrics to songs they were listening to. I laughed as I read one that said, "P.S., we got dicks like Jesus." That song always made me laugh.

Amanda stopped pacing and walked over to me to find out what I found to be funny. She peered at my phone for a minute before looking up at me, an eyebrow raised. I looked at her and blinked; she didn't say anything as she stared at me.

"What?"

"We got dicks like Jesus," she said slowly, still staring at me. "What's that about?"

"Oh, it's from the song, 'My Dick' by Mickey Avalon," I answered. "It's a really funny song."

Amanda nodded her head slowly, still eying me like I was weird or something.

"Well it is," I said. "In my opinion, anyway."

"Where did you hear that song?"

"Krystel played it for me," I answered. "She asked if I had ever heard it and when I told her I hadn't, she played it."

"Your sister is weird..."

"I know she is, but I like the music she introduces me to. For the most part, anyway."

Amanda nodded again, not saying anything.

"You've never heard it before, have you," I asked as I stared at her.

"Nope," Amanda answered. "And I'm not quite sure I want to."

She smiled and laughed, pointing at my phone.

"The lyrics seem a bit weird..."

"But they're hilarious," I laughed. "My dick so hot it's stolen, your dick look like Gary Coleman; my dick is like super size, your dick look like two fries; my dick, V.I.P, your s**t needs I.D."

Amanda was still staring at me, trying not to laugh at the few lyrics I had recited. She looked down at her phone and smiled.

"What time is it?"

"Almost four," Amanda answered with a grin. "Just over an hour to go!"

"Who else is playing tonight?"

I never looked into who was playing with the Jonas Brothers. After all, Amanda was the one who had really wanted to come while I had wanted to see Tokio Hotel.

"Some small, hometown band is playing first," Amanda answered with a shrug, indicating that she didn't know who they were. "And then Mitchel Musso is playing before the Jonas Brothers."


© 2010 Neeeks!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OHHHHHHHHHh CONCERT!!!!
i think i heard that song too... lol.
Jonas fans are scary but I'd hid my weirdness. lol.
or try... lol.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

148 Views
1 Review
Added on March 16, 2010
Last Updated on March 17, 2010
Tags: Tokio Hotel, Bill Kaulitz, The Jonas Brothers, Joe Jonas


Author

Neeeks!
Neeeks!

Pine Ridge, SD



About
Hello, the name's Echo, but my friends refer to me as Neeeks, Echo-Neko, Echo-chan, Neko or Neko-chan... You get the point. I'm twenty-one, a vegetarian and have been writing for almost nine year.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Neeeks!