Chapter Twelve

Chapter Twelve

A Chapter by Neeeks!

"Dibs!" Amanda called as she ran into one of the bedrooms.

Dharma quickly stood up, running after Amanda as she disappeared from the living room. I laughed as I watched Amanda jump onto the bed, Dharma jumping on top of her making Amanda grunt.

"If you say so," I called, walking to the other bedroom. "I like this one better, anyway."

I gently set the shoulder bag down on the bed, unfastening the flap and folding it back so that Tux could get out. He stepped out of the bag, stretching his legs before looking around.

"Welcome to your temporary home," I said before kissing his head. "This is where we'll be living for a week."

Tux didn't look at me as he walked across the bed, jumping off at the other side. I watched as he looked around the room for a minute before jumping onto the windowsill. He always did adapt easily to new places, so I knew I could take him with me wherever I went. My mom wasn't too convinced of that, though. Not after she had first taken him to the pound and he found his way back. That was all it took for my mom to agree to letting me keep him. She still says that he came back to the house because it was his home, but I knew he had come back to me; I was the only one in the household he liked, and he tried to follow me everywhere I went.

"So, he likes it?" Amanda asked from my doorway.

I simply nodded.

"You said he was litter-box trained," Amanda continued. "How are you going to get a litter-box in here?"

"I already did," I answered. "That's what's in the huge bag of mine."

"Oh," Amanda said, nodding. "Good thinking."

"In fact, I should probably set that up now," I muttered, walking back into the living room.

"Where is it going to go?" Amanda asked, raising an eyebrow.

"In my bathroom," I answered. "That way it's out of the way."

"And I won't have to smell it." Amanda laughed.

"Yeah... That too, I guess."

I grabbed my bags and brought them into my room while Amanda did the same with hers. She almost fell as Dharma walked under her, making me laugh. It didn't take me long to get the litter-box set up or to unpack my belongings. Tux was still sitting in the window so I walked over to him, petting his head. He leaned his head back, getting up on his hind legs as I pet him. I smiled and kisses his nose.

"Love you, Tux," I whispered before kissing his head.

"Awe, so cute," Amanda chirped from the doorway.

I rolled my eyes but smiled up at her.

"You're weird," I commented. "Hope you know that."

"I know," Amanda laughed. "But you're weird too. Hope you know that."

We walked back into the living room, looking around for a moment before going into the kitchen to see what was where. The place we had booked had a fairly nice layout to it; both rooms had their own small bathrooms connected to it, a small closet in each. The living room wasn't big, but it wasn't small either, and the kitchen was a decent size. It even had a dishwasher. There was a table in the corner of the living room where one could sit and eat. We declared that area the 'dining room' since there technically wasn't one. What pleased us the most was the fact that the hotel had Wifi so we could both go on our laptops and take care of our sites online, work on our stories, and instant message each other while in our own rooms. Knowing us, we would be instant messaging each other while sitting on the couch next to each other, just like we always did.

I smiled and laid down on the couch, grunting as Amanda sat on me. She smiled down at me and pat my head a few times before wiggling around, trying to get comfortable. I let out a sigh and buried my face into the couch. It smelt like Febreeze, and a lot of it. Amanda laughed when Dharma jumped onto the couch next to her, sitting on me as well.

"...jerk," I muttered.

Amanda didn't hear me since my face was still buried in the cushions of the couch. It didn't help that she was laughing while trying to sing. I didn't know what song she was singing, but she kept forgetting the words so she was almost constantly making up words that seemed to fit the tune.


© 2010 Neeeks!


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's me... I'd make up a song about anything... just to sing it. Lol.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Added on March 11, 2010
Last Updated on March 11, 2010


Author

Neeeks!
Neeeks!

Pine Ridge, SD



About
Hello, the name's Echo, but my friends refer to me as Neeeks, Echo-Neko, Echo-chan, Neko or Neko-chan... You get the point. I'm twenty-one, a vegetarian and have been writing for almost nine year.. more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Neeeks!