Chapter 3: Angel By My Side

Chapter 3: Angel By My Side

A Chapter by Tina Bee

I walked in with my head held high. There were some hoots and hollers from boys I'd known as I passed to the way back. I sat by myself. The two girls in front of me, Sarah Struber and Alexis Goldenbolt, tried hard to look back and peek. I glared at them and they turned back to the front as the second bell rang and Mrs. Lamponian walked into the room.

 

Mrs. Lamponian had brown hair that was cut into a man's style with thick rimmed glasses. She wore a simple brown suit that showed off nothing of her figure. She began class immediately and let us know just how nonsensical she truly was.

 

"In my class we will not snicker, we will not fight, we will not abuse any of the equipment the school board has graced us with. Now, onto more pertinent business, most labs will require you to have a partner. Turn to the person sitting next to you," Mrs. Lamponian said, "this will be your partner for the next three months. Anyone without a partner please raise your hand."

 

I did so and so did someone else who was closer to the front. Mrs. Lamponian looked at me and spoke:

 

"Will you please come up here and join your partner, what was your name?" Mrs. Lamponian asked and the person spoke, "yes please come sit next to Destiney Richards."

 

I didn't get up immediately and Mrs. Lamponian glared back at me.

 

"What is your name?" Mrs. Lamponian asked me and everyone looked back at me now.

 

"Myra Huntington," and as I said my name someone yelled out, "HO" and the class started laughing. Mrs. Lamponian snapped her head up.

 

"Who said that?" she screamed to the class, but no one fessed up.

 

I finally moved to the front and sat next to Destiney without further incident.

 

Destiney looked liked she'd lost some weight since the last time I'd see her. She had her hair in extensions and she wore brand new Jordan's, a blue t-shirt, a pair of blue jeans.

 

Mrs. Lamponian went on to explain the curriculum for the semester and then she passed out syllabuses for us to give to our parents to bring back tomorrow. The bell finally rang and we filed out the classroom. I had a little trouble finding my next class, Geometry, but when I got there I was relieved to see no faces I recognized. Despite all of my troubles I excelled in math back in middle school. Principal Gellar was impressed by that to my luck.

 

Mr. Burkedale was an old man. He smelled weird and so did his entire classroom. In the middle of his first day speech I asked to be excused and I ran to the bathroom to heave my guts. When I was done I looked at my clock and sat another forty-five minutes of having to sit in there before lunch and I knew I couldn't do it so I took a seat out by one of the garden areas to help clear my head. This section of the school was a bit secluded from the classrooms. The day was bright and sunny and the morning chill was wearing off.

 

I was taking in deep breaths when a guy approached me and interrupted my meditation.

 

"Do you have a pass?" he asked me, but I didn't look at him.

 

"Yea," I said taking out Mr. Burkedale's hall pass.

 

"Looks like you left class fifteen minutes ago, that's a very long time," he said to me and that's when I opened my eyes.

 

He was at least six foot two. He had brown hair with with blond highlights going through it. His eyes were a soft hazel and he smiled at me when I made eye contact with him.

 

"I know, but I'm just not feeling good," I said to him.

 

"Well maybe you should see the nurse," he suggested to me, but I didn't want to do that.

 

"No it's ok, I was just getting back to class," I told him and got up a little too quickly.

 

"Here, steady, let me walk with you back," he said to me and I just shrugged my shoulders and got back up.

 

"So are you a student?" I asked him and he chuckled.

 

"Yes, but this is my free period and I come in to help with hall duties. My name's Andrew and you are?" he asked me as we turned down the math class section of the high school.

 

"Myra," I said softly to him.

 

"Well it's nice to meet you, Myra, here's your class and I hope you feel better," he said to me at the door.

 

I went right in and Mr. Burkedale continued with what he was saying. I was glad that he ignored my entrance.

 

Just as the bell rang I got a text message from Violetta telling me to meet she and Amber by the gym. I texted her back saying I'd be there in five minutes. Mr. Burkedale asked to speak with me after class. I knew this wouldn't be good.

 

"So I see that you took a bathroom break," Mr. Burkedale said.

 

"Yes, I did," I replied back to him.

 

"While you were gone I went over the bathroom pass rules and just so you know you've used up one of your three already. After three I start deducting points from your grade," Mr. Burkedale explained to me.

 

I thought to myself, 'I'm not going to possibly be able to only use two more passes with the wicked stench in this room. I'd take an "F" if I had to.

 

"Ok, thanks for telling me," I said to him, but he stopped me.

 

"Myra, my wife and have been watching your case quite extensively over this summer and all I have to say is we're rooting for you," Mr. Burkdale disclosed to me and my eyes brightened.

 

"Thank you, Mr. Burkedale," I said to him and humbly walked out of the classroom and to the gym where Amber and Violetta awaited.



© 2009 Tina Bee


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Well, I'm sure glad Myra found a couple nice people at school.
That's good.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

281 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on August 19, 2009
Last Updated on August 19, 2009

All Time Low


Author

Tina Bee
Tina Bee

Sacramento, CA



About
My new book, "The Brighter Side of Low" is now up for viewing. Read it today and new chapters have been added as of July 1, 2013. More chapters coming soon! I've completed my second book titled, "A.. more..

Writing
As We Knew It As We Knew It

A Story by Tina Bee


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Tina Bee